DIY Swapping Project 09

I'll add you in DB.

Now a question(s) for everyone: what would be a realistic deadline for everyone to finish by? As an incentive to complete a model do you think there should be a penitence for failing? (I.e a banner for a member's sig or something?)

EDIT: Stupid mistake? What stupid mistake? :D

Now a question(s) for everyone: what would be a realistic deadline for everyone to finish by? As an intensive to complete a model do you think there should be a penitence for failing? (I.e a banner for a member's sig or something?)

Think you meant incentive there Ferrus. :D

Realistic Deadline? I would say the end of Feb.

And yes, there should be a FAILED banner.

Now a question(s) for everyone: what would be a realistic deadline for everyone to finish by? As an intensive to complete a model do you think there should be a penitence for failing? (I.e a banner for a member's sig or something?)

Think you meant incentive there Ferrus. :lol:

Realistic Deadline? I would say the end of Feb.

And yes, there should be a FAILED banner.

I second the above

Yeah...end of february sounds like a good deadline. Actually, it's almost too far away, but slow painting guys like myself might need it. It should also work for those of you whom have been a little unsure wheter you'd make it or not, now you have no excuse not to sign up! ;) The more the merrier, so i really hope lots more of you members of this exelent forum will get in on the fun.

I've already begun looking trough my bits to find something i'd like to work on. :lol:

can i make a request for any chapter that doesn't include purple in noticeable amounts? [1.] I don't like purple [2.] As a result of 1 i don't own any purple paints :) Purple just looks bad on just about anything for my tastes... some people feel the same way about my obsession with brown :cuss

Well, even though only three people have commented, end of February seems like a good deadline, and a banner does sound good...

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Seriously? We are talking one guy right? One month to put together, one month to paint? Be ready to present by the first week in January. If you let it drag out forever, then there's no reason to have a deadline.

Realistically, no matter what you set the deadline, there will be those that just can't make it for whatever reason. In the past two events, what it has boiled down to is the "rule of the thirds" (a business concept). 1/3rd completes the challenge, 1/3rd gets part way through, and 1/3rd never gets past first base. You're not making the event better by catering to the last 1/3rd. They are going to drop out no matter what you do

Not trying to be overly harsh, just let you know what has happened in the past and what will most likely occur in this event.

Not trying to be overly harsh, just let you know what has happened in the past and what will most likely occur in this event.

Not harsh at all. IIRC the rule of thirds came out perfectly last year. I did think that if it drags on too long people will forget about it and you'd get less people finishing as well. Hrmm...

EDIT: Added you to the list Brother Alucard

EDIT2: Silver Phoenix: Do you know which Chapter you will put forward yet?

i think febuary is late for one marine, i have a good idea of what i wanna do (model wise) i just need bits and kits assisstance 2 weeks modeling then about a 3 weeks to paint, im sure others will only need a little bit more aswell

though if bits and kits dont have the stock then a long time it may be, i fear all will pass with flying colours and the

BANNER OF SHAME!!!!! will go unused though.

i also think asking for your chapter is a bit silly, otherwise i would have called shotgun on something long ago, i call for it being random within peoples boundries, e.g. not owning purple paint- you dont get a purple army but you will be given something at random from the armys you can do.

just my 2 pence ;)

just to add, there seems to be a few people 'offering' their chapters for other people to paint, but not wanting to paint something in return. won't that result in some people that paint something not getting to see anyone's interpretation of their own chapter?

e.g if there's 3 people signed up:

Person A offers their chapter, and offers to paint a chapter

Person B offers their chapter, and doesn't offer to paint a chapter

Person C offers their chapter, and offers to paint a chapter

Person A gets person B's chapter

Person B doesn't paint

Person C gets person A's chapter

that means person C, despite putting the effort in, doesn't get the pleasure of seeing someone intrpret their ideas. this is a long winded way of saying, if people aren't interested in painting anything i don't think they should enter. should only enter if you're both offering a chapter to paint and offering to paint a chapter other than you own. otherwise it's not really a 'swap' is it? ;)

just to add, there seems to be a few people 'offering' their chapters for other people to paint, but not wanting to paint something in return. won't that result in some people that paint something not getting to see anyone's interpretation of their own chapter?

e.g if there's 3 people signed up:

Person A offers their chapter, and offers to paint a chapter

Person B offers their chapter, and doesn't offer to paint a chapter

Person C offers their chapter, and offers to paint a chapter

Person A gets person B's chapter

Person B doesn't paint

Person C gets person A's chapter

that means person C, despite putting the effort in, doesn't get the pleasure of seeing someone intrpret their ideas. this is a long winded way of saying, if people aren't interested in painting anything i don't think they should enter.

yeah i agree, its a swap not a give away

it removes the fun of seeing another interpretation of your chapter

I'll have to think about this one and see if I have any power armour models that I don't want to use for my army! The only thing a bit concerning to me is most people seem to just be posting links to the SM painter, are people just making up random things to be painted or do most people actually have painted (at least partially) armies for their chapters?

i also think asking for your chapter is a bit silly, otherwise i would have called shotgun on something long ago, i call for it being random within peoples boundries, e.g. not owning purple paint- you dont get a purple army but you will be given something at random from the armys you can do.

just my 2 pence ;)

I agree. I think that Ferrus Manus should just put names in a hat and pick at random(or something similar). I understand that some people would not want to do a certain color but if you want to do a specific one then I think you should be able to PM the owner and ask to do that in addition to the one randomly assigned.

And it is a swap, so I think that Shiodome is correct.

EDIT: Ferrus Manus, if it does not work out, I am willing to take on 2 chapters. (for the Greater Good)

Ok, everyone whose name is on the list on the Front Page will get their Chapter given to another member. As it stands I need info from Silver Pheonix, Terminatorinhell and a PM from Bigger-than-Jesus.

For now, because we have enough people I will allow requests to stand, However, this is no definite. The only definite is when I post up the list after the sign up deadline. Which, I've decided to bring forward to next Friday (6th Nov). Therefore the List will be up by the 8th.

Yeah I have a Chapter I'm putting forward, just working on the exact details. Will have something up in the very near future. Colour scheme is pretty much decided but I want to get up some decent fluff for the Chapter as well so that whatever unlucky sod gets them will be better able to model the Chapters charecter properly.

Archived