Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

The tutorial is on pg. 1, post #17. If you run into any issues, just PM me and I'll help where I can. Thanks for the comments, and I agree about the hair. I'll try a slight highlight around the edges when I get back home.

@Everyone: Thanks for all the comments and support, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I'll have some pics up tomorrow of some reinforcements from santa, lol.

The tutorial is on pg. 1, post #17. If you run into any issues, just PM me and I'll help where I can. Thanks for the comments, and I agree about the hair. I'll try a slight highlight around the edges when I get back home.

@Everyone: Thanks for all the comments and support, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I'll have some pics up tomorrow of some reinforcements from santa, lol.

what can we expect? =)

Santa loves me! One set of Mk. V power armour, a set of 'phobos' pattern bolters, and lugft huron himself! I'm a little terrified, cuz the Forgeworld Huron is such a bad-asski model I don't really want to convert him,lol! But converted he will be...I now have the makings of the Marines Malevolent Lord Commander (Chapter Master). Also, I got Call of Duty: Black Ops...so my miniatures will probably be a little slower in the making, sorry. :devil:

Edit: @Zincite: Bikes are on the way. I only have three on hand right now, though.

@zxyogi: My only problem is that using Lugft as a counts-as generic Chapter Master seems...wrong. I'm thinking of casting his claw, and modifying it for his left arm too...meh, I'll come up with some better ideas when I get back home.

@ Cpt. JJ@ I'm suprised to hear that, actually. I'm a sucker for multi-player, that's where I end up playing so long, I only realize it's morning cuz my living room gets brighter, lol. Anyhow, I also got Fallout 3, and that's a guarrenteed long game.

As mentioned before, I recieved a shiny new box of Mk. V Plate for Christmas, and I am planning to break up the pieces across the rest of my army, buuuuut.....I couldn't resist doing at least one complete suit, unmodified and untouched. So, a WIP shot...

gallery_37532_5399_700212.png

I was gonna finish my scout squad, but I think I'm gonna wait until I pick up a LS Storm, primarily for all the extra goodies for said scouts. So, I'll work on the next couple of squads until the tax returns come in. Maybe I'll even fit in a bike...

Happy new year!!!

Nicely done, brother. Can't wait to see what you have in mind for the Mk5 armours. Really wondering what you are going to do to Huron, lol.

How has the brainstorming coming for fluff ideas? I've been scatter brained lately. Tried taking pictures of the custom parts that i had made and they are not coming out. I think it might be the camera, but it could be operator problems too, lol. It could be lighting also, don't know.

Good lookin' fella right there.

Btw I wish you the best of luck with converting Lugft Huron, I look forward to seeing how it goes. I got my first Forgeworld model the other day (Death Korps of Krieg Rough Rider, oh yeeeah) and the resin is incredibly brittle! I can't cut anything, it all just snaps off :( if it's going better with you, any advice would be appreciated! :P

...and the resin is incredibly brittle! I can't cut anything, it all just snaps off :) if it's going better with you, any advice would be appreciated! :)

*Barges in*

Hmm, really? Is resin only for super-converters then? Is it a bad idea for me to save up for that DA Vendread that looks so cool then? B)

First Marine of 2nd squad complete in all his Mk. V awesomeness...

gallery_37532_5399_248157.png

gallery_37532_5399_697405.png

gallery_37532_5399_782208.png

gallery_37532_5399_1055129.png

and a WIP shot of the next two fellas...

gallery_37532_5399_568407.png

@everyone: thank you for all the comments. Y'all keep me motivated, seriously, lol.

@Varen: I ain't gonna lie, I haven't worked much on the fluff. COD: Black Ops is eating my brain, lol. I got some ideas for the scouts/inductees, but they're half-formed ideas yet. I'll let you know, bro.

@goose & Zincite: Oh god, definetly buy forgeworld if you got the cash, man! The difficulty of working with resin is totally offset by the level of detail you get. The trick is to be gentle. If you're shaving something, use the file softly. If you're using a razor like me, cut thin slices off at a time. If you look at the WIP pic above, the fella on the left has an arm from the Red Scorpions set. The sword was warped beyond use, but I gently cut away at the blade and handle until it was flush with the hand. Thin slices, bro. I cut the arm higher up by his armpit to twist the fist around like he's about to punch someone across the room. I cut all the way around the arm instead of just trying to chop clean through it. Slow steady rocking motions until the blade made it through. Just go slow, and it'll work out great.

Greeting brothers,

Great work, heathens. I love the Mk5 look. I was planning to use the Mk5 armour for devastators due to the info on the armour type. That bolter on the Mk5 marine is totally awsome. Love the chain boynet.

Just shot me the ideas when ready, heathens. I've been going back and forth on ideas that i really haven't got that far, lol. Talk about being scatter brained, lol.

Oh God, What have I done?!?

I, 1000heathens of the Marines Malevolent, vow on the eternal hatred of my Crusade to paint and present at least a 10-Marine Tactical Squad, a Rhino, and a converted Venerable Dreadnought on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Did I really just say that? Damn....I did.... :)

Alright, my project is being re-organized now, to fit in with this vow. For starters, the Mk. V marine has been shifted to third squad, and the two WIP above are now a part of the vow. And I have to begin green-stuff work on the dread I've been putting off for a year. So, as proof that the 2 WIP guys have not gone above the '50% done' limit, I re-present them (unassembled), along with another WIP, the old man. I'm still not sure about the bearded head...opinions?

gallery_37532_5399_3187273.png

I think the bearded head looks fine. Paint a scar over one eye and have that eye all white, and he'll look grizzled and angry, haha.

And dude, the guy in the studded armour, orgasmic. Can't wait to see what you've got next. One thing i thought i could point out is that a bit of gloss varnish over the lenses could really make them look like glass, but i don't know if you have 'Ardcoat or whatever its called...

Archived