This is the Liber Astartes, PART II

Shinzaren

This is running as a separate tale to the other Liber tale.

Ace looked over at Ignis and asked, "Are you sure about this?"

"Of course I am, what could go wrong?"

Walking down the great hall towards the doors that the Wolves relaxed behind, they were struck by the contrast between the Dark Angels standing at rigid attention across from the Wolves' Lair. Robed and perfectly immobile the DA were the perfect example of Astartes' disciplined training. By contrast the two warriors of Russ were standing almost casually, two young warriors, one with a great horn, stained green hanging from his belt and the other with a combi-flamer slung over his shoulder, scratching the ears of a giant wolf.

"If this about York here, and that Codex, I am sure it will dry out soon." spoke the tall warrior. "No, this has nothing to do with that." answered CMID, "we need to speak with Lord Ragnarok about a matter, is he available?" "Sure, go right in, look for a Terminator with a big gray wolf pelt and a cigar." Answered tho other Wolf. As they pushed through the Rune covered doors, Ace looked around and asked a Wolf "Where can I find....." and was interrupted by a Space Wolf being thrown across the room to crash into the bar, shattering it as the barkeep dove for cover. "......Lord Ragnarok?" as he stared at the warrior laying upside down with his feet against the wall. A warrior standing there, sporting a magnificent mustache, pointed at the warrior and said, "No Warhorse", then pointed across the room to a Terminator clad warrior and said "Ragnarok", then pointing between the warriors again , he continued, "Warhorse, Ragnarok, Warhorse, Ragnarok...." "I think he has the idea Hendrick" rumbled Ragnarok as the upside down warrior grinned insolently and lit a cigar from his place in the wreckage. "uh, yes, Lord Ragnarok, we, um, hate to interrupt you but we hope to enlist your assistance." spoke Ignis, "but we need some help tracking down several escaped Typos and Errors. Would you allow some of your warriors to come with us?" "Of course, we will all come! A good hunt is just what we need!" Tagging his vox, he called over it "Maverik, you and the 'Claws hurry up and get back with the supplies, we have a hunt!" Several whoops could be heard over the vox in response to this.

Ace looked over to a warrior with golden eyes and asked "Why did your Lord throw Warhorse like that?" "He was indulging in his favorite hobby, stealing Rag's cigars." "He threw him because of a cigar?" "Nope, we all grab a cigar once in a while, 'Horse just got caught...." "Decoy, hand me my ale" called Warhorse from the floor, "Get it yourself, you have to haul your furry butt upright anyway to drink it." answered the gold eyed warrior.

As the whoops died down, Ignis was startled when he suddenly heard the roar of attack bikes being started in the back of the room, and then two of the noisy machines pulled up. On one was mounted an Iron Priest of the wolves and the other held a Rune Priest and was being driven by a Wolf Priest. From the sidecar, Irlin was muttering, "You never let me drive." "I'd rather be in a Speeder with Jester" was Max's answer. Suddenly a loud crash was heard from the hallway and several oaths were heard. Opening the doors, Decoy grinned, and said "You won't believe what those idiots have stolen this time." Looking out they saw a gleaming black and red Chimera with several Wolves hanging on the top. "We needed something to haul the Wolfwhiz back" called out Maverik. "So you took an Inquisitor's ride? And who is driving that thing, anyway?" A pair of blue eyes under a mop of black hair peeped over the edge of the hatch, "Skaadi, I sent you along to keep them OUT of trouble......" Then a call came over Ace's vox, "Ace we've spotted the escaped Error from the Department of Redundancy Department, it's heading your way." What is it and what does it look like?" It's a DP! and a big one!"

"Even I hate Double Posts." muttered Decoy.

Bolter fire erupted from the top of the Chimera as the Wolves saw the beastie loping down the hall. Gunning their engines Skaadi, Max and Firenze roared after the DP. Led by York, the rest of the Wolves chased after it on foot, then took another route as they were guided by the two Liber's who knew the great repository better than anyone. Pounding down a long flight of stairs, those afoot's first warning of trouble was that suddenly they had no footing as warriors and wolf went sliding in all directions. The great Assembly area was being waxed in preparation for a vigil the next day and the liquid on the floor sent everyone in all directions. Out of control, Jonas slid into Warhorse, sending him skidding like a pinball down a long flight of stairs. As he disappeared into the distance loudly clanging away, several comments could be heard regarding Jonas' lineage.

Meanwhile, the mounted force was closing in on the DP as it fled into the Study Rectory. Keeping her foot planted on the floor, Skaadi aimed the Chimera at the doors to the hall, knocking them completely off their hinges as the two bikes kept trying to pass her. Students, scholars and Astartes dove for safety as the procession roared through the great library scattering data files and tables like a Fenrisian blizzard. To add to the chaos, the Wolves showed their usual doctrine of pouring massed fire at the skittering creature. Finally reaching the end of the room, the Error turned and in a last act of defiance hurled itself at Firenze, whose sevo arm grabbed it and ripped it to shreds.

