This is the Liber Astartes, PART II

Shinzaren

So much effort to kill one Typo... I just use my Spell Check Bolter. ;)

Not all of us can trade Spine Flails to the AdMech for shiny toys, though. :P

I take care of typos the Codex-Approved way - with a chainaxe to the face. ;)

And Reyner, I wouldn't worry. A Typo in a room full of veteran Liberites has the same life expectancy as a daemon asking a room full of Custodes 'Which way to the Emperor?'

But what if it starts to mutate and clone us?! BURN EVERYTHING ARGH :D

@Hrvat: That is an epic quote, but it does not beat: "EAT BOLTGUN!" *imagines a Marine smashing the barrel of his bolter into an Orks face, teeth flying everywhere then the reassuring bang with red and green chunks flying all over*

So much effort to kill one Typo... I just use my Spell Check Bolter. ;)

Not all of us can trade Spine Flails to the AdMech for shiny toys, though. :lol:

I take care of typos the Codex-Approved way - with a chainaxe to the face. :P

And Reyner, I wouldn't worry. A Typo in a room full of veteran Liberites has the same life expectancy as a daemon asking a room full of Custodes 'Which way to the Emperor?'

But what if it starts to mutate and clone us?! BURN EVERYTHING ARGH :lol:

well thats simple. if that happens we break out the shotguns and blast everything in sight. see...shotguns wont penetrate hull armor or destroy anything too vital....and in mass quantities it is rather hard to dodge....

Ha! Genius addition Aquilanus! Looking forward to the fight.

This daemon doesn't stand a chance though :lol: Ace and I both wield Liber Board of Combative Actions Approved Chainaxes, in addition to our other weapons, which for me include my Femur Nunchaku, made from the femurs of those who have disregarded established fluff. I believe Ace still wields his Power Paintbrush, in addition to the standard Liber Bowling Ball and his assorted bionic armaments. Heru's Spine Flail would be there, as well as Ferrata's Melta, if the fight gets large enough to attract his attention. This isn't even taking into account Sigismund Himself's Force Bowling Ball and the assorted wicked and deadly weapons my fellow Council members bring with them.

Long story short, this daemon better bring it!

Mmm, Shin has a point there, maybe it should be a Typo Graeter Deoman? Also, I'm starting to wonder if (even among a group of people who write detailed and extensive histories about their little plastic men) you guys have way too much time on your hands!

Madness this way lies.... :lol:

Edit: To be clear, I'm totally kidding, this stuff is great fun, keep writing everyone! :lol:

I call dibs on the Power Showel :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brother Hrvat was standing at attention before the gilded gates of the council chamber. The commotion inside was growing ever louder. A naughty smirk danced on his lips as he caressed the mighty Shovelizer. “Soon my little friend” he growled silently “soon they will call for us.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cookie for the one that gets the reference :lol:

I believe Ace still wields his Power Paintbrush, in addition to the standard Liber Bowling Ball and his assorted bionic armaments.

No such thing as power paintbrushes, old chap. Maybe you're thinking of the twin-linked paintbrush, which isn't actually all that good.

So, just the old Codex-approved throwing chainaxe for me. :confused:

This isn't even taking into account Sigismund Himself's Force Bowling Ball

The irony of a member named after the first Black Templar, wielding a force weapon typical of him and his Librarian brethren ;)

Fate works in funny ways... And I do enjoy the irony ;)

I'm amazed my mug is still remembered in these parts, it's been a while since I was even halfway active. Good to see the community's still going strong :D Now get back to critiquing!

Maybe we should just make actual models for ourselves? Or just one step down from that, and post what a model of us would look like, with wargear and such.

If we are going to describe what we all do in various "TitLA" activities, would it be better if everyone just posted something along the lines of model and wargear, that way we all know what the others have to fight with? I never heard of a power paintbrush or power bowling ball before this, but that's the kind of thing I need to know if my character is dancing around behind the Liber Council's backs doing renegade things and running from Octabat! :P Since this is Liber, I should just point out that usual one-codex-only rules don't apply, and give ourselves all kind of weapons and whatnot! (At least us renegades can! You with masters can obey the whims of said masters! :P )

Something like this:

[explanation]

Character: Omega - Space Marine Epistolary

Specific Faction: Dornian Heresy Ultramarines

Wargear

Weapons:Wrist mounted TL-Plasma Rifle, Force Polesaw (Force halberd and Chainfist combo, like one of these)

Armor Systems: Ultramarine/Tau Artificer/Stealth Armor, w/Jetpack and Vectored retro-thrusters

Support Systems: Hard Wired targetting array/signum

Psyker power: Gate of Infinity, Quickening

Special Rules: Hit and Run, Stealth, Expert Gater (+3 to overcome enemy denial of psyker ability Gate of Infinity), Loner (may not join squads)

Usual combat doctrine: stay at maximum range and pepper with the plasma, then when the enemy is wounded enough, gate in for the kill with the force weapon. If resistance is too great, or if the enemy is superior (aka OctaBat), flee the scene of battle.

