Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Sternguard numero tres! And his stolen Celestial Lion bolter...heh heh heh...

gallery_37532_5399_69365.png

gallery_37532_5399_604834.png

gallery_37532_5399_307291.png

As a teaser, I leave you with this guy, my future captain. The wifey got him for me for my birthday (Yes, my wife is awesome, lol). I love this model, and I'm deathly afraid of modifying him in any way, lol.

gallery_37532_5399_69755.png

@Dirty Del: The hair on the last guy was actually the goofy looking Space Wolf mohawk head. I shaved the hair down into a scalp lock, and voila!

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

Edit: Sorry for the crappy pics. Still trying to figure out this new camera.

Great conversion and the stolen bolter is a nice touch as well :P

I'll look forward to seeing what you do with the boarding captain as well. To make him more imposing you could put him on a 40mm (termie) base if you wanted, I think it looks pretty darn cool.

Keep up the great work.

Vulkan

Great updates!

The only possible things you could change on the captain to make him look unique are the head and maybe the backpack. I'm also not sure about your policy on Imperial Eagles on your guys, because most renegade/chaos players like to remove those (at least I do).

Now if you don't care about loosing the general feel or flair of the mini, you could change a lot more of course. ;)

Personally, I would also change the shield for something else, but that's personal preference, because I just don't like huge shields blocking the rest of my miniatures.

The good Captain is a limited edition Games Day 2011 mini from Forgeworld. If you get the Forgeworld newsletter, you probably saw him a few months back. Where the hell my wife got him, I have no bloody clue, and she ain't talking (I'm guessing e-bay though ^_^ ).

@Vulkan454: Is the 40mm legal for his size for tourneys though? I'd hate to get punted for something silly like that. Gnarly idea though, I'll think about it. Thanks for the comments, brother.

@Cathar: But...I like the head and backpack! lol. Seriously though, I'd say he'll be plenty unique without switching out anything. I'm more thinking small lightning bolts on his knees and shoulderplates made from greenstuff. The Aquilla is gonna stay; the Marines Malevolent may not be well loved by the rest of the Imperium, but they're still loyal to the Throne...for now. And as for the shield, It's my favorite part on the mini, short of the horsehair comb on the helm. Hell, his whole command squad will be rocking storm shields too! Pretty much what I'm saying is...I like him too much to mess with him, lol. Thanks for the ideas though, man!

@Mr. Malevolent: Heh, wait till you see was the original owners of my Land Speeder Storm ,lol...

The horse-hair comb would be my next personal no-go, lawl

Now that I look at it again, I would also change the hammer tip, as it looks too hammery and not sci-fi grimdark enough.

Obviously I am unfit to appreciate the work of ForgeWorld.

Just trying to give some input, instead of just saying golly awesome (which you by now know everybody thinks, including me XD)

sternguard three looks nicely battered. the weathering is ace as usual :tu:

and he must have stolen the bolter recently, because it's the only clean part of his armor/arsenal.

@ Cathar: :tu: Thanks for being my Devil's Advocate, brother! The horsehair comb actually fits my homemade fluff, being that my Marines Malevolent are Terran Traditionalists, so the horsehair works well, to mark out my Captain. To be honest, I was gonna put one on the captain I was thinking of scratch building, so he was gonna get it one way or another. I see what you mean about the Hammer, gimme some time, I'll think of something cool...

@Wicced: Thank you, and I'm glad you noticed that his bolter was shiny and new. That's exactly what I was going for, glad it didn't get lost in translation.

From a gaming perspective, a Hammer is a pretty bad choice for the cap'n too, you lose that lovely Inititiave 5.

Unless the guys you game with would be cool counting it as a Relic Blade.

Rule of cool definitely applies though.

Nice to see the 3rd Sternguard has been bashing in Xenos brains as well as his fellow marines. :tu:

@Magicman & Zincite: Already working on a gnarly relic boarding axe, should have a pic up tonite or tomorrow...

@Keyoz: Honestly, I perfer this guys crest. The Ultra's versions look too much like poofy mohawks.

That new one looks mean. Cool stuff heathens.

Haha. Think cautiously before taking a blade to that captain. It was a gift you know.

First time I have seen it. It looks amazing. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Excellent sternguard, heathens, as usual. Like the stolen bolter. This one is looking especially grimey, btw. :devil:

That Captain should prove interesting. If your wife did get him on ebay, there's probably every chance I had bid against her at some point. :P (Unless she used a 'buy-it-now' option...)

Going to use the spare bolter on another sternguard? (You might get away with saying the underslung attachment is a melta and not a grenade launcher.) :D

Have to echo others and say the new sternguard looks great. I also like the celestial lion bolter, there is a surplus of em on Armageddon. Plus, better in the hands of an Astartes than a greenskin. I may have missed the reason for this, but why does he have a black helm?

Looking forward to what you do with the captain, I didn't like it initially but it has grown on me. I also used your combi-melta design, sorry for stealing that...it was too beautiful to pass up.

Very nice man .. the stolen bolter is a very cool touch and adds a little more color to make it stand out. Only thing I'd suggest is hitting the pelt with a few black washes to get the recesses a bit darker to make the higlighted stands pop a little more. That's just me though :D

The Capt looks awesome and I hear ya .. I think it would be hard for me to take a knife to him as well :D .. And if you put him on the larger base he would be illegal for most tourneys, would give him a larger CC area.

I can't take it anymore, someone please send me a box of Forgeworld MKIV Armour!

1000heathens- (scarface or is it Hugh Jackman???) I hate you so much right now!!!!!!

But brotherly/ courteous insults aside... another great mini, full of character and story in one model... love it!

Keep it up and lets see Sturnguard 4!

I can't take it anymore, someone please send me a box of Forgeworld MKIV Armour!

1000heathens- (scarface or is it Hugh Jackman???) I hate you so much right now!!!!!!

But brotherly/ courteous insults aside... another great mini, full of character and story in one model... love it!

Keep it up and lets see Sturnguard 4!

Archived