DIY Swapping Project 09

How I have them, they have an average amount of seals, but something like a book or scrolls would also be appropriate. I see them as bare bones puritan types, where icons aren't meant to be worshiped as the Emperor is. It's more inner than outer signs of devotion. If you need any more specifics, just ask and I'll see what I can come up with.

Khrangar

Dark Brotherhood, eh? Well Because there purple like my guys I'm going to take a different appraoch with these fellows. Just read through their fluff and it sounds interesting. Might get started on it soon.

Oh and Little Brother, PM me if you need details on the Phoenix Legion. Ill post a link to their in progress IA soon too, to give you a good feel for the Chapter.

Brother Cambrius, what are the specific colors of the Sons of Doom?

Necron Abyss basecoat for blue regions

Chaos black base for bronze reigons

Regal blue for blue area

Tin Bitz for bronze areas

Appropriate highlights after.

Symbol is a bestial brown for wooden parts

Mithril Silver for blades of scythes

Shining Gold for skull

Hope that helps.

Cambrius

Good luck and have fun everyone! :P

silver phoenix, PM me if you have any questions about the Dark Brotherhood!

@Desert Eagle: Thanks! I'm really looking forward to painting one of these guys up! Would you mind if this guy is also my Golden Bolter single model entry?

Of course i don't mind at all. I'd be nothing but honoured, so feel absolutely free about that. Fact is, if the mini gets to a decent standard i intend to the same with my swap-mini from the artic lions for that contest as well.

Cheers mate!

Just commented on the WIP thread for this, so I won't say it all again, but it was a big suprise when I logged on for the first time in a long while, and found my original DIY swapping project is making an appearance every year. Makes me feel like I've made a contribution to the site/community after the failure of my painting and modelling exploits that never got finished..........and writing projects that never got finished........one day they will be, one day.......

Brother Alucard, what can you tell me about the Eagles of the Emperor?

They are awesome!!!

Raven Guard successor, still completing the Fluff,but a large amount of the chapter has just returned from a campaign in Eye of Terror and surrounding planets, have been declered un-tainted. Am imagining lots of purity seals.

can't wait to see what you make KHK

I've been quite busy lately, between work, wife and adding to my Deathwatch to use the Space Wolves rules. But since I don't see another thread for completed stuff, and frankly I don't want to start a thread just for myself.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/313/7/3/DiY_WiP_by_Rindaris.jpg

Arthun sat behind the barricade, next to one of his brothers. Brother no more though truly, for whatever was on the other side had taken his head off with one clean shot of high-powered plasma. His body lay slumped against the barricade, the wound cauterized instantly, small puffs of blue smoke drifting upwards carrying the smell of burnt flesh with it.

The rest of his squad had fared no better.

The local governor had called for assistance. Local guard were being picked off by unknown assailants. What was left of the native force no longer had the nerve to take arms against their unseen foe. Calling for the aid of the Astartes was the only option. Their arrival had spurred the local militant's fighting spirit, but the task of handling the aggressor was handed squarely to the Astartes. With the local guard weakened some darker elements of humanity took advantage and order had to be restored, this task was given to the guard.

Clutching his meltagun he sat silently waiting for another noise, anything. If not the aggressor then perhaps something that would distract it long enough for him to take a shot or perhaps even escape and report, requesting backup. Nothing. The entire world could have been dead for all the noise that filled that empty building. His foe was nothing if not patient.

One by one they had been picked off. Sometimes they caught a glimpse of something and other times death came on unseen winds. At first they thought it was a small invasion force, but it seemed to just be one or two, three at best. But they were very good.

I'm going to die, he thought. This is no way to die. There would be no honor in this sort of death.

No, I'm not going to die hiding.

He reached over and took the boltgun from his fallen brother. Next taking a fresh clip and exchanging it with the mostly spent one the weapon now held. His own weapon was low on its charge, but there was nothing he could do about that now. Holding the bolter in his left hand and the meltagun in his right he steeled himself for one last, desperate, attack.

As talented as Astartes are, these weapons were made to be used by both hands of a marine. To wield one in one hand would reduce its accuracy to much, but to do so with both was foolishness. But in truth he didn't expect to hit anything. Hard to hit what you can't see anyways. But if he could cause his foe to take cover perhaps he would have time to reach the lift and escape.