The character I wanted was basically the best thing I could come up with for a mobile harasser on the tabletop, using the Dornian Heresy efforts from way back as a launch point. (The DH is actually what attracted me to the Liber boards in the first place, way back when I was a serious lurker) Combined a bunch of my favorite Tau/DH Ultramarines stuff. Can GoI every turn, and can get out of melee if I want to, with quickening and the VRT. One custom rule to emphasize focus on GoI as an escape tool, one custom rule for loner status, one unique piece of wargear (a libby's force weapon with an extra 1d6 on vehicles). Not quite a god on the tabletop, but an excellent sneaky thorn in the Liber councils' collective side!

[/explanation]

So basically give us base codex, faction, wargear, combat doctrines, and a bit of a character exposition, like how you see yourself in the Liber.

Wow, so I actually sucked myself into my own idea, there. <_< Was actually kind of fun. Thing has a life of it's own now. :(

Okay, that did get away from me, but now you all have an idea of what Omega is capable of. Feel free to include the above in any stories in this or any other "TitLA" threads!

EDIT: spelling and other grammar mutations

EDIT EDIT: Note to self: find a better acronym than "TitLA"

Maybe we should just make actual models for ourselves? Or just one step down from that, and post what a model of us would look like, with wargear and such.

I'd look awesome.

As for wargear, yeah, I'd probably have some. :lol:

So basically give us base codex, faction, wargear, combat doctrines, and a bit of a character exposition, like how you see yourself in the Liber.

Given that I don't have any codexes, and don't actually play 40k so much as I just collect the models and read odd bits about it, I'm gonna have to pretty much give this idea a miss. :ph34r:

frankly im far more amused by the interpretations of members described in the bits so far placed here. some i think are pretty close, others seem a little off (i snarl and demand obedience? wonder where that came from?), but could be situational. I dont think giving a script/profile for the personas incorporated here would benefit the primary authors...but thats just me...

besides. this whole bit is (i hope) a light hearted attempt at some fun, describing some of the members/frequenters to this section of the forum in various (un)likely situations....i should hope its not intended as a serious reflection of us and our activities or thought processes....

Nerts!<

A NERT! Alarm-alarm, Brothers there a NERT in here!

Brother DK2K: "I spotted a TYPO in the liber!, all man there choise arsenal, and prepare for battle with this diabolical Xenos called a Nert!

* aims trusty Infernus pistol in direction of said Nert, grips his power plunger gifted to him by the Excetors Chapter. His boot grind on the floor of the liber halls with tension , as DK2K stand forward ready to launch forward with his single thruster jump pack...

Nerts!<

Brother DK2K: "I spotted a TYPO in the liber!, all man there choise arsenal, and prepare for battle with this diabolical Xenos called a Nert!

* aims trusty Infernus pistol in direction of said Nert, grips his power plunger gifted to him by the Excetors Chapter. His boot grind on the floor of the liber halls with tension , as DK2K stand forward ready to launch forward with his single thruster jump pack...

Looks like you've been infected by the typo too. <_<

Nerts!<

Looks like you've been infected by the typo too. ;)

where at is the Typo ready to be cleansed Heru?

Nerts!<

Looks like you've been infected by the typo too. :P

where at is the Typo ready to be cleansed Heru?

"there choise"

Should be "their choice".

Choise specifically isn't a word, and thus a typo!

when is the next addition to the Liber Dept story, c'mon this thread makes my day at work go by faster with comedy.

Oh, very well.

Since it's almost Christmas. ;)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= The Moderati =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The door slammed shut, the sound echoing across the high, vaulted halls in which dwelled the most feared of the Liber - the Moderati.

Unlike the other rooms of the Liber, this room was contained atop a great flight of a thousand and one stairs. Each stair was said to be made from the bones of failed scribes, although of course that was nothing more than absurd rumour. The stairs were made of the bones of failed everybody.

Two figures, clad in plain midnight-black robes that somehow still bespoke tremendous authority and presence, rose from their chairs to greet the room's newest entrant.

"Welcome back, brother Ferrata."

"Brother Sigismund. Brother Thirst." Ferrata inclined his head in formal greeting.

"We were just discussing the Typo-cleanup taking place in the Liber. We're given to understand they've been purged out of the Heresy Dept, or at least eaten by daemons." Sigismund said, glancing at a data-slate for confirmation.

