Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Took a bit of a hiatus, had some family friends come down to visit, including my best friend and his horde of Death Guard. We played a small 1000 pt game, and I'm proud to say that my MM came out on top. Badass of the game went to my Scout-Sergeant Arlee, who killed 4 Plague Marines, and gutted a Chaos Dread in hand-to-hand, then went on to contest an objective, sealing the win. And yes, the whole time, I was quoting 'full metal jacket' lines to my friends' annoyance, lol.

You should rebuild the base of the scout sergeant so he stands on a half buried dread sarcophagus and a pile of Death Guard helmets or shoulderpads :D

New Marines look ace again. The weapons are especially fine.

@Olisredan: I'm not sure what gague the chains are, they're just a bunch of loose necklaces my wife gave me when she was cleaning out her jewelry box. Work pretty well though. Yeah, I've had that LE backpack laying around for a bit, figured I'd use it, lol. Thanks for the comments!

@Goose: Funny you mention that pic (which is my fav SM art ever), it inspiried me to begin this whole project in the first place. I wanted to model one guy to look like that as a nod to the old CoD artwork; glad you noticed that! The second guy didn't lose his lightning bolt, it is there, just very small. There isn't a whole lot of room on the Mk. IV faceplate to work with, so I just did the best I could.

@MagicMan: Yes sir, that head was an ol' Iron Warrior helm I bartered for. Thanks for the comments!

@Tutteman: Steal away, man. Thanks!

@hushrong: I was pretty impressed with the ol' Scout-Sgt too, he my favorite now, lol. Thanks brother!

@Mr. Malevolent, Chapter Master Kanithon, SincaiN, Reyner, Nighthunters, Vairocanum, Nathaniel: Thanks alot for your praise, guys, I really apprieciate it!

@Cathar the great: That's...actually a pretty dang good idea! Thanks bro!

fantastic sternguard brother :tu:

i love the dynamic poses and the countless little details.

you never cease to amaze man :woot:

can't wait for the next update...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the looooong delay, ladies and gents. Life is a bit hectic right now, getting the family ready to move to Alaska (No joke!) shortly. Already scouted out a few LGS up there too, lol. My updates will probably get a bit more sporatic as the move date gets closer, then I'll drop off the face of the planet for about a month or two during the move. Just to warn y'all. Anyhow, new update! This Sternguard was my ode to the old art in Cities of Death, of an Astral Claw fighting in the rubble of the Palace of Thorns. That pic inspired this whole freakin' army, so it seemed right to build a guy that looked like that Marine. I was trying a few new things with this guy, namely the lightning bolt tattoo under the left eye, and a new skin tone. Never made sense to me that a fleet based chapter would be all white guys, since they're supposed to pick up recruits anywhere they dang well please, so I'm trying all sorts of skin tones. I was going for a bit of a 'Navajo Warrior' feel to him, let me know what you think!

gallery_37532_5399_799335.png

gallery_37532_5399_228854.png

gallery_37532_5399_12469.png

stunning work brother!

I didn't know the last of the mohicans had a combi weapon, but it suits him way better than a tomahawk ;)

and don't go all space wolf on us when you're in alsaka man :D

He looks awesome man. He really looks like he's moving, your guys are put together with a lot of thought man.

Alaska? Wow. Well with all the snow u should have plenty of time for some painting. 8)

Lookin' vuurry fiiiiine Sir! I was about to say the tanned skin reminded me of the descriptions of the early prototype Space Marines (which included the scalp lock) so that is definitely a plus in tying the vets to wanting to be like the originals.

Looking forward to more!

-cough- And your Sons of Malice, when will we be seeing them? -cough- :lol:

@Pulse: Thanks!

@Wolffan: Thank you...And he doen't wait in traffic, he picks up compact cars and chucks 'em like frisbees, lol.

@Olisredan: As soon as the Sternguard, their Razorback, a LS Storm, and my Chaplain are done, I'll post another army shot, promise.

@Magicman: Thanks!

@Wicced: Dang! A Power Tomahawk would've been awesome! Ah well, next time. No, no Space Wolves for me, lol.

@Natanael: Lol, thanks!

@Firestorm: Glad you like it, thanks!

@SincaiN:I really try to get varied, lifelike poses with all my guys, glad you like 'em!

@Dirtydel: Lets see... Base of Skull White, then Vermin Brown. Wash with Ogryn Flesh, re-highlight with Vermin Brown, then final highlights with a 50/50 mix of Vermin Brown/Dwarf Flesh. Just let me know if you run into any issues, I'd be glad to help.

@Goose: Exactly what I was going for, thank you. And the Sons will get some love soon, just waiting on parts right now.

@War Angel: Lol, thanks!

@Olisredan: As soon as the Sternguard, their Razorback, a LS Storm, and my Chaplain are done, I'll post another army shot, promise.

It's okay, dude, I'm patient. It's your army, I can wait. :(

That guy is awesome 1000heathens and my only complaint is that there is TOO MUCH awesome on one mini!

I may have to 'permanently borrow' your combi bolter design for some sternguard as well!

Archived