Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

Long story short, I never said there was universal rejoicing, just that there was much. There are a lot of us who play pure Sisters.
I now point you to my other topic where in I postulate the return of the militias and cast doubt that a 'pure' sisters list would be totally bereft of them and in doing so implore you to make a reasoned and supported case for their excultion from the list.

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4259365/challenge-accepted.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=challenge-accepted

A post on Heresy-online from Katie Drake says that Crowe wields the sword because "One Grey Knight uses a Daemon Sword because so far it has been impossible to destroy and the Knights won't risk it being found by another follower of the Dark Gods. He doesn't actually draw upon its power though, he simply uses it like one would a mundane sword and refuses its temptations." Just thought I'd share.

In light of this I think it's more sensible for him to use it.. but... I still think it would make more sense to bury it 5 miles underground on Titan surrounded by reinforced Aegis esque walls and psykic wards.

In light of this I think it's more sensible for him to use it.. but... I still think it would make more sense to bury it 5 miles underground on Titan surrounded by reinforced Aegis esque walls and psykic wards.

Exactly. I'm just conveniently holding this bag of drugs, please don't accuse me of using them, thanks! Yeah, that holds well with the cops.

GJ Ward, you massive failure.

I don't see why they don't just eject a daemon sword like that into a star. It attracts Daemons and worshipers of Chaos? GREAT! It's in that big swollen star over there. Go fly into it and get it.

By destroying the physical vessel it would release the daemon that is bound in it back into the warp. Effectively freeing it from prison.

What's Abbadon's sword? Doesn't it cry out in anger at being bound against it's will or something like that?

I don't see why they don't just eject a daemon sword like that into a star. It attracts Daemons and worshipers of Chaos? GREAT! It's in that big swollen star over there. Go fly into it and get it.

By destroying the physical vessel it would release the daemon that is bound in it back into the warp. Effectively freeing it from prison.

What's Abbadon's sword? Doesn't it cry out in anger at being bound against it's will or something like that?

I don't see why that's a problem. There are tons of Daemons in the warp, many of them extremely powerful. Having it's essence bound in some sword that's going off to campaigns seems awfully risky when you consider how many GK heroes have given their lives simply to send a big daemon back to the warp for 1k years or so. That's kind of the GK's schtick, right? Heroes who are recruited, tested, fight, and die, while the Daemon tide gets pushed back, but never defeated.

It's like, we've got this super dangerous prisoner, and since we can't kill him, we'll take him along in our patrol car and fight crime, get donuts, visit the wife, etc. Why not just stick him in a dedicated prison?

I think that the only way I would be ok with Crowe using the daemon weapon would be that:

a: they can't destroy it

b: they can't lock it up as it is so malevolent that it would corrupt it's guards and eventually lead to the downfall of the GKs

c: Crowe chooses to be it's bearer in order to save his brothers and deny the daemon within the blade, tragically having to wield that which he would destroy to preserve the GKs purpose and save his brothers

Unless ALL THREE OF THESE CONDITIONS ARE MET IN SOME FORM, I will choose to be in denial about it. ;D

they can't lock it up as it is so malevolent that it would corrupt it's guards and eventually lead to the downfall of the GKs

From what I've been told it is this. Essentially they can't lock it up because it will corrupt all around end no matter what provisions are made. So they decide to let the purest of the purest of the pure keep constant vigilance.

they can't lock it up as it is so malevolent that it would corrupt it's guards and eventually lead to the downfall of the GKs

From what I've been told it is this. Essentially they can't lock it up because it will corrupt all around end no matter what provisions are made. So they decide to let the purest of the purest of the pure keep constant vigilance.

If it says that in the actual book, then it will all be OK.

Awesome news!!

Obviously he needs to find a sword from a rival cult so he can balance his Ambition with his Fury and pull a Mirumoto Kenzo

man do i miss that game..... it was so good. it was the best merging of fluff and rules ever conceived.

anyway, after the murder of fluff in the tyranid & dark eldar books i've simply given up on fluff, i'll just see how the rules look; if they are psycho, i'll just not play with them, only against them and build the SW army i'm torn on with this.

Because maybe a C'tan will wander around and see the star and go, "Oh, a star. I like stars" and he'll eat the star. But since C'tans can't stomach Chaos he'll just leave the daemon sword there and go look for more stars. And then the force of Chaos might stumble on the sword because there was an ad posted on Craiglist by the now-released-from-the-star sentient sword. That's why they can't just shoot into into a star.

http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/2011...readknight.html

You can clearly see 3 weapon options:

Heavy Psycannon: Str 7 AP 4 36" Heavy 6?, Rending

Heavy Incinerator: Str 6 AP 4 Template, Rending, Fires Like Inferno Cannon

Nemesis Force Weapon: ?

Nemesis Dreadknight: 130 Points

WS 5 BS ? S 7 T 7 W 4 I 4 A 3 Sv 2+/4++

Wargear: Heavy Psycannon, Heavy Incinerator, 2 close combat weapons.

