Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

What tips me off to this being a daemon weapon?

"...The weapon attempts to corrupt and possess its weilder...."

Actively attempting to possess a subject isn't something that a mindless object would do.

Cursed would fit more along the lines of the shards of glass from that warp-lost planet in the Ravenor books.

There is no-one more qualified to hold* a captured Daemon weapon than a Grey Knight. That almost goes without saying. The idea of a Grey Knight using that weapon is entirely different.

*And when I say 'hold' I mean until they can exorcise it or launch it into a black hole or something. Or failing that, burry it inside ten cubic feet of adamantium at the bottom of the deepest vault on Titan and guard it 24/7. Carrying it around and hitting bad guys with it is right out.

I see this codex as a Thousand Sons codex more than anything. Why does everything have a psychic power? Why is there like 10 psychic powers? Ghost Knights? A Grand Master feeling despair? A Chaplain with a Daemon Sword?! You know how I know this is a Ward codex? It's because of fluff like this.

I absolutely love how they took my infallible, silent defenders of mankind's greatest enemies and seeded them with heresy and mutation. NOT!

Anyone who doesn't agree obviously haven't played Grey Knights as long as I have. Character - I keep hearing players talk that this kind of fluff builds character and gives heroic individuals a backstory. What they don't understand that this heretical backstory is the antithesis to the entire Chapter's existence!

Alright, fluff rant over.

I wouldn't get too upset or excited about these rumors. I put about as much stock in them as I do rumors of upcoming Apple products. That is, with a big ol' grain of NaCl.

http://web.pdx.edu/~wordr/Photos/Warhammer40k/Saltfromwikipedia.jpg

The blade is constantly trying to posses the wielded...so yeah a daemon weapon.

Honestly, it all depends on the wording of the codex, but what I don't understand is why they couldn't write it as pure. Hopefully there is a reason it isn't like:

The blade of anwyr: a sacred weapon of the purifier order whose shiny radiance blinds the unclean and inspires the faithful to greater action. In fact it takes so much psychic energy just to wield the blade, that it is only rending 4+

Just saying...

While it may be a good idea to take everything you hear with a grain of salt, I think everyone can agree that they immediately feel like doing the following :

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp144/Jayzon666/facepalm_through_head.jpg

;)

I think if we look closely at these rumors we'll see inconsistencies that just don't fit with GW precedence. Are we really going to have two versions of Karamazov? One for GKs and one for WH? And why would Karamazov even be in this army? He has his one warband-as-troops and then doesn't fit. Why would warbands have no limit on their composition? When has GW ever allowed that? A band of 12 servitors with MMs? A band of 12 Crusaders with SSs? The idea of basic troops having both a storm bolter and a power weapon seems odd to me too. Think of the game balance problems.

Anyone who doesn't agree obviously haven't played Grey Knights as long as I have. Character - I keep hearing players talk that this kind of fluff builds character and gives heroic individuals a backstory. What they don't understand that this heretical backstory is the antithesis to the entire Chapter's existence!

Alright, fluff rant over.

You're right, only after you have played Grey Knights for a certain number of years have you the sole right to be correct in fluff arguments about them, damn what anyone else says. ;)

Where's that new thread, by the way?

While it may be a good idea to take everything you hear with a grain of salt, I think everyone can agree that they immediately feel like doing the following :

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp144/Jayzon666/facepalm_through_head.jpg

:lol:

I think if we look closely at these rumors we'll see inconsistencies that just don't fit with GW precedence. Are we really going to have two versions of Karamazov? One for GKs and one for WH? And why would Karamazov even be in this army? He has his one warband-as-troops and then doesn't fit. Why would warbands have no limit on their composition? When has GW ever allowed that? A band of 12 servitors with MMs? A band of 12 Crusaders with SSs? The idea of basic troops having both a storm bolter and a power weapon seems odd to me too. Think of the game balance problems.

I agree on the non maleus inquisitor stuff.

But I think a lot of the GKs stuff has sounded ok and somewhat plausible.

