Interested in a conversion challenge?

I want to say it's for thematic purposes as a bearer of the Lion Helm and beyond the effect of the Lion Helm plays no role what so ever in game, but I can't confirm it. Anyone got the Dark Angels codex with them?

Lion Helm: The Lion Helm is carried by the Helmet Bearer, which is represented on the tabletop by a seperate miniature that will always remain as close as possible to Azrael, without getting in the way of other miniatures. The Helmet Bearer takes no part in the game and is ignored or moved out of the way for the purposes of determining lines of sight, charging, etc. If Azrael is killed, the Helmet Bearer is also removed.

The Lion Helm provides Azrael, and all models in any unit he joins, with a 4+ Invulnerable Save.

there you go :)

Arenis

I want to say it's for thematic purposes as a bearer of the Lion Helm and beyond the effect of the Lion Helm plays no role what so ever in game, but I can't confirm it. Anyone got the Dark Angels codex with them?

Lion Helm: The Lion Helm is carried by the Helmet Bearer, which is represented on the tabletop by a seperate miniature that will always remain as close as possible to Azrael, without getting in the way of other miniatures. The Helmet Bearer takes no part in the game and is ignored or moved out of the way for the purposes of determining lines of sight, charging, etc. If Azrael is killed, the Helmet Bearer is also removed.

The Lion Helm provides Azrael, and all models in any unit he joins, with a 4+ Invulnerable Save.

there you go :lol:

Arenis

damn it! Now I have an idea for an Azreal conversion to represent an AdMech Magos with a Force Field generator.

i think they're just afraid...

Afraid of what? I mean yeah War, you're entry is frackingly awesome but that's the idea of a "challenge". To Challenge people. So what's the deal? Is War's entry so awesome that it's taken the wind out of everyone else's sails or something?

Since I'm new round here I'll wait for the next challenge, but I'm keen to join the fun.

If I may also suggest that starting a new thread for each challenge would make it easer for people to give involved without having to wade through 15 pages of mostly irrelevant conversation to find out what they have to do and when they need to have it done by.

Since I'm new round here I'll wait for the next challenge, but I'm keen to join the fun.

If I may also suggest that starting a new thread for each challenge would make it easer for people to give involved without having to wade through 15 pages of mostly irrelevant conversation to find out what they have to do and when they need to have it done by.

I do start a new thread for each challenge:

Challenge 1: Required part - Kronos' Torso

Challenge 2: Required part - Lysander's body

Challenge 3: Character Challenge - Mephiston

This thread is just the general discussion thread. I had edited the first post into a kind of table of contents/synopsis so it'd be easier for new comers to skim over and get the idea but I had a bit of a computer glitch while I was typing it all out so it got eaten by that mythical 5th chaos god. Plus I post the rules and clarifications in each new challenge thread.

Though you do still have till the 13th of September if you want to enter.

yea! a challenger appears! ^_^

I'm happy, i was fearing i was going to win this WingsOfTheFalcon-style :P

Oh no you won't get it that easy, I may not beat you but you will have a challenger for the crown ;)

If it weren't for the fact that I'm judging I'd be entering.

Status Update: The body is now done, working on the arms and the details now...

Quick check list:

Plasma Pistol +++ check +++

2 types of Grenade +++ check +++

Artificer Amour +++ check +++

Force Weapon +++ check +++

Psychic Hood +++ check +++

Did I miss anything?

Quick check list:

Plasma Pistol +++ check +++

2 types of Grenade +++ check +++

Artificer Amour +++ check +++

Force Weapon +++ check +++

Psychic Hood +++ check +++

Did I miss anything?

nope, it's all there

now finish it and get us some pictures. i'm dying of anticipation here!

yea! a challenger appears! :tu:

I'm happy, i was fearing i was going to win this WingsOfTheFalcon-style ;)

Oh no you won't get it that easy, I may not beat you but you will have a challenger for the crown :D

If it weren't for the fact that I'm judging I'd be entering.

You should enter anyway, even if you cannot judge your own entry.

Of course the alternative way to do these contests is get all the entries in then open a public poll to tally votes, that way you can enter and even win.

I'm happy, i was fearing i was going to win this WingsOfTheFalcon-style :)

I'd like to think that even if there had been a challenger, my entry was still worthy of the crown! :P

Don't make me rise to it, there's still a week yet for me to cobble something together! :lol:

I'm happy, i was fearing i was going to win this WingsOfTheFalcon-style ;)

I'd like to think that even if there had been a challenger, my entry was still worthy of the crown! :D

Don't make me rise to it, there's still a week yet for me to cobble something together! :D

I double dog dare you to do it, Wings.

@Darthgus: pretty sweet conversion, love what you did with the wire. when I try that, all i get is a need for a tetanus-shot :tu:

I have had a few goes at getting the lightning effect right (not with this model but with my Chapter Librarian), and I think that the right kind of wire is the key to the whole effect. this is 28 grade? copper wire I found in the shed! Before when I've done this I used a paperclip and the result was very poor. Not enough bend in the wire to get the crackly shape thats needed.

Anyway I'll try and get some better pictures up as soon as I can.

Great efforts by the participants for the latest challenge, really liking your work!

I did dig through my bits box but couldn't find parts which really did justice to the character :huh: hence no entry.

There is always next time :huh:

Archived