International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

Gubnutz Da Grim

This looks very interesting. Are you still taking members? If so I would like to add my humble abilities to the mix. I have a soft spot for the traitor legions but would be interested in working on pretty much anything. How does one go about getting a partner to work with to cement the ties of brotherhood?

Gub

Im not speaking for the founders of the IBH, but there is no initiation, when Pig Of Sparta sees your post he will add your name to the roster and youre in.

Heres the link to the IBH forums

Gubnutz Da Grim

This looks very interesting. Are you still taking members? If so I would like to add my humble abilities to the mix. I have a soft spot for the traitor legions but would be interested in working on pretty much anything. How does one go about getting a partner to work with to cement the ties of brotherhood?

Gub

Im not speaking for the founders of the IBH, but there is no initiation, when Pig Of Sparta sees your post he will add your name to the roster and youre in.

Heres the link to the IBH forums

Thanks. I will await acceptance and see what happens after that.

Appreciate the link.

Gub

Welcome to the IBH Gubnutz da Grim! I'll update the members list shortly. Replica's right there is no initiation to speak of. We've all kinda just started to work on stuff for each other spontaneously I guess. Perhaps you could make something for someone to try something out or to use a couple of bits you've had lying around.... but we don't ask that you do this, it's entirely up to you ;)

@ Replica: Great use of the pre-heresy bolter and mark iv helm. I think the pose (I've sort of imagined the parts put together) is going to look really good. ;). I'm really glad I hung on to those sprues for so long....

cheers

James

Madwolf Shadowmane Posted Yesterday, 04:09 PM

Replica, i love the use of the Rogue Trader bolter.

Thanks mate, yeah i love seeing the old parts on new models, the hobby has changed so much since RT, and i like when the modern is linked with the classic.

@ Replica: Great use of the pre-heresy bolter and mark iv helm. I think the pose (I've sort of imagined the parts put together) is going to look really good. ;). I'm really glad I hung on to those sprues for so long....

cheers

James

Yeah they are some great bits even by today's standards in my opinion, the detail is surprisingly crisp. I am only going to use them for the most fitting pieces! Do you like the knee pads, if not, i can change them, no trouble! B)

Replica

I would be glad to make something for someone. Is there a listing somewhere of things people would like or at least of the armies they have and would like additions to. Also on the IBH forums do I need to register with the same user-name as here or is it completely separate? I only ask as I would use Gubnutz and drop da grim portion.

Anyway if anyone requests LMK as I would like to paint something up for one of the Brothers.

Gub

I agree that we should have a fluff/fan-fiction section, but should we realy restrict to non-PA and non-GW topics. After all, we are trying to promote all aspects of the hobby.

Yeah, i see where you're coming from. I don't think we should 'restrict' it as such, but i think some things would be better suited to the B&C, and there's nothing stopping people posting in both forums as long as the IBH doesn't become a B&C clone, but i dont think that will happen.

Another update on the Imperial Fist diorama, the head i decided on was the bare head from the chaos terminator kit. Its highly detailed and has a great expression on it, looks to me like a cross between disgust and regret. Heres the final mock ups of the arms and hands, at this point they are blue tacked together, but you can see the pose. The bolter is one off the RTB01 sprues i got from Pig Of Sparta, and the strap from a Blood Angels Death company bolter. The other hand is holding the Mk.4 helmet also from the DC kit.

gallery_49031_5138_31809.jpg

gallery_49031_5138_26596.jpg

gallery_49031_5138_24582.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Replica

This is looking to be a fine diorama. Holding the helmet in his left hand is almost Shakesperean - "Alas, poor Yorrick.........." It seems to fit with the feelings you are trying to convey.

As an aside to that, have you seen Forgeworlds latest newsletter? It's full of stuff that would be of interest to you for your diorama. They are releasing Mk3 Iron Armour and Umbra pattern bolters. They are a little pricey, but I am sooo tempted!

This is looking to be a fine diorama. Holding the helmet in his left hand is almost Shakesperean - "Alas, poor Yorrick.........." It seems to fit with the feelings you are trying to convey.

As an aside to that, have you seen Forgeworlds latest newsletter? It's full of stuff that would be of interest to you for your diorama. They are releasing Mk3 Iron Armour and Umbra pattern bolters. They are a little pricey, but I am sooo tempted!

Pricey, maybe. But it is MARK III POWER ARMOR!

I am definitely getting hold of that and those bolters for my very first Forge World purchase. Only thing is, what would I use them for? Tactical Marines, Sternguard, Collector Pieces, or should I make a diorama like you suggest?

