DIY Swapping Project 09

Ferrus, I am also willing to do 2 chapters, one being someone putting forth their DiY but unable to invest the time to do one in return. I do this so they can get a chance to see another version of their own chapter (and it helps I play Deathwatch... so I can work them all into my army :( ).

And I agree that having an overly extended deadline is frankly... silly. Its one mini, and we're not asking for Golden Daemon quality here. I've already got the fluff in mind for the one I want to put together and had to fight the urge not to actually start at it this weekend... ok, thats a lie... I already made a mold for the Apoc Lords chapter symbol for the shoulder.... :) But maybe i'm just an overachiever :)

Ferrus, I am also willing to do 2 chapters, one being someone putting forth their DiY but unable to invest the time to do one in return. I do this so they can get a chance to see another version of their own chapter (and it helps I play Deathwatch... so I can work them all into my army :( ).

Thanks for the offer, but at the moment we're ok. However, if you want to do two (I am) then you can take any of Cambrius' or I have a few, plus any extras (outside of those people have put for forward for the Project) if you like?

Actually, nah. I'll stick with one. I just remembered what I had in mind for the next Call of the Imperium and thats going to be time consuming enough :)

when is the next call, just wanna know see how is links in with this project, i would like to participate as i havent before but if they are similar times ill leave the call for another time

when is the next call, just wanna know see how is links in with this project, i would like to participate as i havent before but if they are similar times ill leave the call for another time

I'd PM one of the PC&A mods, specifically Angelus Sanctus. He usually knows about these things.

Does anyone have any objections to a non-participant such as myself painting a member of their DIY chapter?

You could paint up on of Cedric's Green Dragons, here if you like? He offered them, but was unable to paint a miniature, hence I can't really include him in the Project.

Awesome. I'm keen to give that a go! ;) Should look pretty funky done right too!

I think for once I'll submit for this. I just feel sorry for whomever's DIY I end up doing (I'm not a very good painter).

Name: Falcon Knights

Colourscheme:

gallery_20677_1567_34324.jpg

Chest Eagle and Chapter Badge are meant to be gold.

The purple is proper Liche Purple.

http://www.reservoir-jeux.com/ressources/items/references/fiche_technique_divers_id24/image_small2.jpg

(ie not the fake Liche Purple).

Badge:

gallery_20677_1567_22171.jpg

Info: HERE

I'd love to join, offering up my dear Blackfeather Raiders. That will, of course, require me writing up an IA by Friday - but I have faith in me!

I guess consider me tentative until I come back and can post a link to the Blackfeather Raiders, or can come up with enough to post (along with an image) in this thread.

I may as well jump in while I can

Username: Dave the Twisted

Chapter Name: Knights of Ultramar

Paint Scheme: Right Half Black and Left Half Blue, Right half of helmet Silver, Left half Blue or half White for veterans

Veteran (B&C Painter with modifications)

Lousy photo of actual model (No emblem)

Always have white belts

Emblem: Ultramarine "U" with a Red skull at its center. Backing is quartered Black and Blue (Pictured on the Veteran)

The Blackfeather Raiders

A Chapter of the Thirteenth Founding, the Blackfeather Raiders are experts at guerilla warfare, particularly in urban environments. The Raiders are highly individualistic and unorthodox, and share a sense of humour that sometimes borders on irreverent, even bawdy. Their overall color is a stormy blue-grey, but the Marines of the Chapter invariably paint on markings and slogans they consider amusing, intimidating, or inspiring. This not infrequently involves completely repainting some armour components - forearms and knees are a favorite. Their squad markings vary widely in color, but are usually uniform within a squad. No two suits of armour in the Blackfeather armoury look alike, often festooned with black feathers, purity seals, slogans and poems.

Their Chapter badge is the silhouette of a crow in flight in black, found on the left pauldron of the armour. This icon rarely appears on their banners, however, replaced with elaborate crests, usually featuring crows and cutlasses.

This image is intended to be a (very understated) sample:

gallery_43629_4035_46378.jpeg

Okay so I'm still wokring on an IA but as today is the deadline I suppose I better give the run down of the Chapter I'm submitting. The poor sucker whon draws these guys can contact me regarding the details but I'll give the best run down I can here:

The Phoenix Legion (Renamed from the Lunar Dragons in M41)

spacemarine.jpg

Note the arm is pale white, the tim of that shoulder is silver, the aquilla is gold. Marines bear their Chapter symbol (Flame EAgle Eagle with an Ankh sillouetted on the chest) on their right shoulder pad in place of the Squad markings, and bear their House (Company) Heraldry on their left shoulder pad, like Space Wolves. Squad designation is worn on a marines left knee pad. Marines often wear specific symbols painted onto their right (white) arm to symbolise certain traits the marine posseses. Marines are equipped as per the Space Wolve Codex so terminator squad leaders etc. as Princes (Saergents) are regarded as the noble sons of the House Leader aka High Prince (Company Commander)

The Chapter itself, shortly after its training, was stuck in a Warp Storm and took shelter on a primitive planet. Helping clear the planet of demons that came with the storm the Chapter recruited a large number of the planets population. The Warp Storm was later revealed to have mutated the marines so they suffer genetic memories. These visions are sometimes so vivid they become like the Black Rage, driving marines insane. The Chapter, after receiving aid from the planet where they were stuck in the storm, decided to use that planet as their homeworld and the Chapter went through a massive restructure to take on the role the planets people saw them as, the eternal warriors whom ferry the sould of the dead to be judged for re-incarnation as well as the planets protectors. This beleif, as well as the planets system of the great noble houses has adopted by the Chapter over time. The Chapter is currently ruled by a council of High Princes until the Chapter Master, aka the Phoenix King, is reincarnated.

The Heraldry of the Eight Great Houses:

1st - Silver/White with Phoenix - The House of the Phoenix King.

2nd - Black with Wolf head - Most loyal and honoured House, although have suffered heavy losses during Inter-Chapter War.

3rd - Gold/Yellow with Eagle - Young and eager to prove much of the 3rd House has trained in the use of jump packs

4th - Light Blue with Dolphin - Experts in Ship to Ship Combat and boarding actions

5th - Brown with Stag - Down to earth and practical, much of ther House destroyed during Inter Chapter War. Use a lot of stealth due to guerilla tactics needed to be employed during War.

6th - Red with Dragon - the experts of seige within the Chapter, have a higher then usual number of Devestators

7th - Bone with Serpent - Have to provethemselves after being instigators of Inter Chapter War. Recent Change of House High Prince

8th - Green with Bear - Stalwart House. Good at defense. Suffering after most of House Leadership assasinated during Inter Chapter War,

Honour Symbols for marines and meanings:

Dragon - Nobility

Vine - Tenacity

Chain - Sworn an Oath (Broken = Broken Oath/Dishonour)

Snake - Wisdom (A symbol not often used following the Inter Chapter War)

Ankh - New Life/Particularly adept at controlling the genetic memories.

Trident - Skilled at ship to ship combat

Spider - Sound Tactician

Sword - Noble in Combat/honourable

Crow - Reliable in combat/watchful of allies

Angel - Glorious achievement in battle

Fire - Fierce in Combat

Banner/Flag - Signifies particular deed of valour, often carries the particular battles name.

So, hit me up if you get these guys and need help with anything,

Archived