"Of course Chaos is responsible for much anarchy and suffering; but the work we do in the community seldom gets recognition." Dark Apostle Thirst gave a dry chuckle, which turned to a frown of irritation. "Damn Typos need to stay away from my banners. Do you have any idea how many people I had to skin to make that?"

"Presumably many, although I admit making banners is not my area of expertise." Ferrata sighed heavily. "No, my brothers, I come to you with much worse news."

"Worse than a Typo outbreak?" Sigismund looked puzzled. "Tell me it's not Inquisitor Olveg complaining about us not allowing Guardsmen in here again."

"Worse." Ferrata said, his face grim. "Brothers, somebody has submitted a fable about the Moderati to the Liber."

There was a long moment of contemplative silence. The three exchanged glances.

"Is... is it any good?" Thirst asked, innocently.

"Read for yourselves, brothers." Ferrata handed the two Moderati a small data-slate. They read a short way down it, their expressions darkening as they did so.

"That's... terrible." Sigismund looked away with a wince. "I may be retired from active duty, but I'm tempted to come back just to force retirement on the author."

"And look," Thirst added. "Chaos doesn't work like that. That's far too orderly. What drivel! My Melta yearns to scorch this blasphemy from existence!"

"That's not the worst part. Wait until you read the part about Apothete." Ferrata added with a shudder. In the distance there was a deep, bass growl, and the clank of heavy machinery. Somehow, for a moment, the far end of the hall seemed darker and took on an ominous quality that can only be descibed as 'more stompy'. The three Moderati were still, in contemplative silence. After a long pause, Thirst continued to scan the data-slate.

"So, what shall we do about thi- oh Dark Gods, I just read the part about Apothe-" Sigismund clapped a hand over his mouth.

"Careful. I shudder to think what'd happen if he wakes up and reads this. We might have to rebuild the entire Liber. Ferrata, is there any clue as to the author of this... document?"

"The author was smart enough to leave his name off the slate, but foolish enough to leave it where a Moderati could see it." Ferrata mused.

"But we can see everywhere," Sigismund replied, nonplussed. "How exactly did you find this data-slate again?"

"I melta'd my way through a mere four or five walls in the deepest recesses of the south-west quarter of the main hall, made my way through a paltry selection of labyrinthian corridors containing puzzles wherein my very life was at risk, and fought off I think barely fifty of the toughest smuggled-in xenos beasties the galaxy has available to get to the room where it was." Ferrata shrugged.

"Pfft." Sigismund snorted, mockingly. "Is that all? They might as well have tried hiding the data-slate in the Culinarium, behind the coffee."

"Agreed." Thirst nodded. "But the important question is; what are we going to do about it?"

"Well," Ferrata said, stroking his chin thoughtfully, "The other Liberites are busy fighting Typos still. From last I saw, Reyner was chasing one down the corridors towards the Librarium with his new flamethrower, and Shinzaren was knife-fighting with a Typo out by the bathroom. Hrvat was also seen throwing a shovel of some sort at one. In any case, I suspect the best course of action is to seek out the author of this tripe ourselves."

"So... shall we get the sunglasses, then?" Thirst enquired.

"The sunglasses, brother, go without saying." Ferrata agreed.

As they talked, Sigismund reached down underneath his desk, a vast, gothic construction emblazoned with the iconic cross of the Black Templars, and came back up with a small, dusty box. blowing the dust away, he opened it, taking out a pair of black sunglasses, and his badge of office, dangling from it's vast chain. Donning his symbol of office, he reached back under the desk and pulled up a brightly polished and perfectly-maintained melta.

"It's like driving an attack bike - you never forget the skills. Ready when you are, my brothers. It's crusade time!"

The three Moderati turned, raising their meltas and roaring battle-cries, their robes and capes billowing in the wind as they advanced towards the door. The sunlight glinted briefly off their sunglasses as the great gate opened onto the stairways of bone, and then all that could be heard was the booming sound of the door slamming shut as the Moderati ventured forth to punish the unfortunate fool who'd had the audacity to include them in a Liber Story.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= End =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Originally this was going to include several of our other honoured Moderati, but I thought I'd only run the risk of infuriating three with my shoddy characterisation and terrible dialogue (aside from potentially awakening venerable Apothete, which is quite enough danger for multiple lifetimes, thank you very much :) )

I agonized over who to mention in the typo-crusade, but figured I'd give Shin an honourable mention since I did beat him at axe-throwing in his story ;) , and Reyner, whose flamethrower I'd earlier upgraded with an underbarrel flamethrower, because the only thing better than fire is more fire.

Oh, and the last-minute addition of Hrvat and his power shovel. Great weapon.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and take cover somewhere. It won't save me from the mods, but at least I'll feel better for trying. :lol:

EDIT:

And a year later; the Canteen is now the Culinarium. :D

Archived