Interested in a conversion challenge?

okay, so next one I host we'll do required part. Any suggestions for the required part?

May I make a suggestion, gentlemen? What about a combo-required part(s)? Such as twin power fists, or a storm shield/power weapon combo? Most people have these extra parts laying around, and would allow a few more people to enter, plus the modeling possibilities for these could be quite insane and creative.

Edit: Congrats, Goose!

okay, so next one I host we'll do required part. Any suggestions for the required part?

May I make a suggestion, gentlemen? What about a combo-required part(s)? Such as twin power fists, or a storm shield/power weapon combo? Most people have these extra parts laying around, and would allow a few more people to enter, plus the modeling possibilities for these could be quite insane and creative.

Problem there is with the older Codexes, like Chaos Marines, and Black Templars. They can't take 2 power fists. And Chaos marines don't even have Storm Shields or equivalents.

Fair enough on the twin PF idea. But a storm shield (maybe a combat shield?) could count as a invul save in a pinch for any PA army. For Chaos, maybe just a daemonically possessed shield...meh...

Still, a combo that would fit across the board for any army would be fun. Lightning claws are always a blast to model and paint, for example, and would work for dang near any army.

Just a thought, brother. I'm still waiting for that one challange that I can afford...buying a whole model is hard to do sometimes for just a part (married father of four...cash is short at times, lol), and it'd be awesome if the challange was a combo of plastic parts that most anyone would have sitting around. Sadly, I saw the Azrael challange too late, or else I would have jumped on that one.

WingsOfTheFalcon, I think that might be TOO vague a piece, it gives no creative challenge at all.. Really, you might aswell make the rules be: "Make something cool-looking in power armour." It's akin to allowing people to just cover a metal bit in greenstuff and then making a deamon prince around it, the possibilities are almost literally endless.

Having a look at the previous Challenges, I really liked all the varied entries with Chronus' torso and the nurgle entry with Lysander's body. I understand a TONNE of people complained about having to go spend money on a model (for some reason..) even though they could end up using the model in their army anyway. Or they'd just have a really cool model to paint up. So I'm still down for the metal bit.

Although my opinion is clear as I really appreciate the challenge in turning, for example, a metal Ultramarine hero into something totally different, we could do as Brother Styphus suggested back in the Chronus thread that you just have a theme around which we have to create something

The main barrier to entry here is cost, not a lot of entrants want to buy a blister for the sake of one bit. I've done this for both the Chronus and Lysander challenges and am happy to carry on doing this, but it will limit entries. I think we need to use a plastic bit and ok I take on board that the suggest head wasn't a great call but we need to identify something that is readily available and inexpensive. Otherwise we're not going to get more than a couple of entries.

If we are going down the blister route I suggest: Bile's Pack.

Well, actually I think the most entries were in the one with Chronus' body and then the Count-As Mephiston. So that's pretty much 1-1 between count-as and metal bits. Then Lysander had nothing and neither did the Count-As Azrael. So far it's even how many contestants there are in each type of challenge. Therefore, I think we should throw caution to the reckless wind and go with a metal bit! -cough- Techmarine -cough-

However, best would be a suprise.

There were around 10 entrys for the chronus one and there havnt been more than 5 since. I thing we need to come up with a cheap easily accessable bit to get more people to join, or perhaps something on the lines of convert an all plastic librarian/chaplain/sorceror

I suggest a theme, though it goes against the required bit rules. I'm also suggesting it because I don't already have plans for my suggestion, unlike other users.

Honor Above All.

Construct a standard bearer, fighting to keep the colors upright. Chaos have their icon bearers, while the Inquisition could have an inquisitorial herald.

If you guys are going throw out ideas, please don't just use obscure phrases. Provide at least a sentence so we don't have to infer what "Noooo......." actually means.

@ Battle-Brother Ludovic: Who said anything about dying? Why couldn't a bezerker be stabbing his Khornate staff through the face of a cowardly noise marine? It would still be a struggle to keep the icon upright, as a dying Charlie Sheen Marine refuses to just die when asked politely.

Archived