Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Awesome It's like a "sleeper" power car. It may not look shiny and fast, but its got a Engine in it that could crush a Rhino and will smoke your neighbors new corvette. I would drive it especially sense i wouldn't need to wash off the blood. :D

Great to see some more work on the real hardmen (as far as the Imperium is concerned) of the 41st millenium! Personally I was hopping that you'd be tempted by the new Chaos minis... Your work on the the Reavers thread was awesome! One day you'll come around and realise that IWs are the way to go :)

Damn, that's a lot of comments! Thanks for the warm welcome back guys!

@Furioso: Good to be back. Mock me if you wish, but eventually these fella's will be table-ing you, so I'd be nice if I were you.... :P

@Talthus: You were close man, TDA is spot on. Which mark, though? Heh heh heh.

@Darth: Thanks man, glad my attempt to make a brutal Pred came through.

@Syth: To be fair, I just made up the pattern name, it's not for reals. Thanks!

@Mordent, Midnight, Ludovic, Firestorm: Thanks a bunch, glad you like! Good to be back at these guys.

@Longfang: Thanks man! What ever happened to your MM's?

@Excedis: Thank you! As for my Reavers, not sure yet. I'll make a final decision when the CSM codex comes out. Right now though, I got no inspiration to carry on with them at this time.

First off is a tale of two tragedies. During my move to Alaska, and the insane trip up the AlCan, a number of my mini's didn't quite make the trip. My beloved MM Sternguard bit it, as well as an old conversion I had done for Chapter Master Ignis Domus. So, I combined their battered bodies into one awesome form to make my reborn Sternguard Sergeant...

gallery_37532_5399_2867.jpg

gallery_37532_5399_21484.jpg

Next, Hero-Captain Mikal Anicetus got himself an upgrade for 6th edition... :devil:

gallery_37532_5399_13349.jpg

gallery_37532_5399_37224.jpg

gallery_37532_5399_33315.jpg

Last, I've been asked a few times how I did the recent rust/weathering on the Pred, so here you go:

First, get a sponge and tear it's edge to make it irregular; the kind that used to come out of the pewter blister packs works wonderful, but alternates can be found in the hobby sections of Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer, K-Mart, etc. Next choose a color for chipping; try to find a color that is darker than your basecoat, but not brown as the rust will blend right in with the chipping. Next, dip a corner into the paint, and then wipe most it off. Dab it over the areas you want chipped, leaving the original color showing in spots. After this dries, use some boltgun metal and a very fine brush to paint within the chipped areas; ensure to leave an 'edge' of black around the metal color. Next a wash of my homemade 'rust coloring: I took an empty jar, and filled it to quarter way with 1/3 blazing orange, 1/3 scab red, and 1/4 dark flesh; then filled the 3/4 left in the jar with good ol' tap water. It'll look a little bright at first, but the following steps will darken it. A little bit goes a long way visually, so use it sparingly, and only on the bare metal. After that dries, I use a very watered down Dark Flesh, and a very fine brush... wipe most the paint off, and paint thin smeared, streaked lines downward from some of the rusted areas; the more rust, the more streaking. Again, don't use it everywhere. Finally, I rub Tamiya weathering powder (rust) over the entire model. I like Tamiya, because it's more brown than orange. Now, just seal it with a matte sealer, and you're done.

See y'all again soon!

Awesome! That sergeant looks great, and the new Captain looks snazzy. I'm really digging the chain glaive. Is it going to count as a relic blade then? And your previous question, while I hoped for Cataphractii for these guys, are you going with the MkV TDA/Tyberos look for his retinue? Can't wait for more!

Amazing as always! What head is that sitting atop Brother Andino's fine shoulders?

Edit: Biohazard nailed it. Surprised such a wicked looking head comes in the GK termie box set.

Well, I am off to ebay!

The pose of the Terminator is epic, so congrats for that, but I'm not keen on the head (doesn't feel right on a MM) and the CML conversion... I just don't like it, sadly B)

But that's just me, after all ;)

Keep 'em coming!

Ludovic

Now I have to admit, being a Black Dragon I have some rivalry with the Marines Malevolent B) but I must admit that this thread has some stunning models on display!! 'Old Bill' is probably the best painted Space Marine vehicle I have ever seen, huge congrats to you 1000heathens.

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

My Counts-As Cyclone Missle Launcher

Brother Andino, armed with a D'Troi Hive (Nord Merica) pattern Anti-Material Cannon.

gallery_37532_5399_23089.jpg

gallery_37532_5399_31176.jpg

Whump. You're dead.

;)

nice it kind of reminds me of nemesis from resident evil with the no nonsense stance staaaaarrsss ;)

ah at last, the "arch loyalist" is back :D

i'm loving that sarge and the terminator with the chainglaive :tu:

brother andino looks cool and i very much like his anti-material cannon!

one nitpick though, the purity seal on the cannon front points to the right, while the leather straps on his belt swing to his left. looks a little odd in my opinion.

Looks great 1000heathens! The mounted storm bolter really came out well, as at times I've had trouble mounting a custom one on that fits perfectly like that. The 'missile system' itself looks chunky, and I love the shield on the front.

Archived