Rising from the cover of the barricade the bolter was the first he began to fire. The rounds escaping from the holy weapon and ripping through the air. Where they would strike they tore asunder. Walls and support beams alike ruptured from the force of the bolter rounds.

There. Something moved.

He didn't have time to aim, only fire. He raised the meltagun and let loose its fury. He knew he had missed before he even saw the resulting fire rip through a wall and the area around the penetration begin to melt. He couldn't have heard though, over the side of the weapons fire, the devastation to the building and his own determination that the lift had reached this level and was opening.

'Brother, down,' he heard an unknown voice invade his vox channel. His brothers were all dead, no one should be on this channel. That momentary distraction was all his foe needed. The movement stopped and a bright blue light was conjured in the air. It rippled through the air towards him, giving him little time to react. The blast torn off his left arm. A merciful shot compared to those his brothers had been felled by.

He let himself fall back down behind the protection of the barricade. But just as he was about to request identification he released he didn't need to ask.

He saw them. Standing at point was a massive black suit of terminator armour. The moment he was behind the barricade was more it began to fire its assault cannon. The red lenses scanning as he fired, looking for the unseen. From behind the terminator fanned out a squad of Astartes and he finally caught sight of their identifying shoulders. Deathwatch.

There were four to either side of the terminator, each began supporting fire to the heavier weapon. The lift and stairs behind them were the only way off this floor, unless one sought to breach the outer walls, which would be difficult even for plasma weaponry.

The one of the far right stopped firing and approached him, kneeling down to him.

'Can you continue,' the newcomer asked.

'I can.'

'Good, take your weapon and join us.'

And he did just that. As he stood he found his vox network highjacked and adjusted, realizing they were syncing his gear with their own.

He could see it. It was trying to hide behind a pillar. The terminator was laying down cover fire to prevent it from moving. Others in the squad were circling around to finish the job. As they came into position they saw it fiddling with something on the ground. It looked towards him and laughed. His own meltagun fired before he even realized he pulled the trigger. As did the weapons of the newcomers. The creature wore armor that looked like it had withstood alot of fire, but no armor is protection from this.

The sheer amount of fire caught it suspended for a moment, but it was quickly tore to bone and gore and littered the ground creating a carrion feast.

The one that had spoke to Arthun looked towards the ground, and his own eyes followed. Some manner of alien device remained, the writing on it unlike anything he had ever seen. But the newcomers did not seem ignorant and quickly began pulling back.

'The lift would take to long. Open the way,' the newcomer ordered.

Two of the others also wielded meltaguns and began to fire upon the outer wall. His weapon expending its last bit of charge joined theirs and soon a sizable hole was made. One by one they quickly jumped out, five stories, to the ground. The terminator the last, those on the ground quickly making room for its impact. As its massive form soared from the building as explosion tore at the interior and sought any escape from the outer wall. Fire and debris soared from the opening and tore into a building across the way.

A rhino cruised up to them, crushing under its treads rubble from the blast. The back hatch opened and slammed into the ground, leaving an impression crushed into the road.

'Come with me,' the newcomer said, motioning for Arthun. He led them both to the back of the rhino and within. Waiting was an Astartes in armor contrast to the others, pure white, though he too bore the Deathwatch insignia. An apothecary. Understanding the newcomers intent Arthun walked up to the apothecary and sat before him, and the medical marine began his work treating... no, preparing, where his arm used to be.

The newcomer remained, watching over the apothecary and Arthun. He sat aside his weapons and pulled off his helmet. An unscarred face, silver hair and piercing black eyes. He looked young, but something about him said otherwise.

'I must say I'm impressed. I didn't expect any of your squad to survive,' Arthun was about to respond, but the apothecary jabbed him with... something. 'Please don't move,' the marine in white demanded.

'My name is Wayland, I serve Severus Gilayd and his wing. We have been tasked with eliminating a xenos threat, one you are now familiar with.'

'What was,' Arthun began to ask, but the apothecary gave him a stern look so he just closed his eyes and listened, remaining perfectly still while the medical trained did his work.

Arthun heard another Astartes approach. 'Report to the governor that the immediate threat has been exterminated. There might be more however so we'll stick around and search the surrounding area. Also please send a communication to the chapter vessel in orbit and report that we found no survivors of their unit. Some geneseed might be recoverable in the rubble, but make no promises.'

Arthun's eyes open and he pushed away the apothecary, 'No survivors?!' he screamed towards Wayland.

