Interested in a conversion challenge?

here' ya go Wings. It should fit right up against the loser's banner you got from the first challenge.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/2nd_cc.jpg

Just remember to link it back this thread so the word can get around about the challenges a bit.

And with that matter taken care I want suggestions for the next required bit.

We already have the following:

• Terminator Captain Body
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/terminator_captian.jpg
  • Terminator Librarian Body
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/tarminator_libby.jpg

There is also the suggestion of the large storm shield from assault Termie kit. I'm not inclinded to recommend that one, but I'll put it up for a vote. $50 kit for the bit? Yes or no.

There have also been some suggestions for a themed challenge that include:

1) A particular scene such as "Hero/Conqueror Triumphant" or "Last stand"

I am disinclined to do a challenge with such a general concept mostly because it will make judging neigh impossible.

2) Another suggestion was an all plastic conversion of a metal figure.

Not a bad idea. Anyone have any thoughts they'd like to put in on this one?

As a bit of a modification of the #2 idea, is you have to build a model that would represent character X, but be for a different army. For example, you build a Wolf Lord that would use the same stats and rules as Ragnar Blackmane, but isn't Ragnar.

Anyone have any thoughts on that idea?

2)

I think using metal minis like that will diminish flexibility for conversions, why not try to convert a plastic version of a character?

mainly for the challenge of it. Converting the plastic kits, which are already pretty much "build as you wish" by design, isn't much of a challenge. It's kinda like saying "Build me a model of a log cabin" and the person uses Lincoln logs to build his model. No matter how large the model is, what was the challenge to the builder? Now if you say "Build me a model of a log cabin and all you can use is sheet wood"... now that's a challenge.

How about this for a challenge guide line:

Take Character X and convert a character that would use his rules for another army.

as an example: Chapter Master Seth of the Flesh Tearers. Disregard the fact that you can only use him in a Blood Angels army and convert Korath the Slaughter for a Chaos Army. You'd be limited in that you have to build the model to count as Seth.

Thoughts on that idea?

Count me in, works well for me as I play Iron Snakes, so need to 'count-as' all the special characters from the marine codex. I still think you should include a required part in the conversion though!

Also massive thanks for the sig banner! :(

I'd go with the Termi Captain, has nothing to do with the fact I've 3 extras laying around. Am not sure but the Libbie might be a harder fig to get a hold of.

As far as the trickster thing, I would have a real challenge as I have never played Chaos.

The metal/plastic concept could be two different contests in one. and yes a specific piece of wargear could be interesting.

This actually made me think of a conversion I have been thinking of doing for a while now. An more up to date conversion for Chapter Master Azrael of the Dark Angels... the old model while awesome in it's time is looking pretty dated and I think he'd be a fantastic challenge to create.

okay, so no required part this time around. We're doing the Convert a character.

So next question: What character do we want? I'll do it the same way as before. I'll compile a list, stick the names up on a dart board and let fly. Which ever one gets pierced gets picked.

So, which character do we want?

that sounds like a very intriguing way to do it...

so if i get this right, if you said Cypher, we would use ANY plastic bits we wanted to represent him?

that sounds like an awesome idea

That is correct. ANY plastic bits you want. The limiting factor is that it would still need to count as Cypher rules wise. So you would need to represent his plasma pistol, and his bolt pistol plus any other special war gear he carries (been a long time since I saw Cypher's rules).

i vote for Abbandon or the Space-Wolf-chapter-master-who's-name-i-forgot

any other temie-clad character would be fine by me actualy, i'm just gone magnestise the arms i want on it :D

That is correct. ANY plastic bits you want. The limiting factor is that it would still need to count as Cypher rules wise. So you would need to represent his plasma pistol, and his bolt pistol plus any other special war gear he carries (been a long time since I saw Cypher's rules).

that is freaking awesome

how bout that space wolf dude who throws his hammer?

or brother captain stern

or cypher

or calgar! (plastic calgar in his artificier armour would rock)

okay, so right now the list includes:

• Space-Wolf-chapter-master-who's-name-i-forgot (I'm reasonably certain you mean Logan Grimnar)
  • that space wolf dude who throws his hammer (I'm not even going to bother to post the characters proper name)
  • Calgar (Should we specify whether he is to be in the Armor of Atolichus or Power armor?)
  • Brother Captain Stern (Should be interesting considering the rumors about him getting a new model)
  • Mephiston (I'm putting him on the list)

I'm not sure about including Cypher because he's not in any of the current codexes. Thoughts?

My vote goes to Tycho (psycho-masked constant fighting Blood Angel guy). And I would say Cypher thumbs up. I found him on GW website and I'm sure we can work out his wargear from the pic.

Cypher

From the looks of him, Plasma Pistol, Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Sword, Normal Grenades. If nothing else we could just agree on a load out.

I would recommend any model who hasn't been updated in the last 10 years or so. Ragnar, Logan, Ulrik, Mephiston, Dante, Azrael, Asmodai. Or with Chaos you could pick from Abaddon, Khârn, or Typhus. Then you narrow down the choices based on your chosen theme.

Personally my vote goes to Ulrik the Slayer with Ragnar in a close second, both are in desperate need of a new model and their current models have been around since the 90s I believe.

Archived