Interested in a conversion challenge?

great way to wake up: get spamed by hate-mail :P

so because you whiners don't want a to challenging Challenge, i have softend up the limitations

Limitation 1:

The final conversion must be able to legally represent the required character. This means you must adhere to the concept of “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get). this refers to weapons, armor, and most equipment (ie.: that you don't give him grenades, i can understand. but if he had a Iron Hallo, than i want to SEE an Iron Hallo.) also: all named/special equipment must be present, Including a named grenade!

Limitation 2:

The conversion must be appropriate for this forum (Remember, we are on BolterandChainsword.com after all)

Limitation 3:

All submissions should be based on game appropriate bases, in this particular case either a 25mm base or a 40mm base. Try to avoid putting the conversion on bases larger then 40mm.

Limitation 4:

NO PARTS/BITS OF THE ORIGINAL MODEL, NO EXEMPTIONS! further, only 25% of the model may be in metal, (so a torso OR the legs OR the head and the holstered sword ... etc.)

the rest of the model may exist out of any material your hart desires: plastic, greenstuf, plasticard, resin, even modeling wood for all I care

Those are the only limitations.

happy? now stop whining and get to work

also: a :thanks: to KhorneHunter57x for stopping the spaming on the Challenge topic

If Wings wants to change this he is more then welcome to since he is running the CC this time around.

actually, no he isn't :D

Welcome to my World Wings. Anyone remember the first challenge and the complaints I got about picking the Chronus Torso?

So is there a list somewhere or does anyone have any ideas for the various character models that have not been updated since forever.

Obviously Ragnar Blackmane as was mentioned by Maverike_Prime is one and I already mentioned Captain Cortez of the Crimson Fists. A third that I thought of is Chaplain Xavier of the Salamanders and I would guess another could be if one were unhappy with the current version of Marneus Calgar in Terminator Armor and wanted to see him in Power Armor that could be a choice as I thought there was an old Power Armor version of Calgar.

Any other characters that people can think of that used to be models or are models that have not been updated in forever, or at least not since 3rd Edition? Problem I am having is trying to remember which models were done when. Obviously any of the aforementioned would be perfectly good choices, just trying to recall if there are others that might be interesting to do.

nice going lord gunthar! way to raise the bar!

So is there a list somewhere or does anyone have any ideas for the various character models that have not been updated since forever.

lets see:

-Abaddon

-Khârn

-lord on Juggernaut (that thing is older than i am)

-Cypher

-Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain Asmodai

-Ragnar

-Wolf Priest Ulrik

-Xavier

that's from the top of my head, but i'm sure there are a few more

and Prime: i'ts War, not Wings

SLAG! I was going to enter but now my ability to complete my conversion in time has been put into serious question. I'm still going to give it a serious try though. You can't keep this rhino down. I do have to admit it'd be funny as hell to have a banner that reads "Winner of Maverike Prime's 4th Conversion challenge: Maverike Prime" and still be able to honestly say "Hey I wasn't running it! I can enter!"

You still have over 3 weeks and I want some competition, saying I just lost to this AMAZING entry sounds so much better than I won but there was only me entering.

Oh I'm not saying I'm dropping out of the running. Just verbalizing at how annoyed I am that my plans have changed so radically so quickly. See I was going to buy the kits I needed for the conversion, but my car needed new tires. Okay so I can't buy the stuff this week. But I'm basically busy all of next week and then the week after that I've got mid-terms and an inventory at work. So that weeks basically shot. Don't worry Gunthar, I'm getting something in. It may not be my first choice, but I will get something in.

You still have over 3 weeks and I want some competition, saying I just lost to this AMAZING entry sounds so much better than I won but there was only me entering.

Sorry, you won? Did I miss something? I don't think you've seen my entry yet! ;)

Sorry wings, what I meant by that was that I wanted more people to enter so I didn't win without any competion.

Sorry for any misunderstanding caused

Sorry, you won? Did I miss something? I don't think you've seen my entry yet! :rolleyes:

Sorry wings, what I meant by that was that I wanted more people to enter so I didn't win without any competion.

Well just so you won't win by default I entered something just to have at least 2 entries. Did not buy any new models to do the conversion and it is nothing amazing, just cobbled together what I had on hand in the course of the evening. Love the look of your Abbadon, even if he is a traitorous, cowardly, chaos scumsucker.

No misundestanding, I was just kidding you, I'm really impressed by your effort man, it's really inspired me to raise the bar of my entry.

Love the look of your Abbadon, even if he is a traitorous, cowardly, chaos scumsucker.

Seconded! ^_^

Okay sorry about that WarInHeaven apparently I didn't read the text carefully enough ;) However, as I said in the other thread where I wasn't supposed to say this, "In this challenge, the guide lines are to represent a particular character" that is a quote from the rules. I would be representing Kaleb Daark and I would be updating him, from fantasy to 40k. I am merely stating my arguments for why he should be allowed, please take them into consideration.

Okay sorry about that WarInHeaven apparently I didn't read the text carefully enough ;) However, as I said in the other thread where I wasn't supposed to say this, "In this challenge, the guide lines are to represent a particular character" that is a quote from the rules. I would be representing Kaleb Daark and I would be updating him, from fantasy to 40k. I am merely stating my arguments for why he should be allowed, please take them into consideration.

I have no problems with this whatsoever... Its an update of an old model in keeping with the themes of this forum.

personal, I have nothing against you doing that, but it's not the task of this challenge.

also, i'm pretty sure the MODs won't consider a Dark Elf as B&C-allowed.

agreed, turning a Fantasie character in a Power Armored counterpart would be an interesting challenge. and considerable for next month. (that is IF somebody wants to host it, because i certainly won't)

personal, I have nothing against you doing that, but it's not the task of this challenge.

agreed, turning a Fantasie character in a Power Armored counterpart would be an interesting challenge. and considerable for next month. (that is IF somebody wants to host it, because i certainly won't)

coward ;)

I will accept your final decision. BUT Kaleb Daark, follower of Malal (Chaos Warrior, not Dark Elf) has been re-introduced (one can argue) as Chapter Master Ba'kel Draak of the Sons of Malice. Thus the only model we have of Ba'kel Draak/Kaleb Daark is the old fantasy one, and I would be updating this model to his current form of the Chapter Master of the Sons of Malice. Whaddya think? Any chance of me being allowed to enter him? Anyone with me here?

coward ;)

kettle, meet pot

Hey I didn't say I wasn't going to host anymore challenges just that out of 168 hour week, I'm busy about 132 hours a week right now! And even with that work load I'm still trying to complete and entry for your... I mean mine... erm... the challenge? ::shrugs::

Archived