International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

That World Eater's looking great KK. I second the need for a little definition though. However instead of washing the whole surface I'd recommend watering down your washes and applying them to only the recesses. This'll help you keep the colours you've built up on the plates while giving you definition as well. It takes a bit of patience to do it but I think the results will do your mini more justice than just a wash will.

I've done some more work on the mk V Assault Marine I posted up earlier on, photos are in his dedicated thread. I also did some more sculpting on the Daemon Prince tonight as well, he's almost reached a point where I'm happy with him now, so more pictures will be coming soon.

cheers

James

Yeah I think so, I was gonna try replicating the glowing blue-white effect that I used on the DC marine's jump pack nozzles. I thought it might look kinda cool as most daemon princes seem to either have red or grey skin these days (except your last one :D)

Have you got any ideas or thoughts for yours? Is he dedicated to your favourite of the four ruinous powers or perhaps he's playing the dangerous game of worshipping all four? Or maybe there's a skin tone you've always wanted to try out but never had the right model for?

hopefully you might be able to get some ideas from those thoughts

cheers

James

Damn. Ok, let's break down your three gods colours then:

Nurgle: greens and browns(obviously), sickly pallid flesh, mottled grey flesh

Tzeentch: any colour really but mainly blues or possibly golds

Slaanesh: rich purples and pinks, pallid but healthy skin

So if you fancied Tzeentch, perhaps you could try using NMM tecniques to do a golden skin? For Nurgle maybe use pallid greenish tones to make a sickly looking prince (rotting flesh would make a good start for this scheme if it's still available). For Slaanesh, you could try starting from pink and working up to white, or perhaps use Leviathan Purple wash over a White undercoat before working up with Bleached Bone mixed with a little Liche Purple.

any help?

James

A couple of things to show off tonight. First up, having just been paid and having a little money left after paying the bills this month I couldn't resist getting one of these once I saw that the bits sites were starting to stock them:

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF8874.jpghttp://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF8876-1.jpg

I couldn't get a pre-heresy style boltgun for him though but I thought this plasma gun sort of fitted the bill. Since I took the photos he's been partially disassembled, mounted on painting rigs and undercoated.

After seeing the quality of these casts up close and personal I've decided I will definately be getting more of these in future. I've already come up with an idea involving a squad of marines in mk V armour and a rhino, but more on that as the idea takes shape.

Next up is the progress on my Daemon Prince bust. I've nearly finished the sculpting now, just need to smooth a couple of areas and he'll be all set. I'm now thinking about leaving the shoulder armour off as it doesn't seem to sit right now he has shoulders...

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF8879-1.jpghttp://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF8880-1.jpghttp://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF8881-1.jpg

I'm now pretty sure that I'm gonna leave the back open as it is now but it will be painted rather than being left 'blank'.

That's all for now folks,

thanks

James

Hey Folks,

So I not finished the DA guy yet but i have started my next iron armor guy who im doing as a Nightlord :huh:

Then while i was waiting for a wash to dry on him put the next guy together not sure if to do him Sons of Horus or a justerian :D

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/KhorneKiller/Image0339.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/KhorneKiller/Image0338.jpg

I would so love to get my hands on some of those new FW Marines - but I've just got too many projects to finish at the moment.

Theres a BA killteam which I'm just waiting for a few parts to finish off.

Theres the Jetbike - trying to decide what weapons to mount and where to mount them. I'm leaning either to twin storm bolters or an assault cannon.

And I've also got a large scale Marine helmet to work on as well.

(Not forgetting a couple of non-pa projects too!)

I am likeing what people have done so far with the new models - certainly plenty of inspiration for when I do get some!

That Chaos Plasmagun fits the rest of the model so well James.

@Khornatekiller - the Nightlord looks a little dark - but that might just be the lighting. The Terminator is a sweet looking kitbash - are they shinguards from the Ven Dread?

So, erm, hey there Brotherhood. Not sure if I'm doing this right nut think I am.

I got this great little guy earlier today and plan to strip him down,do a bit of converting and paint him up as the start of my Fire Hawks Chapter (wonder what inspired me to do them ;) ). Anyway I was wondering if you guys could help as I have very little practice wth stripping paint, I've been told Brake Fluid works but that can be rather expensive, I also heard about a 'Green Bath' (?) or something like that that was meant to be an easy way to do it. Anyway here's a pic, excuse my hand but he fell apart a bit in transport, I appreciate any help you can give.

gallery_49580_5257_389540.jpg

Fowlie

P.S. Just thought I should say that conversion-wise I am gonna definately chang the legs, far to stubby, and I might go the full hog and tinker with the Head and arms to make him Pre-heresy-esque.