As the wolves afoot tried to get their feet under them, they were suddenly beset by a horde of tiny creatures, who were holding little comm units in their hands, running loose, causing massive confusion. They ranged from some just walking around, all the way up to ones with earpieces piloting tiny vehicles called hybrids. "wut r thez thngz?" yelled forte. "Txtrs, i h8 thm" called ace. As the Wolves continued to skid around, "help" arrived in the form of two attack bikes and a Chimers roaring down the long ramp into the room. Hitting the tractionless surface all went into wild spins careening from side to side of the hall and scattering wolf, Wolves and Liber in all directions. Almost invisible against the gleaming black of the Chimera's hull, a figure in a black cape and cowl threw bowling balls with deadly accuracy at the txtrs. Firenze reached out with his servo arm, grabbing a banner proudly marked Sisters of Purging, bearing a figure of the skinniest Sister of battle imaginable. The banner held briefly before ripping in half merely changing his trajectory to a collision course with Skaadi in the Chimera. The impact threw the transport into a wild spin, launching the Wolves on top in all directions. As he yelled "i h8 wmn drvrs!" Nrth grabbed onto the rear hatch which then tore completely loose, allowing full dozen kegs of Wolfwhiz Ale to launch in all directions. About this time, an extremely grouchy warrior appeared at the top of the stairs "Luk owt Hrse!" yelled Nrth as he crashed into the Hunter, knocking both back down the stairs, followed by a couple kegs of ale. The sounds of the two crashing down the stairs continued for what seemed forever, prompting Ignis to remark "i bt they dny stop tl thy hit the httb" Suddenly lightning ricocheted about the arena, frying the majority of the txtrs leaving only one visible. Wearing a silly looking hat, it was on a contraption like a board with small wheels, it shot between Ragnarok's feet screaming "i got bbr fvr!" before it was stomped flat by Decoy.

Maverik looked over and cautiously asked "Are we able to talk like humans again?" "Okay, gather up the supplies, and let's round up Nrth and Horse. By the way, what did you say was at the bottom of the stairs?" "An old hot-tub." Hendrick grinned "All he needs now are some Bolter babes down there and we won't get Horse out of there til he runs out of ale." "Bolter babes?" asked Ace. "Sisters of battle, Warhorse has a knack for getting them into a hot tub." "Umm, the Sisters of purging have their hall down there....." About this time Nrth and Warhorse appeared at the top of the stairs,each carrying a keg of ale with Nrth laughing so hard he could barely breathe. Obviously disgusted, Warhorse could be heard muttering about "...psychotic, pyromaniac, teetotalling, stuck up, anorexic,..........."

Ok why do I smell alcohol drenched mutt fur...

In the name of the Stygian Gods, who let the wussy baby blue puppies into the Liber?!!

Someone is going to get flailed for this!

In the name of the Stygian Gods, who let the wussy baby blue puppies into the Liber?!!

Blame Ace, he invited us :devil:

Oh, and Warhorse, nice work, I especially like the txtrs bit

Right, I suppose now is a good time to start fleeing... Maybe threats against Warhorse, or rather certain parts of his anatomy, will distract Heru...

I claim the teeth! The Purinator Crusade shall live on! Volsung's just weren't of high enough quality to last long.

It is now at this point, the two members of the LHD who invited our Wolfy friends flee...Come Ace let's make ourselves scarce! Run awayyyyyyy!

Cambrius

WHO ARE YOU CALLING BABY BLUE...

I'll have you know, I use Fortress Grey :tu:

Great work as always Warhorse. Can't stand text speak ;)

And for those who know me too...yes, I am being restrained by some unknown force. Must have something to do with Grey Mage making sure that brawls don't kick of outside our own territory.

Interlude:

Postal volunteers to take York for a walk to a Banner marked Falcon Knights "Okay boy, mark it like you did that Codex......"

Yes send someone to the decoy, and spinal flail range. :)

Do you really think I'd be daft enough to leave anything in the Liber, what with Ace often running around with wet paint brushes!

it seems you under estimate the space wolfs acute scenes my friend i can smell your flowery bunch from one thousand yards or more away so you will not catch me off guard. or did you think that warhorse would allow a wolf who could not use all his scenes to there best ability on this little walk into not so friendly territory?

it seems you under estimate the space wolfs acute scenes my friend i can smell your flowery bunch from one thousand yards or more away so you will not catch me off guard. or did you think that warhorse would allow a wolf who could not use all his scenes to there best ability on this little walk into not so friendly territory?

You underestimate the length a spinal flail can reach, it isn't just the skulls and spines of failed Liber authors that I use to make them. There are many extremely long necked xenos, daemons and even typos I can and do make some out of. :)

Don't think we've hunted a DP before :)

I think we are going to have to branch out to get a Liber Deathwatch unit in here. With all the Typos, Double Posts, Texters, and Errors, not to mention a possible Ordo Malleus Liber unit for those greater times a Greater Typos spawning up here, and there.

As I've said before... I DK2K of the Blood Dragons chapter swear my life to purge these Xenos with fire, and my claw. I will happily join this merry bunch of Xenos hunters in there quest to destroy bad grammer, and text speakers.

