Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Maybe it's just me, but for a counts-as for a head chaplain he looks a little underwhelming, more like a standard veteran with a power maul than a Master of Sanctity.

You don't need a skull helm, but it would go long way with some kind of helmet that will set him apart. I know you don't like Crozius's, but all it is is a beating stick in the form of an Aquila, what would better exemplify the Marines Malevolent (especially after what happened with the Sons of Malice ;) )?

The rest of your models are awesome, very nice :HQ:

@SincaiN: Ha, it's pretty rare when I get this much time nowadays, so I'm taking advantage of it. As for the scimitar fella, I actually like him quite a bit, although I'm debating switching the head for one of the 'old man' noggins I got laying around. I don't know, he just oozes 'broken, battered, but unbowed' to me. Meh, to each his own, I guess. Thanks for the comments, brother!

@Olis: As soon as I saw that bolter, I knew exactly who it was going on to, lol. Thanks, man!

@DA Thirst: Actually, the helm is a skull....(guy on the left)

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m710083a_99060101439_DamnedLegionnaires2_873x627.jpg

I do see what you mean though, maybe a few trophies and a couple of extra purity seals will help. The problem I run into with decorating these guys too much is that the mini looks too busy after I paint the OTT rust and chipping, which takes up a lot of room in the end. But the mace stays, I feel it fits perfectly into my resource poor psychopaths....and I really hate Crozius's :HQ: . Thanks, brother. Oh, and congrats on making Moderati!

@Mr. Malevolent: Thanks, and best of luck on a chappy build with these models. Hopefully you pick up the finecast versions, 'cuz the pewter ones are a pain ,lol.

Best WIP thread ever!

This is a massive source of inspiration!!!

I was wondering what kind of list are you planning on running? And can we get a group shot soon!!!

AWESOME SAUCE!!!!!

Oh, duh :huh: It is indeed a skull mask, my bad.

I understand what you're saying about the model being too busy. Perhaps the parchment/cloth loincloth thing the jump pack chaplain has and something on the top of the back pack, like a little Marines Malevolent icon, to add to his stature, while giving more coverage analso slightly reducing the need for decoration elsewhere? And I'm sorry that you hate Crozius's, you're really missing out on the righteous fury feel they could provide ;)

Thanks for the congrats :D

damn, someone stepped up his pace ;)

i just love the dynamic pose of the gladius guy. is the blade jagged in the sprue or did you cut it like that?

one thing about the scimitar dude is buggin' me though, personally i like the bare SG heads, but i hate the fact that they're plain flat on the top. i'd suggest modelling some hair to make his hairdo look more realistic :P

i'm still amazed, how you managed to churn out so many minis since i last checked your thread. your stuff never fails to inspire me :D

The Chaplain looks incredibly terrifying. His unconcerned, yet threatening pose is excellent. Also, the Command squad conversions look great, and that Captain is one gorgeous sculpt. Very well done on all accounts! :lol:

Greetings Brother,

Loving the Chaplain, first time I've seen one with a MkVI helmet and I reckon he will look Great painted!

Also going back to El Capitan, I reckon you could have a point, for some reason I really like the look of him today :)

Look forward to seeing them all painted up.

FTE

I love everything about this thread.

My favourite marine is probably the first command squad member, awesome work with the mk2 legs.

Where does he's metal crusade backpack come from? It's not often I don't recognize a piece, at first I thought it was Helbrecht's.

Edit: Ahh, the pack is from chronus, nice work on that.

Quick question: Is the Imperialis on Chaplain Sabaktes chest supposed to represent the Rosarius? If that’s the case than I have to wholeheartedly congratulate you - its seems like most people have forgotten that Rosarius can take other form than the cross.

@jokero, darth potato, nighthunters, gawain: Thanks!

@Leonidus: My original list (half mech, half bike) kinda got scrapped thanks to my move to Alaska, and GW's price increases. I'm just going with the flow and building whatever I have laying about in my bitz box at this point. And the group shot will happen after the Command squad, a Speeder Storm, and two razorbacks get done. Thanks for the comments!

@Thirst: On it, the Chappy's getting painted first, so you'll see soon.

@Wicced: New head on the Scimitar fella, thanks!

@Retrograde: Yep, good eye. Thanks!

@Keyoz: Ha, glad someone noticed that, I liked the Aquilla better! I never understood why Chaplains would hang a invaluable force field generator from a flimsy chain around their neck either, so it's welded to his chestplate instead. Thanks!

Onward...first, the Apothecary. Only thing I wanted to point out on this guy is the pose. The rest of the squad has very aggressive poses, but the Apothecary was intentionally posed defensively. His brothers are there to fight, he's there to keep them alive and protect the Company's legacy, so I wanted it to look like he's still fighting, but hanging back a bit too. Hope it translated well...

gallery_37532_5399_691306.png

gallery_37532_5399_467620.png

Next, the last power sword-bearing Command Squad guy. Simplicity is it's own reward...

gallery_37532_5399_548186.png

gallery_37532_5399_632382.png

Finally, the one I'm really proud of, my Company First Sergeant...

gallery_37532_5399_932443.png

...with 1SG rank on his chest...

gallery_37532_5399_826738.png

...and kill marks on his power fist. ^_^

gallery_37532_5399_964214.png

Enjoy!

@CMK: From the elbow up, the infernus pistol arm from the DC box, the fist itself was from the DA upgrade box, with the sword and halo shaved off. The guitar wire? Not sure what gauge, to be honest. I have a pile of the stuff, and I just use what looks best.

@Noctis: Just no pleasing some people, lol. Wait til they're painted, you'll see...

@Leonidus: Thanks, brother!

command squad is looking good brother!

the apothecary's pose is nice, looks like he's running under fire to get to some gene seed :)

but i'm not a fan of the rank insignia of the sergeant. i don't think it fits the "space marine" fluff

and i'd love to see a photo of scimitar dudes new hairdo ^_^

command squad is looking good brother!

the apothecary's pose is nice, looks like he's running under fire to get to some gene seed ;)

Cool, thanks!

but i'm not a fan of the rank insignia of the sergeant. i don't think it fits the "space marine" fluff

See, this is where I generally disagree with the "space marine" fluff, lol. An officer like my Captain should be seperate from the standard chain of command, just like Chaplains, Techmarines, etc. The companies backbone is the NCO's (sergeants for you laymans), so it makes sense to me that there must be a senior NCO who deals with the every day BS that the Captain shouldn't need to be bothered with, allowing him maximum time to accomplish his duties. Thus, a company First Sergeant. And since my MM's are Terran Traditionalists, they adopted this dusty old rank system from Ancient Nord Merica (heh), and it fits them well.

-or-

I like it, so *sticks out tongue* :P

and i'd love to see a photo of scimitar dudes new hairdo :D

Oh, why not...

gallery_37532_5399_250808.png

awesome work, i really like the apothecary and the powerfist guy! both their conversions and poses are so well done, but i dont really like the huge hole in the middle of the last powersword guy cause it makes it look like the blade is about to break in half (or it could just be my eyes >.<)

Archived