Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...GameStyle=wh40k

NOOOO!

Stop releasing stuff, GW! You promised us information on the Grey Knights within a few weeks of the incoming article!

It was a little hasty to expect anything before March. Preview early March, advance orders mid March is my bet.

Also, this thread sure has slowed down. Hopefully Commissar will return will delicious, delicious wargear details.

From Bok

*Nemesis Ward Staff can be only bought for one Grey Knight per squad. So that means only one will be able to take one of those mean wounds.

*Unlike reported before by me and others GKT do not get Storms Shields (with very few exceptions). That means you are stuck with sucky +5 invul saves on termies. What you do get instead is all nemesis force weapons grant a +1 to all invul saves in assault. That means +4 saves in close combat.

*A full man unit of Paladins average around 600-800 for 10 of them. So don’t expect to spam many of them.

*Add to that the Paladin Captain that makes them troops is the most expensive model in the codex over the cost of a Land Raider.

*Sadly the Dread Knight MC thingy cannot be put in a Stormraven.

*The worst change that I hinted at back when I first reported the rumors last year. The whole Teleporting Grey Knight once per game thing is for the Grey Knight squads in the Fast Attack slot. That means those guys and the Stormraven are your only FA choices in the entire codex. Normal GKs will not be able to teleport in the game.

Wait...

So *no* personal Teleporters for GKSS? Which means no 'skies of blood' for our Storm Ravens.

Or do they mean that only GKSS taken in the Fast slot (how? That wa sa rubbish cop out form our current codex), who *also* purchase Personal Teleporters, get to use the once per game 30" move?

And no Personal Teleporters (aka wings) for the DreadKnight?

Wait...

So *no* personal Teleporters for GKSS? Which means no 'skies of blood' for our Storm Ravens.

Or do they mean that only GKSS taken in the Fast slot (how? That wa sa rubbish cop out form our current codex), who *also* purchase Personal Teleporters, get to use the once per game 30" move?

And no Personal Teleporters (aka wings) for the DreadKnight?

Huh, it's not very complicated.

It means that a Strike Squad with a Teleporter occupies a Fast Attack FOC slot. They'll probably be two different units with the same profile, but different names and slightly different point costs due to the Teleporters being factored in.

This also changes nothing for the Dreadknight in terms of PT availability, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

It's lame.

Do it as every other codex.

Have a FA slot unit called "Fast Strike Grey Knights" (Or whatever), who's wargear includes a Personal Teleporter, and points reflect this increased wargear.

Don't just leave us with a single entry but say;

"Oh if you purchase this wargear, this unit no longer Scores, and now actually takes a Fast slot instead of a Troop slot."

I mean, they don't do it for Tac Squads (Buy Jump Packs, but they're now Fast Units!), so why leave that rubbish from the exisitng codex (the Teleport Attack! side box) in our new one? It's not like our Fast slots are overflowing...

As for the Dreadknight, I'm questioning the notion that 'normal' GK can't teleport in any other fashion. Which would rule out a PT for a DK. Unless by 'normal', BoK only mean SSGK squads.

/sigh

I suppose it's just another place to use 'The Grand Strategy'. Make our PT wearing Grey Knights Scoring again.

I will take this with a grain of salt.

I really don't want SSGKs to not have access to PT unless they're non scoring. If this is true, i will be sad, because the extra assualt range would have really helped in terms of controlling the pace of the game. But... You can use grand strategy to over come it. Also, they are going to have to have something like deepstrike and descent of angels and heroic intervention!

And what about the NFWs? I highly doubt that they will be able to improve Inv. Saves, add I, S, etc., and act as a force weapon. I think grey knights should all have Inv. Saves, but I don't think it will happen.

On the plus side, if that is true, paladins would automatically get a 3+ save, which could explain the lack of stormshields.

Unfortunately, I can see the FA thing being true. AND THAT JUST SUCKS!!!!!!! :angry:

I knew the 30" contest move was too good to be true. But alas, I was blinded by the awesome.