I think if we look closely at these rumors we'll see inconsistencies that just don't fit with GW precedence.
Oh, I think it does in our current era.
Are we really going to have two versions of Karamazov? One for GKs and one for WH?
We gots two version of Brother Captain Tycho, this establishes that precedent
And why would Karamazov even be in this army? He has his one warband-as-troops and then doesn't fit.
Ah, but one of our fluffy rumours is that the GK's are now compelled to respond to all inquisition requests and there's a suggestion that the Ordo's are not exclusive int heir jurisdictions. Actually jurisdictionaly exclusivity was a false docterine all along promogulated by those who didn't fully understand the fluff and sought easy distinctions. To writ, it might be suggested that the Grey Knights would respond to any inquisitor, but only the Malleus were likely to call upon them. The rules are/were written to portray not all possible forces, just the likely ones
Why would warbands have no limit on their composition? When has GW ever allowed that? A band of 12 servitors with MMs? A band of 12 Crusaders with SSs?
Warbands without limits on composition have a very long and storied history in respects to games workshop games. Henchmen groups had limits, but warbands, not so much. Perhaps the 3.5 chaos chosen would be a good example of a fairly unlimited unit, but I could go back to squads of wolfguard with cyclones and assault cannons teleporting in and dropping 12" krack missile templates. To be honest, if things are costed appropriately, they players themselves will limit things. Let's just hope for good rules design and proper costing.
The idea of basic troops having both a storm bolter and a power weapon seems odd to me too. Think of the game balance problems.
I see no problems in theroy with the game balance, perhaps you could elaborate on this thesis?

I direct all you other fluff-mongers to the newly created thread. :lol:

I tend to find it's customary to slap a link in when doing this kind of thing.

This codex should of had only Ordo Malleus Inquisitors. The fact that SoB is in this codex upsets me and makes me doubt their future release date.
What? I've yet to read a rumour that says there's any Sisters in this book, only battle bros and various war-gods of the brocean. Inquisitors of other ordos perhaps, but no Sisters.

Well, I for one is looking forward to the Codex. Even though its looking as if I'll be forced to scrap my current DKoK grenadier/stormtroopers. OTOH I'm looking forward to building platoons of misfit henchmen, getting a fancy Dreadknight (just because I have a thing for walkers), and perhaps even getting a nifty set of plastic termies that aren't as prone to snapping their halberd blades as my metal ones.

- luckily I'll at least have a couple of 'noughts and 'raider that won't be obsolete :angry:

Yup, the presence of Karamazov and Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors in this book, if real, is fantastic news for Sisters players.

It means they probably won't be in a putative Sisters codex.

Say it with me: And there was much rejoicing.

This codex should of had only Ordo Malleus Inquisitors. The fact that SoB is in this codex upsets me and makes me doubt their future release date.

The fact that Grey Knights are getting updated after Dark Eldar got their own makes you doubt the Sororitas will get an update? :angry:

Heretic. You should follow the regular gamer's thought process: moan because you don't get a new codex, then moan that you did get a new codex :)

Phil

Yup, the presence of Karamazov and Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors in this book, if real, is fantastic news for Sisters players.

It means they probably won't be in a putative Sisters codex.

I dunno... I rather like my Inquisitor Lord, Adepta Sororitas Heroine, mobs of Sisters, ISTs and wonky things as a pure WH list. Now I have to do the same thing with the theoretical GK list, which leaves me short units for my Sororitas most likely which means I have to buy new stuff when they come out. As a dad with three kids, I abhore having to buy new stuff :P

As a dad with three kids, I abhore having to buy new stuff :P

Hm, I actually had you pegged as a woman. Learn something new and all that...

Back on topic, I sympathise, but I do really feel that it makes more sense to put all Inquisition elements in one book, and that, short of creating a new Codex: Inquisition, the GK are the only logical choice.

I also feel that cramming the Inquisition into the Sisters codex (or more acurately, cramming the Sisters into the Hereticus codex) was a grave disservice to the Sisters that, perhaps, is about to be rectified.

Long story short, I never said there was universal rejoicing, just that there was much. There are a lot of us who play pure Sisters.

Long story short, I never said there was universal rejoicing, just that there was much. There are a lot of us who play pure Sisters.
I now point you to my other topic where in I postulate the return of the militias and cast doubt that a 'pure' sisters list would be totally bereft of them and in doing so implore you to make a reasoned and supported case for their excultion from the list.

Anyone who doesn't agree obviously haven't played Grey Knights as long as I have.

That's a rather presumptuous statement. I first started playing a Grey Knights list back in 1989, or thereabouts, and I don't agree with you. In fact, I distinctly remember routinely purchasing a Daemon Weapon (only 900 points!), for my Ordo Malleus Daemonhunter, which was a required character in a Grey Knights army list.

There are absolutely zero rumors of any Sisters of Battle in this upcoming codex.

V

There are absolutely zero rumors of any Sisters of Battle in this upcoming codex.

I'm saying this codex, the GK codex should of only had the Ordo Malleus Inquisitors. Why are Hereticus crap in this book? I can care less.

And you're a radical for thinking GKs should use Daemon weapons.

Perhaps all the fan-made fuss over the Sororitas being equated with the Inquisition more than the Ecclesiarchy had something to do with it. Personally, I feel sorry for the poor WH blighters who don't like GKs but have brought Inquisitors and retinues for their army and enjoy using them. At a guess - there's not much hope for them retaining such a privilege in the next codex.

Archived