favorite primarch

empty choke

My least is the Lion, just for being a git to Zahariel and just being too secreti

So... if I randomly notice one day that your best friend almost intentionally let you fall victim to an assassination attempt, my best bet would be to just keep quiet about it, right?

And if you found out, you shouldn't be upset in any way. :)

Lion El Johnson.

In case you didnt noticed, I realised that the Lion reflected (some) characteristics of human life/behaviour. For example, everyone HAS a mood cycle of sorts, which sometimes cause us to behave in a way that others may see us as a "good/nice guy" or " a-hole". And personally I feel that just because you dont behave like a Mr. Nice/Educated Guy (like Mr. Obama) doesnt mean you are an "a-hole". Its just the nature of his role as a Primarch. I mean you cant expect the President to 'chat' with you often eh?

Enough of my ramblings, bottomline, I think his character is more realistic, compared to the other primarchs, who sometimes are really 'fantasy' in nature, tho no doubt this is a fantasy game, but I like practicality and I love to see some real world elements in it :D

PS: And I also admire him for being a master strategist = how he was able to see the big picture of things and plan accordingly. It would be interesting to imagine what would happen if he was the Warmaster.

The Lion & Russ. Lion'el Jonson grew up on a death world, had a tally of victories 2nd only to Horus, has an amusing rivalry with Russ, and destroyed his own homeworld. & Russ cos he also grew up in the wilderness, had a tally of victories surpassed by only Horus and the Lion, and cos he is... well he's just Russ. I like how he and the Lion are brothers who just can't get past their differences in personality until something more important than both of them forces it.

Also Corax and Magnus. Corax for wanting to help with the defence of Terra so much that he looked at the science behind gene-seed and the creation of an Astartes, and said "It can't be that hard can it? Pass me that scalpel... maybe if we change this bit... uh oh..." - a dark and enigmatic Primarch with a love of DIY. Magnus because he tried to warn the Emperor of the coming Chaos and instead unleashed it in the Emperor's throne room, destroying all Dad's hard work. However, what he was trying to do was heroic. He tried to stop Horus falling to Chaos in the first place and was a cyclops. That's pretty cool.

Fulgrim, simply because I can relate to him in real life. His constant obsession for perfection in every aspect of his life, and his ambition to push himself and the Emperor's Children as hard as possible in any conflict I think makes him one of the best Primarchs of the Crusade. Also, his fall from the Laer daemon was so well written you can't help but feel sorry for him, espicially after his fight with Ferrus Manus.

Fulgrim, simply because I can relate to him in real life. His constant obsession for perfection in every aspect of his life, and his ambition to push himself and the Emperor's Children as hard as possible in any conflict I think makes him one of the best Primarchs of the Crusade. Also, his fall from the Laer daemon was so well written you can't help but feel sorry for him, espicially after his fight with Ferrus Manus.

For some reason, although the novel was an enjoyable read with some of my favourite HH-era Astartes in, I found the Fulgrim character a bit blandly written!

I am a big fan of russ he is just a monster san is cool because he has wings and he is deadly yet refined i know that likeing lion is a sin if i am

a son of fenris but hey lion is cool too. if i had to pick one i dont know i would prolly be a space wolf based off of what there are post heresy and after there primarch disappeared in the warp. the dark angels are cool because of there knightlyness if that is even a word lol. i dont know much abot the other primarchs as fare as there personalities but they are all kinda cool

I am a big fan of russ he is just a monster san is cool because he has wings and he is deadly yet refined i know that likeing lion is a sin if i am

a son of fenris but hey lion is cool too. if i had to pick one i dont know i would prolly be a space wolf based off of what there are post heresy and after there primarch disappeared in the warp. the dark angels are cool because of there knightlyness if that is even a word lol. i dont know much abot the other primarchs as fare as there personalities but they are all kinda cool

My Favorite primarch realy has to be Rogal. First reason he is the father of my favorite chapter and second i feel so bad for the guy. Every single thing he does during the Herasy is meet either by betrayal or failure. First his borther Horus. Arguably the most likeable and charismatic of the Primarchs betrays him and his brothers. Then the most of the brothers sent after him betray. Now you and a few of your bros are at home preparing for the inevitable $&it storm about to happen and the three remaining brothers that can help you are on the OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY. So you stay home with your other bros, and you some how, some HOW stave off the attack the would have crushed anyother planet in a heartbeat. Then you hear about your brothers showing up and you are like "finaly something going right." And just like that your Jerk brother lowers his shield and dads all like "lets teleport onboard and finish this.". So you and your other brother go with and and they both are mortaly wounded or killed by him. Yah it realy sucked to be poor Rogal.

Actually, if said brothers hadn't been about to arrive, Horus doesn't lower his shields and all your efforts are for naught. At that point, the fall of the palace seems to have been imminent.

"Do not ask me to approach the battle meekly, to creep through the shadows, or to approach my foes quietly in the dark. I am Rogal Dorn. Imperial Fist. Space marine. Emperor's Champion. Let my enemy's cower at the thunder of my advance and tremble at the sight of me."

-Rogal Dorn

Thats exactly why i like him.

• 1 month later...

Dorn.... after his father was killed he did what every good home grown boy does.... throws responsability to the wind and kicks &$$

To me this beings him down from the whole 'demi-god' realm and back to humanity... I know were not supposed to be able to relate to Space Marines, let alone Primarchs... but what can I say... its human nature to relate.

Vulkan. Never got bogged down in politics. Acquitted himself well at the Istvaan fiasco. Inspired a unique approach to combat and warfare amongst his sons. As a craftsman, had a great understanding of destruction and creation. Wore stunning green armor. Fought dragons(!!!!!!!) AND made clothes out of them(even more !!!!!!!'s). Practiced the fine art of facial annihilation with hammers on Eldar punks. Told Guilliman to stuff it. Wailed on electric guitar.

Vulkan. (...) Told Guilliman to stuff it.

Vulkan: "I agree with Dorn and Russ. I don't wanna divide my Legion of 800 men into multiple Chapters of 1000!"

Guilliman: "... I see... In that case I will generously allow you to keep your Legion intact, Vulkan."

Precisely. Though the spirit of the refusal, not the numbers, was my motive for liking that. Further, those numbers are just educated supposition. As far as I know, and I'd happily admit my error if it could be demonstrated, no official numbers have been given for the strength of the Salamanders at the time of the implementation of the Codex Astartes.

As far as I know, and I'd happily admit my error if it could be demonstrated, no official numbers have been given for the strength of the Salamanders at the time of the implementation of the Codex Astartes.

Oh, you are not wrong. There have not been any official "numbers" been given. I don't think there were numbers given for any of the loyalist Legions shortly after the heresy. It has been officially documented that the Salamanders emerged after the scouring as a "Chapter" like everyone else, though.

Vulkan. Never got bogged down in politics. Acquitted himself well at the Istvaan fiasco. Inspired a unique approach to combat and warfare amongst his sons. As a craftsman, had a great understanding of destruction and creation. Wore stunning green armor. Fought dragons(!!!!!!!) AND made clothes out of them(even more !!!!!!!'s). Practiced the fine art of facial annihilation with hammers on Eldar punks. Told Guilliman to stuff it. Wailed on electric guitar.

I heard Vulkan was a rock god on the guitar...

WLK

Archived