Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

@Magicman: Yep, LSS Scout bitz for all my scouts, mixed in with some of the old metal bitz and standard pieces, along with some IG pieces. As for the drip-clean knife, you caught me. There's gonna be some dripping blood, lol.

@firestorm40k: Thanks! Glad to be back.

@Lord Ragnarok: Thank you! It's been a challange coming up with ways to make my army unique, with the MM's being so anti-decoration and all. Glad some people are enjoying it!

@DAT: :P

@Brother Fatiswon: True, true. To be honest, I was just going for a cocky swagger though, lol.

@Togusa-san: Thanks for the kind comment! The LPC is a challenge held here on the B & C usually after the holiday season.

@Shortsonfire: The 'white stuff' is Privateer Press modeling putty. The little Green Stufff I had left disappeared during the move, and my new hobby store up here only carried P3, so I went with it. Not too shabby, either. Thanks for the comment!

@Grimdarkness: Ummm...you mean that bit of plastic fuzz at the hilt of the combat knife on the first guy? If so, it already fell off, no sanding needed. Other than that, I'm not quite sure what you mean...

YAY!!! Heathens is back!

Loving the new marines dude! Great poses. WHat weapon load out are these guys gonna have?

Have you had any time to play these guys at all recently?

WELCOME BACK!!!!

@Leonidus: Hah, thanks for the warm welcome, bro! For a loadout on this squad, not really sure yet. I would love to put a Storm Bolter on the Sergeant, just for the hell of it though. Sadly, I haven't gotten to play these guys much yet. So far, I've lost one and won one. Funny enough, that mean ol' Scout-Sergeant R. Lee Ermey has been the badasski of both games, lol. He has 7 Chaos Marines and a Chaos Dread under his belt already. :cuss

@mikhail: Thanks! Keep an eye out, I have a few more old pieces you might recognize coming up soon...

@Melice: Hey bro, got your last message by the way (sorry, I have the short term memory of a goldfish, lol). Thanks! And yes, my dremel gets quite the workout, lol.

@Zincite: Thanks! Yeah, most of my army came through the move intact, just some dings and scratches...nothing some touch up paint won't fix. Sadly though, my Sternguard Vet Sergeant was annihilated, with no chance of recovery.*sigh* Ah well...

Alright, for those of you guys who have followed my thread for a while, you might recognise these two...

gallery_37532_5399_727909.png

gallery_37532_5399_801274.png

gallery_37532_5399_270971.png

Got sick of seeing them in my 'to do' pile, lol.

excellent work man. I absolutely love that heavy flamer marine. He looks like what a real pre heresy terminator would.

However... The other terminator... Idk he just strikes me as kinda off... I think it might be his gun arm is raised too high or something but it just doesn't seem right. It might also be that your pre heresy terminator is so rich with detail and character but the other one just seems somewhat neglected. Sorry, I cant put my finger on it. );

Oh. My. Fizzle.

Those are epic :) Probably some of the best models you've produced yet. Which is quite something when you realise that your previous models are just gorgeous ^_^

Ludovic

@Zincite: Thanks! Yeah, most of my army came through the move intact, just some dings and scratches...nothing some touch up paint won't fix. Sadly though, my Sternguard Vet Sergeant was annihilated, with no chance of recovery.*sigh* Ah well...

Well... "No man that died in the Emperor's service died in vain".

The Terminators are really nice. As Noctus said though, the one on the left looks a little odd. His gaze is off, he's gazing one way and pointing his gun another. I think the fact both his base and his armour are barer than normal also diminishes him a little. Perhaps add a skull or something to his base to add some detail?

To dissect your newly painted model. :D

Looking forward to seeing these in person at some point. :D

Just FYI, Hobbycraft in the Dimond Center definitely carries Green Stuff if you're looking for that. Also, 20% off GW and 10% anything else for Military. Become established on the local forms (LINK!) it's instead 15% off. Hopefully we'll get our miniature gaming club back up and going so this distinction will be more codified.

Love the Terminators! They look grubby as hell and more awesome for it.

However... The other terminator... Idk he just strikes me as kinda off... I think it might be his gun arm is raised too high or something but it just doesn't seem right. It might also be that your pre heresy terminator is so rich with detail and character but the other one just seems somewhat neglected. Sorry, I cant put my finger on it. );

Ah man im the opposite, i think the heavy flamer dude looks bland next to the other guy.

Its like a Carnifex or Daemon prince has suddenly bust through a wall or something and he just beckons them on, storm bolter blazing.

