The Axe of the Champion is Multipart. :)

The Arm with Cables and Axehandle is a Spacewolf E-Hammer I think. The Blade of the Axe is from Sanguinary-Guard, cutted of the Wings. The Cables and Wires out the backside are a little Part from a Servo-Skull out of the Heavy WeaponsSquad Box. Not 100'% Sure of all of it, its out from my real big bitzbox. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

Yes the tabards will stay grey. I tried, red, blue, black and white and grey with hard highlights. Its doesnt match the scheme. red istoo colorful, white and blue are destroying the "half" scheme and black is too dark for the white/blue.

Hard Highlights will make the tabards too heavy and an Eye-Catcher and I didnt want that. They should stay in the Background and with a single black wash and a thinned Sepia, the stay where they should and the white/blue dominates the Miniature.

Didn't manage too finish the other 5 yesterday, only the Sergeant but I need to recharge the camera first. Will update Standards, rest of Scouts and Cybot in the next days if I find enough time to paint.

Green may actually work for tabards, or an off yellow. Those Sang guard conversions have gone into my "to Steal" file, so thanks for that :)

You've got a real solid command of gray and white, which can be tricky. What color do you prime these guys?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

want to show you what I did this weekend.

I decided to build a 500 Point Chaos Army for small evenings with beer and friends so I looked after a hq. I like the Idea of the demonic mount so I decided to convert a mounted hq. I was very impressed by Bolters Magmatrax Tutoria,l which I read so often in the laast weeks to learn the used painting techniques, so I started a similar miniature but I also decided to do it on my own way.

"Horse Reins" are still missing, Ill have to buy a small but nice chain. His right hand is holding the chain reins relaxed.

Little Cleaning jobs are also still necessary until Primer.

The Head is a Moloch head. I cut him to open his mouth and can make the head a bit larger. Closed the original eye holes with gs and made him bigger eyes where normally the horns are.

Body and legs are an Ironclad Cybot and an imperial sentinel. (And a normally fantasy Horse body under the fur and plasmacables. :) It fit perfectly so I took it)

Some Landspeeder bits were also used and Imperial Flagellants for Decoration. (Chains, Skulls, Book)

Non-fur Cape-Part is from Space Marine Commander Box.

Added a few Chaosbits to the General and the Unicorn after buying a Chaos SM Box.

I call this General "Artrax" on his "Red Unicorn" and I already have a backgroud story for him and hos relationship to the Unicorn, a real daemonic machine.

Im not good in using greenstuff but I get better. Its not perfect, but its ok I think. I like it. I hope you too :)

http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/ZIShzRIel2.jpg

Very cool pose for the librarian. Not totally sold on his jump pack. One problem though....

Black Templar bits....used to make a Librarian..a WITCH! MoS Jasper will be lookin' to have words with you, bud.

The champ before is also a nice touch. The Combi-plas is very subtle (didn't even notice it at first). One thing you might want to try in the future: I find that painting laurels, especially small ones, goes better without painting a central 'stem' between the leaves. It's a small difference but in my eyes it's the difference between a laurel and two twigs :) The guy on the far left here shows what I'm talking about: http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz201/W...rs/IMG_2000.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Photo is not very good. Perspective and Macro makes him look bigheaded. And details like the written text on the tabard is invisible. ;) Will up one another tomorrow when i finished him.

Still to do:

- Highlighting Base Objects

- Paint the skull on the belt

- Choose a Powerweaponcolor

- Paint the Weapon

- Tweak one or two not so good things

- post a photo

I play them Codex Astartes like on the battlefield so I really need him on my templar-style looking army. Will call 'em Master of the forbidden Knowledge, Warden of the Secrets or something like that to hide that I made a librarian with templar bitz. :)

http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/HbW0VqqTYt.jpg

Something I just noticed about that guy which seems a bit weird...the book on his stand, perfectly strait up and down, pages even on either side. Tis a book of Foul Sorceries to defy His Laws of Gravity so flagrantly!!!

The evidence of corruption is piling up quickly for this "Warden of Secrets"...Jasper is watching :D .

Other than the kinda funky book on the base, things are looking good.

Sorry I have no Lightbox, good Camera or bright light at home. I really need a good light, for painting and photography.

So, Scriptor finished. Not perfect but I got the basics and rest is learning by doing or simply exercise.Time will show. I think. :D

So HQ finished, small Scoutsquad finished, 1 Standard Squad finished.

Whats next. Well see, have a lot of bits around here and a half painted Dread and some Honor Guard.

Maybe I'll assemble 5 more Jump-Pack Boys to fly around with the Master of Secrets.

http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/jX7Sgq3Vq5.jpg

Archived