Nevertheless, it is very exciting.

Pricey, maybe. But it is MARK III POWER ARMOR!

I am definitely getting hold of that and those bolters for my very first Forge World purchase. Only thing is, what would I use them for? Tactical Marines, Sternguard, Collector Pieces, or should I make a diorama like you suggest?

Nevertheless, it is very exciting.

You should use them to make an entire pre-heresey space marine army, of course.

Oh I know what I want for my birthday now.... curse you Forge World, you wonderful people :D

A quick update on the large scale Chaplain Helmet I posted up a wee while ago. I decided the idea I'd first had wasn't going to work so I ripped off the cabling I'd spent a few hours gluing in to place and over the last few nights did this instead:

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/ChaplainHelm.jpg

I plan on re-doing the cabling to below the cheek bones of the skull in a similar style to how it was before.

Any comments or criticism will be very appreciated as I'm still learning to sculpt,

thanks

James

whoa, that helmet looks awesome dude, real nice work!

Yeah the new Mk3's look great, i always love the way Mk3 looks on the back, reminds me of the start of the movie 'The Devils Rejects'. The Umbra pattern bolters are really nice too, i can see elements of all the current bolter variants.

I love what FW are doing for marines lately, the new Raven Guard blew me away. They took a pretty ( IMO ) dull looking chapter and made them look absolutely spectacular!

Thanks Replica, I should hopefully have some more done later tonight :)

Oh, btw the parcel arrived yesterday, thanks for the extra bits you put in there :)

I know what you mean. I just read the FW Newsletter that Kurgan the Lurker posted in the News Forum and it says; here are the first of our upcoming Space Marine Releases.... that means there's even more goodies to come hopefully.

cheers

James

Nice work on the helmet, one thing I'd add to it is maybe continue the peak of the helmet very slightly down the arch of the "nose" , It's hard to tell without a 3/4 view but it just looks to me that it would tie it in nicely with the sharp lines of the cheekbones. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the idea Brother 'Ussell. I might give that a try. I was thinking of extending the top vent down to the 'nose' as one solid band, but that might be easier to do.

I'll have a play tonight and see what works...

James

Everything is looking good guys! :P

And I have a little treat for you guys now that I'm out of town.

I snapped a pic of the pip Dreadnoughts as I left for the airport. It's pretty blurry but at least its better than nothing!

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/blood%20angels/03abf0b5.jpg

Another update on the Chaplain Helm, with multiple views:

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/SkullHelmcollage1.jpg

Try as I might, I couldn't get the connectors on either side of the jaw the same shape, so I figured I'd leave the G/S to cure and then give them a gentle sanding to even them up a little. I tried extending the central vent down this evening but I was rushing it too much and it didn't look right so I ripped the G/S back off again. I think I might just use Brother 'Ussell's idea and bring the 'brow' down a little over the 'nose'.

That's it almost done though. Then I just need to wait for a wind and rain free day so I can undercoat it :)

@ Master Chaplain Astador: I really like the bases you've made for your Dreadnoughts... how did you do them? As you said the pics are a little blurry but they're looking pretty good.

thanks

James

Hey folks, I got another Angels Sanguine finsihed I put it in its own thread rather than clot up this one can you have a look and let me know ;)

Angels Sanguine

He looks great! I love halved and quatered schemes and yours are done particularly well, it's not a chapter you see often but judging by how nice these look i don't know why! Have you thought about adding some weathering and battle damage? I wouldn't say they needed it, they very nice the way they are, very clean

@ Replica, Yes mate i have "thought" about battle damage and weathering but at the moment i dont fel confident to pull it off as good as some of the stuff you see on here and short of just dabbing boltgun metal on it im not sure how to make it look effective ;)

Ok Folks, So my next random mini is the Dark Angels Chapter Master.

I have decided to really take my time with this guy and try and make him really good, So i also thought i would try some new techniques :P

I thought i would try NMM and do his sword like that of the Sanguinor from the heavy metal article in WD364 using their tutorial.

This is what I have gotten, What do you think i need to do to make it "POP" that bit more, Or should i just start again ??

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/KhorneKiller/Image0295.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/KhorneKiller/Image0293.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/KhorneKiller/Image0296.jpg

Cheers

Andy

OK so i know it looked nothing like NMM,

So i redid it,

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/KhorneKiller/Image0298.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/KhorneKiller/Image0297.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/KhorneKiller/Image0299.jpg

Archived