Interested in a conversion challenge?

I think it would be more interesting to pick a bit from a non-SM line and make the players incorporate it into a SM character. :)

Edit: Similar to what this guy did with Necron bits.

Chaplain Sajlax (Linky)

We'll see how this first challenge goes. If it goes well, I'll hold others. We've already got suggestions for a theme based challenge.

Fair enough. I am a little apprehensive about using such large and iconic pieces under your guidelines (the need for the piece to remain easily recognizable). However, I suppose that could make the conversion challenge more of a challenge, so YMMV.

Fair enough. I am a little apprehensive about using such large and iconic pieces under your guidelines (the need for the piece to remain easily recognizable). However, I suppose that could make the conversion challenge more of a challenge, so YMMV.

I don't understand what you're concerned about. Can you elaborate?

I would like to nominate the SM terminator chaplains body,

This one

With both arms detachable I feel that even though it might take a lot of work there could still be some nice conversions made.

I've been meaning to do something with this guy since I want a second chaplain for my terminators.

And frankly I don't think you see enough converted versions of this guy out there.

Cheers!

The bolt pistol arm and backback are seperate ( currently working on this very model, but with a p-fist instead of pistol ).

Lovely model to work with, so even if he isn't the piece chosen for this event, I'd say get him :)

++ Edited, since answering a question 2 at night after painting for 3 hours is a bad idea.. ++

I would like to suggest Pedro Kantor's body (which I believe includes the powerfist arm) but also back the idea for the jump pack chaplain.

Also I have a question, say we use your Cassius body, can we change that itself? For instance can we remove bits from him or, say, change the crozius (or even that arm) for something else?

Also I have a question, say we use your Cassius body, can we change that itself? For instance can we remove bits from him or, say, change the crozius (or even that arm) for something else?

I certainly hope so, otherwise it won't be much of a conversion challenge! At a minimum whatever model gets chosen I'll be doing weapon swaps, GS, headswaps and filing off irrelevant iconography!

Ps, the jump chappy crozius is attached to the body as far as I'm aware, bolt pistol hand and JP are seperate.

Okay the actually competition can't take place on this thread. It is too cluttered and people have to read 4 pages to find out whats going on.

I would suggest keeping this thread open for discussion of this competition and posting a link to the new thread on may 15th.

TWO DAYS!!! I AM SO COUNTING DOWN!!!!

Then only let people submit entries there...maybe even a winners thread but that's not completely nessisary.

I am really looking forward to this! Also EBAY will work wonders when finding JUST the right bit you need!

I would suggest a non space marine bit as the conversion piece...its too easy to take a marine body and make a marine! One of those old gargoyle arms? A Daemon bit? Tau bit?(Not sure on any specifics) Luscious the Eternal's Whip arm for instance!

DARN IT! 10 PM! GAH!!!!! I can't hardly wait!!!!! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, allow me to retain a modicum of composure...perhaps a good peice for the....what are we calling it? Ill go with...Entry Bit...For the entry bit would be a tau kroot hound head. Veiw Hound here It it metal and comes in a blister pack...i know i can get one of those at my local store for 8$ American.

I know how you feel, i've been following this thred for a few days and i'm itching to get started, although my involvement does hinge on the chosen part really.

Here's hoping.

Cheers.

ya know, I could be really mean and start posting every couple minutes going

"2 hours and 5 minutes until I announce the formal challenge"

then 10 minutes later I post again going

"1 hour and 55 minutes until I announce the formal challenge"

followed by a post 10 minutes later going

"1 hour and 45 minutes until I announce the formal challenge"

I mean it is well with in my ability to do such a thing and I think I'm just cruel to get pleasure out of it too.

Buuuut.... I'm not going to.

I'm guessing the way the part is outlined, we can change the head if we want to, yes?

Absolutely. Carve off the Ultramarine symbols, green stuff over 'em, add parts, Use Plasticard to add details. Go to town with it. If in the final conversion It's kinda hard to see the part, I'll ask for clarification on what you did.

Archived