Options: Personal Teleporter +75 Points (Unit can move as though they have a jump pack. Once per game, the unit may move 30", but may not assault afterwards.)

Special Rules: Monstrous Creature, Deepstrike, Psychic Mastery 1 (an use 1 psychic power per turn for each level)

Psychic Powers: Hammer Hand (+1 strength in Close Combat), Holocaust (S5 AP - Large Blast 12")

Holy poop.

The rumors used by SW blog looks to be an older rumor rendition, so it may be out of date. Point cost wise, it conflicts with Commissar's description, as the DreadKnight would be much more expensive with the shooty options. I'm glad actually, as the standard GKs are already quite good, even if their NFW end up being regular CCWs.

I think that's my point. GW is changing the very foundations of what makes a Grey Knight. That's because "perfection" as GKs used to have (or almost) leaves very little margin when it comes to writing fluff or rules. I understand where that ruffles some feathers, but it was inevitable. When you look at the whole WH40k, it's basically a Tragedy in the classic litteral sense (like ancient greek tragedy). Almost every chapter is a facet of the basic tragic plot: failure to understand or communicate leads to Hubris which then lead to the downfall. Having a "perfect" player in that world doesn't fit as well. It that role, we do have the Ultramarines. But they are meant the "doorway" into 40k for younger more sensitive gamers.

GK are the weapon against chaos, yes. But to quote Nietzche: He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. I, for one, love the "tragic hero" plot more than that "perfect knight" plot. I like my characters to sweat blood and to question their whole world before they finally get a true personal understanding that leads them to victory.

Still, once again, I understand why some gamers (and I wouldn't say long time GKs players, as I've been playing them for 7 years) will miss the Shining Knights...

Phil

While true, much of their fluff does paint them into a corner. However, each type of hero has his a role to play. 40K is already a universe filled with tragic heroes. Having 1-2 Shining Knights is not a bad thing in that much darkness. I think the resentment is at the grim dark wash GW is putting on everything now.

Advancing the story of the Grey Knights does not have to dirty them up, but it does have to make sense where it is going. From the fluff rumors I keep hearing, things seem scattered and disjointed with no direction other than it is a unit with cool rules and/or a "don't call it a gundam" figure.

The rumors used by SW blog looks to be an older rumor rendition, so it may be out of date. Point cost wise, it conflicts with Commissar's description, as the DreadKnight would be much more expensive with the shooty options. I'm glad actually, as the standard GKs are already quite good, even if their NFW end up being regular CCWs.

Don't the rumors say they have force weapons standard?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...GameStyle=wh40k

NOOOO!

Stop releasing stuff, GW! You promised us information on the Grey Knights within a few weeks of the incoming article!

New DE models are going to be on the What's New Today for at least a week, add that on top of Orks and Goblins releases, and Special Character week, and GW won't be giving us any GK news for 2-3 weeks.

Good news for you DE players, but i'd like to see some non-blurred pictures of the new GK plastics. It has been over a month since they were announced, and only a single mention (in regards to the Storm Raven).

That's alright, wasn't a DE wave expected? Have to say, for some reason the collection is a bit underwhelming, though the Succubus is looking great. Think the Lelith model still has the edge over it though. As for us GK players, the amount or rumours going around is enough for the moment. After so many years waiting with nothing to talk about a month with something to talk about seems easy. :P

That's alright, wasn't a DE wave expected? Have to say, for some reason the collection is a bit underwhelming, though the Succubus is looking great. Think the Lelith model still has the edge over it though. As for us GK players, the amount or rumours going around is enough for the moment. After so many years waiting with nothing to talk about a month with something to talk about seems easy. :P

Wait they were expecting their second wave?!

SW and Nids are still waiting for theirs... fun.

We still have a month and a half (give or take) before release, so they will string us along until the black boxes with the codex go out.

Well, there's not a model in that DE wave that I wouldn't want to buy and paint! Quite promising for ours! I read somewhere that "big" shows of pictures and such were traditionally on the first week-end of the month??? So could Saturday March 5th be it? That's 17 days! I can remember a time when we weren't even sure there would be a GK/DH codex (when we didn'T get any battle missions, or Apocalypse datasheets in the book, etc).

Phil

That's alright, wasn't a DE wave expected?

Yes. This is the expected "1.5" wave, with a full second wave (with plastics) expected by June.

Wait they were expecting their second wave?!

SW and Nids are still waiting for theirs... fun.

Space Wolves are Space Marines, and as such have heavy support already. The 'nids aren't in quite so enviable a position, but there are rumours that they too are getting a second wave some time this year. But it should not be surprising that the Dark Eldar, an army that apparently sold exceptionally well and had to start from scratch with their first wave releases, would be put on the fast track for a second wave.

@CCC

Could you explain more about how their psychic powers function.

How do psyker mastery levels interact with brotherhood of psykers?

Can a unit cast a power and after that can a justicar/whatever cast another power due to psyker master levels.

Archived