favorite primarch

empty choke

I heard Vulkan was a rock god on the guitar...

WLK

It's true, Kier. You ought to hear his solo on 'Freeaquila'! I heard Russ was an 'animal' on the drums <_< :)

damn Guilliman for breaking up the band...

WLK

What a square...

lol

My vote's gotta be for Dorn, I thought his record was just behind the luna wolves when he got sent back to earth and thats how everyone else managed to catch up :teehee:

Second's gotta be Alpharius/Omegron Anyone who believes robute managed to kill one is drinking the ultrakoolaid. I know we got him, it's not like the entire chapter has surgery to look like the primarch and many of them were fairly indistinguishable... Of all the chaos chapters their the ones I'd like to see get a codex the most to justify building an army.

Least Favorite: Guilliman. He's a braggart who was 3rd or 4th in conquests when horus became warmaster and his chapter outnumbered the other chapters 2.5:1. Yea, he left all the civilizations he conquered in really good shape but he gods, so many smurfs. He wasn't the best tactician or strategist, he was good at it, yes, and he was the best administrator, but ya gotta wonder where that would have gotten him if he had been playing with the same cards as the other legions.

A note in his defense tho, Robute didn't solely base the codex astartes on ultramarine structure and tactics. I'm fairly sure*no backup for this sadly* that the entire chapter = 1000 marines is actually a Dark angel idea that he liked and decided to run with. So who knows how much of the current structure is actually his ideas originally and him taking ideas from other primarchs who were superior tacticians.

Tev

Least Favorite: Guilliman. He's a braggart who was 3rd or 4th in conquests when horus became warmaster and his chapter outnumbered the other chapters 2.5:1.

Well, your favourites are who your favourites are, and I am not going to challenge that. I just wanted to point out that officially, it was Guilliman who came 1st in liberated worlds. Horus, Jonson and Russ achieved more victories though. Also, often the Luna Wolves would just take out the enemy military and then immediately rush on to the next theatre to achieve the next "vicory", leaving behind the Iron Warriors or the Ultramarines to mop up and establish order (see Index Astartes Luna Wolves). Kinda makes you wonder who was hugging all the glory, doesn't it?

Yet if the Luna Wolves sat around pulling guard duty every time they achieved a victory people would accuse Horus of sitting on his laurels. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Being Warmaster Horus hardly had a choice he had to set the tempo for operations otherwise he could be accused of dereliction of duty by a certain Gaint Blue Smurf.

Yet if the Luna Wolves sat around pulling guard duty every time they achieved a victory people would accuse Horus of sitting on his laurels. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Being Warmaster Horus hardly had a choice he had to set the tempo for operations otherwise he could be accused of dereliction of duty by a certain Gaint Blue Smurf.

There is a healthy margin in between staying around for weeks or months to build temples or rushing off to the next place as soon as a military breakthrough has been achieved. Most Chapters were well within that healthy between, while the Word Bearers and the Luna Wolves represented the two extremes. And actually, Horus was criticised by Guilliman, but it was because Horus was too rash and did not bother to set up defenses and protection for the worlds he just liberated, but Horus calmed Guilliman by conceding that Guilliman was " much better at these sort of things".

[*]Lion El'Jonson - Kinda of an a-hole. His minions feel guilty about liking Chaos but refuse to admit that they do....so they wear dresses and hunt down their brothers who had the balls to come out of the Chaos Closet.....

Ha! I like your description. Sanguinius was the greatest and purest. He went to his death out of honor and made it possible for the Emperor to kill(remove from existance) Horus.

Mine obviously has to be Russ. He was shear awsome. Pages have been written in past topics about him so no nead to repeat myself.

I also liked the way Dorn was portrayed in the HH books. Guillaman for holding the empire together.

-To be honest, my favorite primarch was either Russ or Sanguinius. Leman Russ because nobody messed with him (except Magnus :)) and Sanguinius because he did die a heroic death.

-And my least favorite was Guilliman, just because he had to be better than everyone else.....and he's a smurf.

- Guilliman met and debated Alpharius, so he did knew him.

Are you sure it was really Alpharius? ;)

I mean, that's probably what "happened" (in as much as any of this has "happened"), but what I love about the Alphas is that I could see them sending someone else to the Primarch meet-n-greet, while Alpharius hung out at the open bar and recruited half of the waitstaff as operatives. In all likelihood he's dead in the canonical storyline, but there is a bit of wiggle room for later.

Are you sure it was really Alpharius? smile.gif

I mean, that's probably what "happened" (in as much as any of this has "happened"), but what I love about the Alphas is that I could see them sending someone else to the Primarch meet-n-greet, while Alpharius hung out at the open bar and recruited half of the waitstaff as operatives.

Ah, no wonder "Alpharius" could not keep up with the concepts Guilliman was trying to communicate. :rolleyes:

Ferrus Manus because he is just awesome. He hates the weak and fights for the Imperium. He made the ultimate sacrifice on Isstvan V as well. He and his veterans fought to the last man until they were literally all wiped out. He was also one of the few Primarchs to die in the heat of combat.

For me my favorite primarch has to be either Corax or Ferrus. Corax because he does everything the way I would have done it (wait... wait... NOW! 'jumps out and starts slaughtering enemies with lightning claws') plus he is dark and moody, like myself...

Ferrus because he has the most tragic stories (in my opinion, don't tell me someone else's was better) because his closest brother beytrayed him and eventually killed him. After the the first time he realizes that fulgrim has betrayed him, his life goes down the drain. The only thing he has to live for is his father, the Emperor.

Archived