Interested in a conversion challenge?

Wow, some cool conversions got entered while I was away. I really like them, all of them. A lot of cool creative pieces.

I'm planning on finishing mine tonight, though I've still got a lot of sanding, GS'ing, and assembling to do before I'm done. We'll see, might have to pull an all nighter to make it. I usually am much better at converting quickly, but I've been slammed recently, so almost all the work is being done today, with a little prep yesterday. I love just barely making deadlines! ;)

As for the next challenge, I love the idea. Special Characters are my favorite thing to convert, so any excuse to make another one is cool with me. :tu:

Better get to work Sharp. You have less then 18 hours left to get your submission in.

Now I'm having visions of Sharp pulling an all-nighter to finish his entry and he winds up cutting his finger off.

Psshaw, I made it with at least 30 minutes to spare. And your vision of my missing digit isn't that far off. Some of that greenstuff is covering up some blood. :ermm:

Seeing as how the diorama started as a board with texturing and a terminator with a space marine chest plate, a GS tabard, and no head or arms, and a Space Marine sergeant (kneeling guy) assembled with little else done, I'm pleased with how I did, though a bit of the GS will be getting touched up later (hard to take your time when the clock is ticking and it's 4 am). For honesty's sake, I must say that the Dreadnought and primed Interrogator-Chaplain were assembled a little while ago, but I wanted to include them in the diorama because I lurve them. ;) Everything else was assembled last night.

Only parts of the Chronus kit I didn't use were his funky looking helmet, his servo arm, his bolt pistol (used the arm), and the back of his torso. I'm happy with the result.

You can't expect me to rise to not the challenge when you say:

If you want to build a gigantic Army A clashing with Army B diorama where the leaders of the two armies are conversions utilizing the required bit
can you? (Though they aren't gigantic armies, I wasn't feeling that ambitious) :tu:

Just be glad I didn't go with:

Chronus brotherly love?

;)

indeed, good work al round and buckedloads of interesting stuff! ;)

and for the record: i'm expecting everybody to do at least as good a job in the next round! ;)

Well, with that in mind I suggest we finish up the current challenge. I've already got confirmation of the others judging the entries so I should be able to announce the winner of this challenge some time next week. Then we can do a second challenge like the one we just did, with the required part and all, but during the next challenge we can use the time to discuss and plan a different idea for the challenge after that one. Sound good?

I also agree. I might not be able to take part in the 'next' challenge unless the required part is reasonalby easy to aquire, but I think we do need more time to hash out the workings of your idea :woot:

James

*pulls out dart board, hangs it on the wall. Tacks 'Lysander's body' to the board*

Okay, I've got the committee set up to select a part. Right now Lysander's body is on the table. What else? Come on folks I want at least 6 possibilities before I start throw... er negotiating.

1) Lysander's Body

2) ?

3) ?

4) ?

5) ?

6) ?

I submit the idea of Kroot Hounds! Kroot Hounds are a cool looking model and would offer a ton of interesting conversion ideas from Dammocles Gulf Veterans to chaos Weapons teams(not sure if Chaos is an allowed entry but whatever)

So that is my sugestion...not to mention it does make for a harder challege!

Desperately trying to think of something I have that other people could get hold of reasonably easily so I can play this time too..... I'll go and rummage in my bitz boxes later and see if I can find something.

James

my picks:

terminator captain body (love that model!)

and dark eldar prisoners :yes:

Okay, Termi Captian body. Got it on the board.

as for the Kroot Hounds and the Dark Eldar prisoners (I'm actually a little scared to think of what conversions THOSE would become the basis for to be viable for a post on Bolterandchainsword.com...) Lets try to remember that the conversions need to be OK for B&C.com, so power armored armies only. While I can see the Kroot Hounds being used in... interesting ways, I think it would also limit the possibilities for the conversions.

as for the Kroot Hounds and the Dark Eldar prisoners (I'm actually a little scared to think of what conversions THOSE would become the basis for to be viable for a post on Bolterandchainsword.com...) Lets try to remember that the conversions need to be OK for B&C.com, so power armored armies only. While I can see the Kroot Hounds being used in... interesting ways, I think it would also limit the possibilities for the conversions.

personally, i was thinking a count-as Slaanesh defiler based on the Witch Hunters' pendant engine model

my mind actualy works that way, scary isn't it? :yes:

personally, i was thinking a count-as Slaanesh defiler based on the Witch Hunters' pendant engine model

my mind actualy works that way, scary isn't it? :lol:

that's only marginally better then what I was thinking of.

2) GK Terminator Body (participant's choice)

One of those single chaps havoc blisters...I don't have a link to it ATM but I just saw a bunch at my local gaming store.

Necron Flayed Ones....I had the idea today cause I ran into my ex at the same gameing store...ocd flayed ones. They skin you and put you skin back on. This idea was due to me saying it while explaining it to my ex. Lolz!

Hey guys,

My suggestion for the next run is....

The White Scars Commander Torso from this conversion pack.

It's not chapter specific, and is only £6.50!

:)

Sorry to rain on this idea, but I just had a look at the link you posted and the availability bit at the bottom says: No Longer Available... :P

James

Archived