Interested in a conversion challenge?

maybe the boy of master of the fleet?

huh?

I think he meant body, and not boy.

Ludovic

Oh. I was having images of Space Marine Pirates with a slave boy or something. I was like "Um... I'm not sure that would be appropriate for this forum.

huh?

Ludovic

Oh. I was having images of Space Marine Pirates with a slave boy or something. I was like "Um... I'm not sure that would be appropriate for this forum.

Get your mind out of the gutter :D! Can I participate?

huh?

Ludovic

Get your mind out of the gutter :)! Can I participate?

Only if you pay the $25 registration fee.

no. Just kidding. Sure. Just keep an eye out. I'll announce the new challenge Sunday morning. All the details will be in it.

I must admit, at first I was like "Armour values?! LAME!" because vehicles aren't really my thang, but I have to say this can indeed turn out to be a quite interesting challenge, though I expect most people will submit some sort of Dreadnought -_-

I do have a question though, how many entries can one person make? I actually have a few ideas I'd like to try out..

I must admit, at first I was like "Armour values?! LAME!" because vehicles aren't really my thang, but I have to say this can indeed turn out to be a quite interesting challenge, though I expect most people will submit some sort of Dreadnought <_<

I do have a question though, how many entries can one person make? I actually have a few ideas I'd like to try out..

If you can get 2 or 3 entries completed and submitted, go for it. Just be aware that once you make a submission I download the images you first post and make the judging based on those. So you can't update it later.

I've had a couple questions come in about this challenge I think they bar clarification"

1. Just in general, the Mechanicum is B&C accepted right? So I could potentially something like that?

Yep, Machine fetishists are fine.

2. With armour value 12 being that of a Dreadnought, would it be acceptable to have something like a Terminator carrying a (couple of) trooper as a meatshield representing this? Although a 5+ save (from the trooper) and a 2+ save (TDA) in the game is not much protection from a lascannon, in a story like a novel or something this could be done. Terminators walk through all kinds of shelling and bombardment that they would never survive in game rules. So basically, what are you taking as basis of justifying a model with an armour value of 12?

3. You are looking at all the stats together right? Like I can't model a Primarch and claim it has those stats (WS 4..)

The easiest way I have to answer these is by asking "Would you feel comfortable playing the model with the stats I listed?" If the answer is 'yes' then chances are very good you're good to go. I may ask for clarification or justifation for how it has the stats, and so long as you can provide that, you're good.

4.The stats you posted are for a dreadnought. Does my model have to be a dread?

No. I've seen mechanized monstrous creatures played using dreadnought stat lines. Maybe you want to kit bash a better idea for the new Dreadknight. Maybe you want to make a Skitarri army that uses light walkers with force fields for better protection. An Ad-mech Magos in a Riply' style mech suit with power fields. A daemon prince of the Iron Warriors. A Manifestation of a Space Marine Chapters' beliefs created by way of a Librarain's powers. A Daemoninc monster that uses a fast firing Lightning bolt attack.

There's a couple ideas right off the top of my head.

For the record, I really like the concept of this challenge, it's really encouraging me to think outside the box! <_<

Good. Lets see if you can get a second banner.

Don't count on it, that banner's mine ;)

Ohh personal rivalry.... nice!

I had another question that should be clarified for everyone.

The question was:

Can we use some parts from other ranges as long as a majority of the bits are from 40k?

So long as the model began life as a Games Workshop model, and it can be identified as such, this is fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived