You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

You play against your friend's IG with DA allies, and rather than take strategic shots towards key targets, you spam all your missile templates at the TDA Librarian first turn.  Just to prove a point.

You know you're a Black Templar when you consider the Librarian to be THE key target :wink:

You play against your friend's IG with DA allies, and rather than take strategic shots towards key targets, you spam all your missile templates at the TDA Librarian first turn.  Just to prove a point.

You know you're a Black Templar when you consider the Librarian to be THE key target :wink:

Why sods law always makes our local witch fry his own mind, quite entertaining to see snake eyes and elevens on such a scale.

When you spend half an hour sifting though mountains of old wd issues for anything templar related and manage to walk away with the offical rules for the old castallan draco model.

sharing caring brother~

Why sods law always makes our local witch fry his own mind, quite entertaining to see snake eyes and elevens on such a scale.

Along that line...

... your opponents rarely use psykers, but when they do they use them en masse... and roll more snake-eyes and twelves than statistically possible...

The Emperor, does indeed, Protect.

(  I'm looking at you TheFalseHeretic... ;)  )

You come home to find the units have been hijacking your pc to buy more initiates.

LOL nice one Brother Tekman!!  What did they buy eventually??? :devil:

Vehicles: 2 Ravens, 2 extension kits (Chapter house), 5 Speeders, 2 Talons, another LRC.

Troops: 1 command squad box, 4 10 man boxes, devestator box

Templar bits bits bits bits bits and oh uh bits

I had a good month and sold one of my old suits

wow well that was an epic journey of its own just to reach the end of this thread :p

right i suppose i should throw a few in here,

you know you are a black templar when:

even though you don't collect templars (beyond a few models because of rule of cool) you realise that you play all other armies (imperial only, would never collect any xenos or traitors) with the only game objective being annihilation

when you don't even use a librarian in your grey knights army

when you collect bretonnians

when the only ranged unit in you bretonnian army is a trebuchet because ranged weapons are for cowards

when the biggest unit in your bretonnian army is a unit of questing knights all painted as different crusade orders

when you only reluctantly use a damsel in your bretonnian army and surround her with questing knights in case she tries anything funny

when you feel slightly dirty cutting up the emperors champion for conversions

when you have a nagging feeling that your converted grey knights brotherhood champion should really be black...

when ever you play some form of medieval rpg you make your character look as much like a templar as possible

when you recite litanies before a rowing race to get you pumped

that should do for now, this thread has seriously made me consider starting templars, the only thing keeping me is the threat of paddling from my mate if i do (he claims they are his army :p )

• 1 month later...

When despite your loathing of "threadomancy" for its obvious connotations of evil vile unpardonable filthy heretical despicable damnable unspeakable worthless insane irredeemable unholy demonic witchcraft, you still feel this needs to be the place for your first post on the BnC.

When your immediate metal response when your brother's lament that his balloon is dying (leaking) is to offer to administer the emperor's mercy. 

When you can no longer play along with you siblings in anything involving "magic" as it is all filthy heresy and only worthy of swift death.

When Jedi are no longer "cool" cause they're filthy psykers.

When you tell your friend you can't play air-soft because you haven't preformed the proper incantations to appease the machine spirits of your weapons yet.

When you consider it a personal insult when anyone says the Black Templars don't deserve a new codex.

When you frequently wonder what would happen if a crusade "accidentally" ended up in middle earth... and smile at the metal picture of drop pods smashing down into Helms deep.

When you root for the imperials in star wars because well its kind like the imperium...

When you wonder what would happen if a crusade showed up in the Star Wars universe... or actually start thinking it would be cool if the Templars showed up in all the fantasy and Sci-fi universes you have read in...

When you read "Dune" and cant help but smiling as you see the beginnings of the eternal crusade.

That's all I've got for now... been to long since this was on the front page... now to go tally up a points total for LPC...