@CCC can you confirm any of this?

Its been revealed via katie on heresy, that ONLY the swords give +1 invun in CC, which explains why TAGKs can swop swords for halbreds for free to off set the loss of the +1 Invun, because the +1 invun is useless to PAGK.

So it's like this:

Force Sword: +1 Invun (CC Only)

Force Halbred: +1 Initative

Force Hammer: +1 Strength

What this also means, is that anyone with a iron halo and a nemesis force weapon/sword has a 3++ in CC (ala GM/Brother Captain).

From Bok

*The worst change that I hinted at back when I first reported the rumors last year. The whole Teleporting Grey Knight once per game thing is for the Grey Knight squads in the Fast Attack slot. That means those guys and the Stormraven are your only FA choices in the entire codex. Normal GKs will not be able to teleport in the game.

You'd think a man with such a "gift" for creating new, ridiculous units would have been able to think of something better to put in FA. Hell, I thought of two for my first post in this thread (the Orbital Auspex Array and the Deathstorm with a Teleport Homer).

Gentlemanloser...please, for the sake of a moderately decent codex, delete that post.

Can you imagine what will happen if Matt Ward sees that and gets the glimmering spark of whatever he dubs as 'creativity' in his eyes?

Next thing you know, our next Fast Attack (also takes an elite/HQ slot) will be the Void Dragon, ridden by the Supreme Overlord Grand Master (of pie) Grey Knight of Epic-a-tude.

adds +1 to an invulnerable save if you already have an existing invulnerable save..... where have i heard of someone who bestows something like that before?

could it be SATAN!?

...no, actually it was Tzeentch, but close!

I'm not too surprised by this latest update. It was a little too much to expect that GKSS could move as Jump Infantry and still be Scoring. Having the regular dudes as Troops and the guys with Personal Teleporters as FA makes much more sense. I hope that the Justicar will still have an Invulnerable Save option, since all 4 of mine have Swords; would be nice to get a 4+ Invulnerable from a Refractor Field for the Justicar in close combat, while the rest of the squad attacks at Initiative 5, from their Halberds.

It'll be really nice for my Terminators, since they are an even mix, some will strike early at Initiative 5, while the rest strike at I4, but with 4+Invulnerable Saves, and can be assigned the low AP wounds. Cool! This actually beats Storm Shields for me, as they'll keep those Storm Bolters for ranged attacks, and the extra attack (since they are rumored to act as Pistols). Double cool!

I think I've got a tentative plan. Take two GKSS and two Dreadnoughts, and mount them in two Stormravens with Locator Beacons. Keep my two GKT squads in Reserve to teleport on near the 'Ravens when they get in position. Give one of my GKSS units the Personal Teleporters (making them FA), but make them Scoring anyway, with my GM. My final GK squad can stay back to guard rear objectives, or I can consolidate some of the Psycannons into it, and just make it a Purgation squad. I like it!

V

Ps: I think Cain was nabbed by the Inquisition.

By what I'm reading, a rounded GKT unit (2 w/ swords, 2 w/ Halberds and 1 w/staff) should be able to go toe-to-toe against a similar assault termi unit (2 TLC and 3 TH&SS) if we can shoot and charge. If we get "hammerhand" on top of that, we have a good chance of winning. Pretty nice for a scoring unit.

Phil

Yeah, I think Valerian is right. The Black Ships probably took Cain away.

But in other news, this sounds awesome. I also thought the teleporters being Troops was a bit off, especially when you would have only been able to fit 6 of them in a Storm Raven. This way you can fit 10 and still have a GM as an HQ ride with them. Better for smaller games. Beyond that I can't wait to hear more about the Dread Knight.

I'm so exited about all those rumours!

It make me want to finish my DH army so much quicker!

I just hope that most of my homemade models wont be useless (They've got a nice amount of mace, axe, hammer...)

All in all, it seem that with my rate of modeling and painting, my DH & Tyranids will never, ever be finished!

Archived