Wayland unsheathed his plasma pistol and had it aimed at Arthun's head fast enough to make the wind jealous. Perhaps his injury slowed him down, or had the apothecary done something to him.

'I have an offer to make you. You are unlike your fallen brothers, you survived when they could not,' Wayland said.

Snarling, Arthun looked around for his weapon. It sat on the bench, charges completely expended. He could reach for his holstered pistol but he'd never get it in time. 'Do not speak ill of my brothers.'

'You mistake me, I do not. They were very brave for fighting a foe they knew not. Foolish, but brave.'

'Sit please, I am not done here,' the apothecary spoke.

Seeing no choice and wishing answers he sat, and the apothecary resumed his work.

'Look within. They were your brothers but you never truly felt like one of them, did you?'

He had trained with his fellow Lords, had went through the change with others. But there was always something just a little different. He never understood it, and just assumed it was part of the process of the change. Wayland must have seen that realization in his eyes, for he smiled at that instant.

'My offer is to join us. Take your place and avenge your brothers.'

'And if I refuse,' Arthun asked.

'None must know about this threat. The Imperium is already on the ledge of life and death. To give it another threat is to strip what little hope is left. But you won't refuse, you've already decided.'

Wayland sheathed his pistol and grabbed his other armaments. 'Take him back to the Starbreaker and make him whole again. Perhaps if its done quick enough he can rejoin us,' he said to the apothecary.

'I still have questions,' Arthun said. Wayland began to walk down the ramp of the rhino and turned back to him, 'When next we speak you may ask anything.'

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/314/e/0/DiY_Complete____maybe_by_Rindaris.jpg

Might retouch the mini a bit, pictures always seem to reveal a few things that could be done better.

I was really quite excited about this. Already needing to adjust my army to use the SW codex making a unique leader for one of my Long Fang squads was quite enjoyable. And I've always been a fan of the Apocalypse Lords, so as soon as i saw confirmation that they were indeed mine to do I wasted no time in working on them. Sunday i had little to do so I made it my focus to work on this mini, and a wulfen, and thats it really. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I hope Honda is as well.

im interested to see what some people come up with for this.

@brother alucard:

"Our mission is t' punish any heretic who would deny the word of God! We will crush yer unholy body and salt th' earth w' yer dust! Amen!" - guess who!

I'm just hoping everyone who signed up is on task with this. Allot of them haven't posted anything at all in here or the WIP since the list went up. <_<

Why should I post when there is nothing to show?

I just put some old Marines in a batch of Simple Green so I get an unpainted loyalist figure to start from.

Is that news enough to post it? No.

Look what you made me do :P

I'm just hoping everyone who signed up is on task with this. Allot of them haven't posted anything at all in here or the WIP since the list went up. <_<

Why should I post when there is nothing to show?

I meant to confirm that they've seen who's Chapter they are supposed to be doing and that they haven't just submitted their own and buggered off...

Since I'm one of those who hasn't popped up on the radar just yet, let me just post to reassure that I am still participating. Work has just been really hectic the last few weeks - we're preparing to open a third learning center, so I've been absolutely swamped with that. Hopefully I'll be able to really sink my teeth into the project this weekend, and finish up at least the modelling over the Thanksgiving break.

I'll be building a truescaled Terminator Captain from Reyner's Ghost Dragons. Thinking of arming him with a power sword and combi-plasma.

Greetings brothers,

little brother's Emperor's Hunters are an interesting chapter and, according to his fluff, he has no Captain of the 8th Company... Something I am about to correct...

My idea is that the gummy lil' bastard should be game-legal and the finished model will be presented to the 'true owner' at the completion of the task...

I plan for the captain to have:

Jump Pack

Power Weapon

Boltgun

Hellfire Rounds

Aux. Grenade Launcher

Digital Weapons

Melta Bombs

Bringing the total points to 180 - 15 cheaper than my other choice: Shrike

I may model and paint a test model at some point and present that to little brother at completion, or keep it for future reference...

Thanks for taking the time and patience to read this -_-

Arenis

I'll be building a truescaled Terminator Captain from Reyner's Ghost Dragons. Thinking of arming him with a power sword and combi-plasma.

:lol:

I thought I sent a PM to bjorn last week but must have been dreaming or something, I'll start nagging him tomorrow -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Archived