I've had the 41k vs Star War's argument too many times haha there is no way they could win. A battle barge is, if I remember rightly, twice the size of a star destroyer. Yes a jedi may be more manuverable and might have some edge in close combat seeing as how a lightsaber could render powerarmour pretty much obsolete but they wear no armour. Unless they can do a Neo and stop every bolt shell coming at them they are :cussed. Plus the only thing in Star Wars capable of killing a planet is the Death Star where as any Space Marine fleet and most Imperial Navy flotillas are capable of performing an exterminatus. AND all of that is just assuming their fighting the Imperium. As much as the ruinous powers sicken me you have to admit Chaos makes the Dark Side look like, to quote Austin Powers, 'The Diet Coke of evil'. They could win against Greenskins, maybe. But Tyranids, Necrons, Tau, Chaos or the Imperium they would be annilated or brough to complience in short order.

Do remember that 40k is in the far future, and starwars was a long time ago, and also in a galaxy far, far away. The Imperium and the Galactic Empire would never meet eachother, and they already had world ending weapons in star wars before exterminatus was cool. By now, who knows what the star wars technology would be like. My bet though, they've been eaten by the Tyranids.

Oh I never doubted the out come of such a struggle. For remember "to admit defeat is to blaspheme the Emperor." I just smile at the thought of the swift and inevitable subjugation of new realms to the Emperor's benign and merciful blessing; and the righteous extermination of the foul xenos that the deluded humanity consorts with.

I was a star wars kid growing up before I was brought into the blessed Emperor's fold.

As were we all. I, however, shall raise my sons with stories of Sigismund and how none (I care not what the Chaos fan boys think) could stand against him. One of my favourite quotes, its not specifically from a Templar but I still enjoy the sentiment is. 'There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.'

Heh, I kinda preferred Karamazov's line:

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wating my time. Guilty."

Ah, 3ed Witch hunters codex....

I think I'll teach my kids the following: "Your honor is your life. Let none dispute it." Although a nice "suffer not the unclean to live" might aid in getting kids in the bath......:devil:

As much as the ruinous powers sicken me you have to admit Chaos makes the Dark Side look like, to quote Austin Powers, 'The Diet Coke of evil'.

So true. Recently I decided to listen chaos commander's quotes from DoW II, that Sorcerer alone is more evil than all Star Wars Sith combined :D

When despite your loathing of "threadomancy" for its obvious connotations of evil vile unpardonable filthy heretical despicable damnable unspeakable worthless insane irredeemable unholy demonic witchcraft, you still feel this needs to be the place for your first post on the BnC.

When your immediate metal response when your brother's lament that his balloon is dying (leaking) is to offer to administer the emperor's mercy. 

When you can no longer play along with you siblings in anything involving "magic" as it is all filthy heresy and only worthy of swift death.

When Jedi are no longer "cool" cause they're filthy psykers.

When you tell your friend you can't play air-soft because you haven't preformed the proper incantations to appease the machine spirits of your weapons yet.

When you consider it a personal insult when anyone says the Black Templars don't deserve a new codex.

When you frequently wonder what would happen if a crusade "accidentally" ended up in middle earth... and smile at the metal picture of drop pods smashing down into Helms deep.

When you root for the imperials in star wars because well its kind like the imperium...

When you wonder what would happen if a crusade showed up in the Star Wars universe... or actually start thinking it would be cool if the Templars showed up in all the fantasy and Sci-fi universes you have read in...

When you read "Dune" and cant help but smiling as you see the beginnings of the eternal crusade.

That's all I've got for now... been to long since this was on the front page... now to go tally up a points total for LPC...

Drop pod assaulting middle earth! Love it!

For Sigismund! Dorn! And the Emperor!

... when preparing dinner with your Lady you ask her to bring mushrooms while she's already coming with them with words that she can read your mind and you call her witch ;)

... when upon seeing some of said mushrooms you condemn them in your mind as mutants for looking nothing like a standard-issued mushroom

Ps. I am so luck "witch calling" was quiet :whistling:  Emperor does indeed protect :woot: