Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

I'm slightly mystified to the fact he has his BFG (clearly Battle Fleet Gothic ^_^ ), and then he also has a little stormbolter. Why does he have an extra weapon - the stormbolter - in a chapter that can barely keep the armor on their backs? Otherwise, awesome as usual, really, really really like the heavy weapon :ph34r:

I think the point, thirst, was he wanted to keep his model accurate to the rules of 'WYSIWYG' .

He looks really kick-ass Heathens. He's got this old school mech-warrior vibe going on. Its awesome.

Can't wait to see more. :tu:

I'm slightly mystified to the fact he has his BFG (clearly Battle Fleet Gothic :P ), and then he also has a little stormbolter. Why does he have an extra weapon - the stormbolter - in a chapter that can barely keep the armor on their backs? Otherwise, awesome as usual, really, really really like the heavy weapon :tu:

BFG= "Door Knocker"-class Anti-material Cannon.

Instructions:

1.) Point.

2.) Squeeze trigger.

3.) Laugh, roar or other suitable battle-cry.

4.) Repeat.

As Noctus Cornix said, I think it was an attempt to make sure the model fit within the constraints of the rules.

Besides, who doesn't like to punch things while hitting them with an oil-can sized gauntlet wreathed in an armor-rending power field and simultaneously shooting them with a very large caliber weapon? :tu:

@furioso, wythre, benji, daemonclaw,: Thanks, gents!

@Ludovic: *shrug* Can't win 'em all, I guess. I consider myself one of my harshest critics, and I'm in love with the Anti-Material Cannon. Ah well, thanks anyway, man.

@Ego: Some rivalry? My Demi-Legio would do anything to get their hands around your mutant necks, freak. Death to the impure!! (Oh, and thanks for the comments! :P )

@Kvlt Ghost: Covered a page back, brother. Here ya go! BTW, I'm a huge fan of your work, so thank you for such wonderful mini's!

First, get a sponge and tear it's edge to make it irregular; the kind that used to come out of the pewter blister packs works wonderful, but alternates can be found in the hobby sections of Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer, K-Mart, etc. Next choose a color for chipping; try to find a color that is darker than your basecoat, but not brown as the rust will blend right in with the chipping. Next, dip a corner into the paint, and then wipe most it off. Dab it over the areas you want chipped, leaving the original color showing in spots. After this dries, use some boltgun metal and a very fine brush to paint within the chipped areas; ensure to leave an 'edge' of black around the metal color. Next a wash of my homemade 'rust coloring: I took an empty jar, and filled it to quarter way with 1/3 blazing orange, 1/3 scab red, and 1/4 dark flesh; then filled the 3/4 left in the jar with good ol' tap water. It'll look a little bright at first, but the following steps will darken it. A little bit goes a long way visually, so use it sparingly, and only on the bare metal. After that dries, I use a very watered down Dark Flesh, and a very fine brush... wipe most the paint off, and paint thin smeared, streaked lines downward from some of the rusted areas; the more rust, the more streaking. Again, don't use it everywhere. Finally, I rub Tamiya weathering powder (rust) over the entire model. I like Tamiya, because it's more brown than orange. Now, just seal it with a matte sealer, and you're done.

@Wicced: *looks at mini* Well, I'll be damned! Good eyes, man, I'll make sure to fix that, thanks!

@Kol: Hard to say "my spleen" when you've been scatterd across an acre of land, in pieces, lol.

@Syth: Thanks man! I used a round file to slowly shape the bottom of the SB until it fit nicely. Love the Fellblade, btw!

@Death given form: Thanks...I think? :tu:

@DAT: As Noctis said, it was an issue of WYSIWYG. Honestly, I didn't want to add the SB, but the rules state I have one with a "Cyclone" launcher. Thanks man!

@Noctis: Thanks, brother; glad you like him!

@Ego: Some rivalry? My Demi-Legio would do anything to get their hands around your mutant necks, freak. Death to the impure!! (Oh, and thanks for the comments! ;) )

Lol, ok I'll rephrase that to HUGE rivalry!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah talk is cheap. The Marines Malevolent give it all the big 'I am' but are in actual fact cowards, as highlighted in the Chapter Approved Cursed Founding, Black Dragons section - "... there are many recorded instances of other Space Marine Chapters (notably the Dark Angels and the MARINES MALEVOLENT) refusing to fight alongside them." :P

If only you didnt live across the pond, we could have settled this despute once and for all lol :D

Getting back to seriousness and on topic, any more updates on Brother Andino? Will you be making a whole squad of Anti-Material Cannon Terminators (would look very kick-ass)?

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

The IA has it all wrong, man. We'd happily fight alongside your Chapter of genetic deviants. Matter of fact, you can take the lead.... :D Also noted in Salamander, aboard Captain Vinyars' flagship, there is a Black Dragon helm atop his pile of trophies. Just so you understand your fate, gene-spill....

Anyhow, no; no updates yet, and no way will I be making a whole squad of 'em. Just one more, that's all bro.

The IA has it all wrong, man. We'd happily fight alongside your Chapter of genetic deviants. Matter of fact, you can take the lead.... :devil: Also noted in Salamander, aboard Captain Vinyars' flagship, there is a Black Dragon helm atop his pile of trophies. Just so you understand your fate, gene-spill....

Yet another shining example of cowardice by trying to gun us down from behind :P just face the mutant head on and welcome your deaths!!

Oh, and Im sure the helmet was just a Marines Malevolent helmet sprayed black :P

Anyhow, no; no updates yet, and no way will I be making a whole squad of 'em. Just one more, that's all bro.

Fair enough mate. Will be watching out for when those updates come.

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

Nothing cowardly about putting down a bunch of rabid dogs like the Black Dragons. It's for their own good; better than to let you animals suffer.

I make ill of those assumptions. I must say though, I'm a bit surprised that the Marines Malevolent do not paint their torso's yellow too.... :P

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

Just a suggestion mate, but I've always thought that the Legion of the Damned model with the cracked helmet would fit in amazingly well with the theme for the Marines Malevolent. Would look awesome to see that donned on a sergeant!

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

Already done a long time ago, makes a sweet chaplain...

gallery_37532_5399_600821.png

Just a suggestion mate, but I've always thought that the Legion of the Damned model with the cracked helmet would fit in amazingly well with the theme for the Marines Malevolent. Would look awesome to see that donned on a sergeant!

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

Already done a long time ago, makes a sweet chaplain...

"snip"

Wait, does he not mean the lefty marine with the helm that's half skull?

@ 1000heathens - quality Chaplain mate! :)

@ The Colossus - yup I was thinking along the lines of the cracked helmet with the revealed skull.

Never mind, I thought it was a cool idea in terms of the fluff with the Marines Malevolent lack of armour supplies, I thought the cracked skull would be a fitting style. How come you would never use that helmet?

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

Never mind, I thought it was a cool idea in terms of the fluff with the Marines Malevolent lack of armour supplies, I thought the cracked skull would be a fitting style. How come you would never use that helmet?

All good, man. I have a few reasons not to use it: First, I have a grand total of 0 Mk VII helms and 2 Mk VII chestplates in my army, both scavenged. I like the look it gives my army, plus it helps match the fluff created by Mr. Kyme, which shows a heavy preference towards older gear (primarily Mk. VI). Second, it's the mindset I imagine for my company (or as I call it, my Centuria). My guys believe they are the spiritual heirs to the legacy of the Thunder Warriors, who they view as the Emperor's last true sons. Never once did they fail, or falter, and died in their entirety to create His realm. Wargear from that era, and from the early Crusade, before the Primarchs were found and ruined everything (in their opinion) are treated as heirlooms; everything else is treated as a tool. A filthy, battered tool is still a tool, and useful. A broken tool is no longer useful, so is stripped for parts and cast aside. A helm in that condition would fall under my Centuria's Laws of Survival, judged ineffective for warmaking, and thus a weakness. Our gear is beaten and worn from centuries of constant conflict, but is still combat effective despite appearances. Third... that's a big freakin' skull section showing, lol. The warrior wearing that helm would fall under the Laws of Survival as well, and either would be retrained as an armour or ship crewman if possible, or stripped of equipment and useful organs, and executed with honour.

Anyhow, on to the update. My detail brush is toast, so until I can get out this weekend to get a new one, all painting has halted. So, I'm focusing on modelling 'til then. This next fella is an ode to my best friend, a person who is the closest I've ever had to a brother, and who at this time is out in Afghanistan. This one's for you, man. Wish I was out there with you. My MM's will be waiting for your damned Death Guard, bro. :)

Brother-Lieutenant Nikolas, leader of Tris Squad and second in command of the IV Centuria.

gallery_37532_5399_24388.jpg

gallery_37532_5399_7763.jpg

Archived