You underestimate the length a spinal flail can reach, it isn't just the skulls and spines of failed Liber authors that I use to make them. There are many extremely long necked xenos, daemons and even typos I can and do make some out of. :)

i am starting to feel right at home here i my just have to stop by more often.

as for the reach of your flail Talon don't worry it's length means nothing if you cant hit your target with it :D

*Returns from the Crusade with several slain typos draped over the back of his bike*

So, guys. What did I mi-

Drat, I missed everything. :thanks:

Ok. First; nice story saga Warhorse. It'd be all the better for some expertly thrown chainaxes, but that's just one man's opinion! :lol:

Secondly, I'm afraid, Cambrius, that I flee from nobody, be they armed with a flail made from the toughest parts of the bleached spines of a dozen failed authors or nay.

This goes to prove that I am probably stupid, but nevertheless.

Thirdly, and this is the big 'un, let's not let this thread degenerate into an exchange of insults and stuff. I'd hate for it to get mod-hammered before I've even finished the second part of my tale. :thanks:

Lastly, canaries in 40k are undisputably the most badass heraldric animal in existence; even Space Marines are afraid to use their likeness as a badge.

It's rumoured the Custodes' armour was originally painted gold in honour of the ridiculous, pants-wetting terror that is the hallmark of the common 40k canary.

Now that I'll actually have time to myself in the next couple of days (hopefully) I'll try and get the second part of my saga up and running ASAP.

EDIT:

The Crusade NEVER ends.

EDIT EDIT:

Another one for the trophy rack on my bike.

Within his cubicle, Aquilanus gradually realised that it had become quiet in the IT room. No screams, no wails of terror. Even the coffee machine that burbled to itself had fallen silent. Bemused, he decided that he needed a break, and that investigating the lack of noise would be a welcome distraction from his work. Stepping out into the unaccustomed light, he could see no one around, Dark Apostle Thirst was missing, which worried him as it was over 3 days since Thirst had come to visit him. He was sure that he was overdue his medication. After looking around for ten minutes, Aquilanus realsied that he hadn't felt so clear headed in longer than he could remember. Encouraged by this feeling, he decided to head for the door, to investigate outside the room he hadn't left for years.

Upon reaching the door, he felt a wave of nausea, the likes of which he had never known. It's fear fool! said one voice.

No it isn't! It's that sacrificial Imperial Guard you had yesterday! said another.

In either case, said a third, Are we going to actually leave this room, or admire the paint. We've been on the threshold for over ten minutes.

Aquilanus checked his suits chrono. The third voice was indeed correct. He poked his head around the door. On the other side, there was a titanic battle. Ace, Shinzaren, and Thirst were fighting what looked like a DP. He hadn't seen one of them for while.

We should help them, said the first voice.

Yes, said the second, But as who? It shouldn't be you. You have all the battle prowess of a snotling, the grace of a legless Necron and the tactical skill of a Hormagaunt.

The third voice sniggered.

Don't mind me, said the fourth, I remember the last time we had a fight. I'm still waiting for an apology from all three of you.

Fat chance of that, said the second, I won't apologise to anyone!.

Aquilanus rubbed his forehead. This didn't bode well. Look we need a consensus, said the first.

Something we can all agree on. There was silence as all four set about thinking of what they should do.

Well, said the second, we could ask him.

Him?! said the fourth, He was retired a long time ago. And good riddance to!

Look, we don't have a lot of options, said the first grimly, He was the first of us, and whilst he can be a little....ott, it's our only hope. Besides he'll be right at home with those Marines Ace and the others are fighting beside. They all looked on at the Grey Armoured Marines. They could vaguely remember quaffing vast quantities of ale, and fights with others from the same Chapter....

So be it, said the others. Just don't say we didn't warn you....

Aquilanus' armour shimmered as it changed. It took a while, as all four voices were reluctant to relinquish control to this new aspect.

Stepping through the door, Aquilanus, the Space Wolf checked his Bolter, primed his Chainsword and charged into battle.

:lol:

Edit: Guess.... ;)

Edit: Guess about the Gorram guess!

Secondly, I'm afraid, Cambrius, that I flee from nobody, be they armed with a flail made from the toughest parts of the bleached spines of a dozen failed authors or nay.

This goes to prove that I am probably stupid, but nevertheless.

Ace we are all aware of your consistent sneaking down to the laundrofactorum in the middle of the night smelling rather unpleasant. We are also aware of your sleep screaming about how "the flails and the bowling balls are going to get you". ;)

Thirdly, and this is the big 'un, let's not let this thread degenerate into an exchange of insults and stuff. I'd hate for it to get mod-hammered before I've even finished the second part of my tale. :o

:)

Has anyone else noticed how much that Falcon Knights image looks like a canary?

Ah, I remember back in 985.M41, when I killed five wimpy puppies wearing the the mark of the Red Corsairs. Wasn't much of a fight either, completely disappointing. :(

Has anyone else noticed how much that Falcon Knights image looks like a canary?

Ah, I remember back in 985.M41, when I killed five wimpy puppies wearing the the mark of the Red Corsairs. Wasn't much of a fight either, completely disappointing. :)

Must have been Alpha Legionnaires impersonating some of our lads. They're always trying to ruin our good name :o

Archived