I'm glad that the move went well and that you are working on your army and posting pics. I am a little annoyed though, every time you post something new I get the urge to obtain the same bitz that you are using. I just ordered the armor through the ages box just to get that MKIV helmet. My local shop owner loves the extra money so keep up the good work.

I'm glad that the move went well and that you are working on your army and posting pics. I am a little annoyed though, every time you post something new I get the urge to obtain the same bitz that you are using. I just ordered the armor through the ages box just to get that MKIV helmet. My local shop owner loves the extra money so keep up the good work.

I say your store owner should send Heathens a trophy, "for his enormous contribution to this years sales" :no:

I say your store owner should send Heathens a trophy, "for his enormous contribution to this years sales" :P

He should send you both awards for "Most Inspiring of Compulsive Purchases." Luckily for me the owner is also a friend of mine for fifteen years so I have a running tab/layaway plan. I just give him any spare money I have every week and he applies the cash to anything I have ordered recently. If I don't owe him money when I give it too him he puts it on my account and uses it towards future orders. He places a Forge World order about once a month when he has enough orders to get free shipping so I am slowly stocking up on delicious resin as well.

Nice to see you back man .. glad you made it intact .. :)

The first guy gives me the whole ARRRnold in Pred look.. I know I'm BA, want to test me? But I'd have to say the second guy is my fav. I really dig the Combat Knife, nice positioning fo sho. Also really digging the heavy flamer Termie looks awesome, as Noctus said his brother looks a little off.. maybe it's his Bolter isn't at eye level or just his leg position. His paint looks good just something about the way he's standing haha

Looking forward to seeing some more beat down marines soon! Keep them coming :D

I love the very subtle conversions on the Termi, the raised leg, the powerfist and the chaos chestplate (that is from the chaos kit right?) I personally may have gone for black fingers on the PF I think. Although looking again Im not so sure. The Heavyflamer looks good but the PF/SB guy is my fav.

Having read these thread in one hit, this is such an inspiration.

I really like the battle worn look you have going for them. My Imperial Fists are similar, but not quite as damaged, but still the result you have achieved looks amazing.

Ive got a question for you Heathens, all the one-handed bolter arms, are they just pistol arms etc with the guns cut off?

Just im trying to find decent arms for my dudes without chopping up all my pistol arms, wondered if i was missing something important. Hah.

@Noctus: Thanks bro. The more modern Termie I think looks less ornate simply because the new armour is far more streamlined and 'assembly line' like, whereas the Crusade termie plate was built like an artform by the Mechanicus in those days. It was really unintentional, just worked out that way, lol.

@DaemonPrince, Battle-Brother Ludovic, Brother Melice, Mr. Malevolent: Thanks!

@Zincite and everyone else: Honestly, I've been staring at the Termie alot lately, but I'm just not seeing the arm being off. Maybe the camera angle was off? Huh, just not sure...could be I'm just getting old and my eyesight is shot, lol. Probably related to staring at tiny little plastic men...

@Vilicate: Promise, I'll stop in sooner rather than later, lol. Thanks for the comments!

@MagicMan: 'Come get it!' was pretty much what I was going for on the termie, lol. As for the one handed bolter arms, they are all sorts, just depending on what I can get to work...chainsword arms, Plasma pistol arms, etc, etc. Whatever feels right, really. Thanks!!

@Mikhail: Oh, wait til you see the Flamer marine for this squad and his old Mk. V helm, lol. Thanks, man! Always happy to inspire others

@SincaiN: Holy Crap, you're alive, lol! Good to see you man, and thanks!

@Biohazard: Yep, Chaos Termie chestplate. Thanks!

@Brother Syth: Thanks, bro! Your Fists are looking pretty good too, love that Captain of yours!

@Brother Pheidias: Not sure about the 'Supremacist' part (kinda negative connotations), but I get what you mean, lol. Thanks for the comment!

Anyhow, onward. Next up is the Scholar-Brother for III Squad. I'm pretty proud of how he turned out, hope y'all think the same.

gallery_37532_5399_1407717.png

Next, the Flamer Marine for III. An old quote popped in my head while making this fella, from a Flamethrower gunner in WWII: "The only thing worse than runnin' outta fuel for my tanks, is runnin' around with full ones." Heh, so I guess this guys either lucky, or pissed, depending on your point of view...

gallery_37532_5399_712622.png

Comments and constructive critisism welcome, as always!!!

Archived