International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

@ Brother Cambrius: There'll always be room for more members. When I get a spare minute I'll update the members list.

@ The Normish: I can't really make out the middle one, but the Desert Camo looks pretty neat. I think the Urban Camo looks pretty cool as well, but I think it needs a little more lighter grey on it. Just now it looks to be almost all one colour with only very small amounts of lighter colours on it. I know that at the scale we work at it's difficult to apply real world values to things, and as I said it does look pretty good, but I think it needs just a little bit more <_<.

@Replica: Loving that dead SOH marine. I think that de-personalising (is that the right term?) the relationship between the 'characters' is a good thing. It gives it more of an aftermath feel: Stumbling through the wreckage of the Imperial Palace the Captain of the Imperial Fists 17th Grand Company sees the partially buried form of one of the traitors. Blinking back tears (I think at this point in time what with everything that's happened an Astartes could feel sorrow, possibly enough to cry) he spends long minutes contemplating his once brother. Recalling the horror of the last hours and thinking of what could have been had the Horus not turned from the Emperor's light.... or something like that anyway :(

@ Master Chaplain Astador: That army's gonna leave a nasty hole in whatever it faces. I think though as Lestat said, without scoring units you are going to have to annihilate everything. But then I suppose with that much manouverability and close combat abilty that might not be a problem and if the enemy forms a gunline you can always deepstrike 'em. You'll have to let us know how they get on in a game :).

cheers

James

Pig Of Sparta

@Replica: Loving that dead SOH marine. I think that de-personalising (is that the right term?) the relationship between the 'characters' is a good thing. It gives it more of an aftermath feel: Stumbling through the wreckage of the Imperial Palace the Captain of the Imperial Fists 17th Grand Company sees the partially buried form of one of the traitors. Blinking back tears (I think at this point in time what with everything that's happened an Astartes could feel sorrow, possibly enough to cry) he spends long minutes contemplating his once brother. Recalling the horror of the last hours and thinking of what could have been had the Horus not turned from the Emperor's light.... or something like that anyway smile.gif

Perfect dude, love it, that is the exact back-story im gonna go with! Tons of emotion to fit on 60mm!

It's really fiddly when you have bulky fingers like myself :P

I should apologise to any in advance who tries it; the pieces get very irritating and may fall off occasionally, but you'll just need lots of patience.

another quick update, I received some RTB01 bits from Pig Of Sparta, and so i thought it would be cool to use a backpack. Although during the heresy they had everything but Mk.8 Errant Armor, so technically i could have used anything, but, Pig of Sparta mentioned hes got a soft spot for Mk.4 Maximus suits so the older back pack is a must. Being a captain (of the 17th Grand Company :whistling: ) i cut the ropes from the captain chest and transferred them to the Mk.4 chest from the Black Templars sprue (admittedly its hard to see, but there is a MK.4 chest under there!) . I also added a tabard, from the captain set, clipped down to just 3 tassels, it adds a little more movement to the cloth sections. I imagine the marine standing dead still with the cloth and ropes bellowing in the wind. Heres a pic:

gallery_49031_5138_74729.jpg

Thanks everyone, im loving the feedback!

Replica

Anihilation is the way to go I think Master Chaplain Astador. None of this standing around holding onto a patch of trees or worthless ruin :teehee:. I don't take games too seriously either to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I can be competitive, but not at the expense of having fun. I don't get to play all that often cause my gaming group is 30 miles away so I try to enjoy every oportunity I get to play.

@ Replica: Glad you liked the backstory mate. I keep getting these great ideas for wee stories like that, but I suck at writing so they never go anywhere. I'm glad that it's of some use to you though.

Really liking the look of that Captain. I like the mix of armour marks as it gives the impression that he's had to replace damaged parts of his armour with whatever he can get a hold of. I like the sense of stillness his ornamentation gives as well; a gentle breeze blowing across the battlefield lifting the pall of smoke that has clung to the ravaged palace for so long, an eiree silence after months of the earsplitting sounds of combat... I think it allows more room for the emotions of the mini to show through.

Incidentally, the RTB01 backpacks are still great today. I think if GW were to do a Bitz Pack of them they'd fly off the shelves as not everyone can afford to splash out on FW stuff.

@ Skirax: There's no need to rush yourself mate, take your time ;)

thanks

James

anyone in the brotherhood here have experience of true/art/actual scaling marines?

been studying Lamenter's method, which is pretty much the way i'm going, but wonder whether anyone has seen a side-by-side of the version with the cut down termy chest plate?

I was thinking that at the other forum maybe we should have a section for fluff and stories? Or maybe that is not classified as part of the hobbying that we are trying to encourage, I don't know.

Ooh, please put up a Story section! I'd gladly relinquish power of Moderator of the Trade Section to become Liber Comminiscor Extremis :P But then again, I made a choice, so I guess I must stick with it ;)

I was thinking that at the other forum maybe we should have a section for fluff and stories? Or maybe that is not classified as part of the hobbying that we are trying to encourage, I don't know.

What's the general concensus on this? I'm torn between yes and no. I think we have a great area here on the B&C for fluff and fiction, but on the other hand as we are supporting other systems on the Brotherhood Forum perhaps there should be a section for fluff and fiction. But should it be restricted to non B&C supported subjects?

Please let me know what you think....

Thanks

James

What's the general concensus on this? I'm torn between yes and no. I think we have a great area here on the B&C for fluff and fiction, but on the other hand as we are supporting other systems on the Brotherhood Forum perhaps there should be a section for fluff and fiction. But should it be restricted to non B&C supported subjects?

Thanks

James

I think its a good idea for stories and fluff that don't fit in with the B&C (like non-PA) but i agree there's plenty of room within the B&C for PA stuff.

Thanks

James

I'd have to agree with that, use the BoH forum for non BnC friendly material.

I agree that we should have a fluff/fan-fiction section, but should we realy restrict to non-PA and non-GW topics. After all, we are trying to promote all aspects of the hobby.

I agree that we should have a fluff/fan-fiction section, but should we realy restrict to non-PA and non-GW topics. After all, we are trying to promote all aspects of the hobby.

Yeah, i see where you're coming from. I don't think we should 'restrict' it as such, but i think some things would be better suited to the B&C, and there's nothing stopping people posting in both forums as long as the IBH doesn't become a B&C clone, but i dont think that will happen.

Another update on the Imperial Fist diorama, the head i decided on was the bare head from the chaos terminator kit. Its highly detailed and has a great expression on it, looks to me like a cross between disgust and regret. Heres the final mock ups of the arms and hands, at this point they are blue tacked together, but you can see the pose. The bolter is one off the RTB01 sprues i got from Pig Of Sparta, and the strap from a Blood Angels Death company bolter. The other hand is holding the Mk.4 helmet also from the DC kit.

gallery_49031_5138_31809.jpg

gallery_49031_5138_26596.jpg

gallery_49031_5138_24582.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Replica

This looks very interesting. Are you still taking members? If so I would like to add my humble abilities to the mix. I have a soft spot for the traitor legions but would be interested in working on pretty much anything. How does one go about getting a partner to work with to cement the ties of brotherhood?

Gub

Archived