Assuming it's been painted with acrylics, get yourself down to your local supermarket and purchase some 'Mr Muscle Kitchen Cleaner' you'll know you've got the right one cause it's in a yellow bottle and says lemon scented on it ;).

Fill your chosen container, (glass is best as you can see what's going on inside it and it won't be affected by the cleaner) with the Mr Muscle to about half the height of the tallest component then add some water to dilute it a little. Put the little fellow in the solution and leave him to soak. How long it takes will depend on how thick the paint is, but around 6-12 hours (overnight is easiest) should do it. Then remove him from the Mr Muscle and give him a srcub with an old toothbrush in some clean water the paint should just flake off. If neccessary repeat until you're happy with it.

that should see him ready for converting in no time :)

James

No bother mate, it works just as well on plastics too. The only thing you will find is that it strips Black undercoat better than it does White and that with plastic there may be some slight staining if you've removed really vivid colours like red or blue but once you've got a fresh undercoat on there you'll never notice it ;).

James

These guys all look great. The Night Lords look great, the termie dude is beast.

And that dreadnought looks great too. Haven't been doing much painting at all. And the site has been down whenever I decide to stop by. But these things are all looking great brothers!

Hello again friend's i just thinking about starting a DIY COMPANY for the blood angels (The sanguinor's ..........)

They are both red and gold but i need help.

With the name The sanguinor's ........ I dont know what to put, if you have any idea,s just post them .

I'm loving everything of everybody's at the moment especially the daemon prince bust's

Well I actually got some painting done tonight! :) Unfortunately not on anything for my army! haha

But I think the standard is pretty good, and I feel it is a little bit different from my normal style.

So all you get is a preview because it's all that I've done! :)

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/dfdad9da.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/33158153.jpg

enjoy guys! I'll have more tomorrow!

cheers,

aj

Really liking the deep red on that arm Astador and the conversion looks great as well. I can't wait to see the rest of him. You're making me want to work on a terminator again! Time to dig through my bits box I think....

KK, that terminator looks really cool. I'd say do him as Justaerin because the glossy black armour would contrast really well if you went for pale coloured fur on him. The Night Lord's beginning quite well too, loving the use of the RTB01 powerfist, it fits really well with the mkIII armour.

S.Bloodhowl, I'm sure that originally GW made longer legs for that dreadnought as well as the stubby ones, if you search around you may be able to track som down. Otherwise I'd suggest cutting them mid thigh and mid shin, pinning them and filling in the gaps with green stuff.

I posted up some 'finished' pictures of 'in midnight clad' in the Hall of Honour yesterday. I thought long and hard about doing freehand on his loincloth, but I couldn't figure out a way to fit anything on clearly because of the creases. More freehand practice is called for methinks :). Anyway if you'd like to see them here's the thread in the HOH.

started painting my mkIII marine tonight, pictures will be coming soon. oh, and Rider PM'd me on saturday night to let me know he's almost all set for our project, so keep your eyes peeled as we will be announcing it very soon :)

cheers

James

KK, that terminator looks really cool. I'd say do him as Justaerin because the glossy black armour would contrast really well if you went for pale coloured fur on him. The Night Lord's beginning quite well too, loving the use of the RTB01 powerfist, it fits really well with the mkIII armour.

DOH !!!

Already put a layer of Grethin Green on him and they battered him with a wash of thraka.

Will put a pic up later when i get home see what you guys think :tu:

Hey all,

Well, I've read the first page (the rest will be read in time) and I think it's a great idea! :huh:

I'm unsure right now what I'll be doing (too many projects in my head, I'll have to get them down on paper and then see), but I would love to join. (I love seeing other people's models and I do like the "helping out" part of the Brotherhood) ;)

Anyway, till next time!

Ludovic

EDIT: Is this only for models or for general 40k stuff (such as fan art, etc...)?

Astador i hope you dont mind could you tell me your recipe for red on the termi arm because it looks great!

And my new company is the sanguinor's horseman .

Like the horseman of the apocalypse but ill post pic's soon.... :)

Archived