Interested in a conversion challenge?

Quick question: I'm using the "draigowing" for my army. The Palladin squads don't have "sergeants" per se; Do they count as Veterans, or should I start converting up something else?

My Grey Knight Codex has taken a leave of absence it seems. Don't the paladin's have some form of Squad leader?

Quick question: I'm using the "draigowing" for my army. The Palladin squads don't have "sergeants" per se; Do they count as Veterans, or should I start converting up something else?

I'll make an exception for this particular question in the interest of time and consider the Paladins to be like Veteran Marines. So go for it, Abraxus.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Maverike_prime, quick question - are we allowed non-GW parts on these entries? Only there are some parts I need to use from companies such as Crocodile Games in order to add the correct 'flavour' of the chapter my Chappy comes from. The base model is GW, though.

This okay?

Maverike_prime, quick question - are we allowed non-GW parts on these entries? Only there are some parts I need to use from companies such as Crocodile Games in order to add the correct 'flavour' of the chapter my Chappy comes from. The base model is GW, though.

This okay?

That's fine Paladin. Non-GW parts are fine.

Stupid question I'm sure; but is the prize of winning simply bragging rights, or is there some kind of prize for winning the challenge?

Well that and a little banner you can put in your signature. But yes, no other prize beyond the bragging rights and sig banner.

Stupid question I'm sure; but is the prize of winning simply bragging rights, or is there some kind of prize for winning the challenge?

Well that and a little banner you can put in your signature. But yes, no other prize beyond the bragging rights and sig banner.

That's legit- just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something

Alright Maverike_Prime, another question for you: You wanted the 4 main pictures for final submissions- but are we allowed to link to a WIP thread when we submit that features pictures of some of the smaller, more WIP pictures? The reason I ask is because some of the conversion work on the model I am submitting may be obscured by the weapon held across the chest.

Alright Maverike_Prime, another question for you: You wanted the 4 main pictures for final submissions- but are we allowed to link to a WIP thread when we submit that features pictures of some of the smaller, more WIP pictures? The reason I ask is because some of the conversion work on the model I am submitting may be obscured by the weapon held across the chest.

Linking to a WIP thread is fine. I just want to avoid having 20 pics submitted to the challenge thread itself.

Quick question: is the two page maximum an absolute?

I got carried away and my story is tree pages long. I could end it there but I originally intended to add at least one more seen.

truthfully there is no hard and fast "absolute". 3 pages is pushing it a bit, but I'm not going to say it's a dis-qualifier. Just remember I have to read all the entries for judging. So 2 pages time 10 entries is 20 pages to read.

• 3 weeks later...
I've actually built 2 models: 1 power armored version & 1 TDA version. Both are the same character. Can I / should I enter both? If I do, would each require it's own story?

That'd kind of uneven the playing field don't you think? You'd have a model advantage over the rest of the competitors. I'd say go for the model that best fits the character, and let the conversion and the backstory speak for themselves (and maybe link to the other in a WIP thread). :)

It wasn't my intent to gain an unfair advantage. I was indecisive as to which way to go with the model so I built them in parallel. It was a fun way to work out ideas as I went and helped to avoid model burnout.

I've actually built 2 models: 1 power armored version & 1 TDA version. Both are the same character. Can I / should I enter both? If I do, would each require it's own story?

each contestant may make a single entry comprising 1 piece of fluff and 1 model.

each contestant may make a single entry comprising 1 piece of fluff and 1 model.

Fair enough. Thanks for that. I'll focus on finishing one model then. Eases my workload just a bit. ;)

Archived