@ Yogi - Thanks for the comment :P

Regarding the Blue - It's probably the pics making it look thick as it is composed of 1 thin (Skimmed milk consistency) coat of Mordian Blue, an equally thin coat of Enchanted Blue and a highlight of Enchanted/Ice Blue in a 60/40% ish ratio. There is another Highlight level to go on, but I'm leaving that till the Army is all at the same stage as what I've done so far.

As for the Pred, it's gonna get stripped and repainted due to the earlier mentioned undercoat screw up. So it should end up looking a hell of a lot better hopefully ;)

@ Dorns_Fist - That guy is a true Vet in my army (Had him nigh on 14 years) so he's entitled to feel a bit relaxed, he's seen it all :P

Anyway, I've finished the Lascannon Guy I started last night and I will post up some pics of the completed heavy weapons, as well as a special weapon conversion within the next few days.

Hey guys,

Thinking of this as my Scout scheme

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sct.php?b62c=@haLvy_hLL9J.hozqShwPyMi9aHMiakk7hbUc8@@_@@..@.@___@..@@@@__hFTPPiakk7hFTPPiakk7@@@@.._@iakk7&

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update while at work :P

I have been working on these guys and will have some pics up in the very near future.

At the mo I have my HB Dev squad, Bike squad refurb & a couple of ML marines for my Tac squads on the go, once I get some more work done on them I'll throw up a few pics including my latest combi-melta conversion, which I am extremely pleased with and my scratchbuilt HB backpack (was one short when I was putting the squad together :HQ: ).

Also my Captain and Termie Chaplain from the first page are currently being stripped as I really think I can do a better job now.

Anyway, I haven't lost motivation quite yet and will hopefully continue to plug through the army till completion (at which point I'll no doubt buy more :lol: )

@ Doghouse - Cheers mate :D

Ok, just to prove that I have been keeping up with the project here are some crap pics of the stuff I have in progress ;)

HB Devs

gallery_39897_5762_972664.jpg

Got 3 metal guys here, who will have my metal HBs (to be used as holy projectiles should victory elude me :P ) 1 Death Company marine saved from his unfortunate sparkly fate and 2 Grey Hunters who lost all their wolfy bits (but made me bleed for it).

The third marine from the left is a plastic salvage job who will have the plastic salvage job HB and scratchbuilt backpack and the one on the right is currently waiting for his HB to be stripped.

Dev Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_1076242.jpg

Another old metal model (and by old I mean Lead), here he is next to his original form -

gallery_39897_5762_304129.jpg

The powerfist was surprisingly easy to remove and may just see use somewhere.

The Bike squad refurb

gallery_39897_5762_1069733.jpg

These guys will be getting an entirely new Sarge at some point (when I find the parts I need) as well as being reinforced by an Attack bike.

Combi-Melta

gallery_39897_5762_112235.jpg

Very simple chop job made from a Meltagun barrel, the ejection port from a Bolter and a Chaos Termie Combi-Flamer, quite pleased with it tbh ;)

Thats the update done, next one will hopefully be of some if not all of this stuff finished to the same stage as the Tactical squads and will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

Comments/Criticism if you have any :)

Found another old metal Marine, so he will replace plastic boy as the 4th HB.

Also decided that a Dev Sarge shouldn't really have a Power Sword, so he will now be a Tac Sarge and will be replaced by ?

I'll have another pic update very soon :)

Edited by Razblood

Found another old metal Marine, so he will replace plastic boy as the 4th HB.

Also decided that a Dev Sarge shouldn't really have a Power Sword, so he will now be a Tac Sarge and will be replaced by ?

I'll have another pic update very soon :)

Dev aargents should have power fists and a boltgun. Standard :-D

@ NightHunters - Cheers ^_^ I'm gonna stick with a simple Chainsword & Bolter combo. Still trying to figure out how to do the signum though as I don't have anymore bits from the Dev box.

@ Dorns_fist - Waste of a perfectly good Power Fist there mate, unless it's so he can slap any of the squaddies who fire the wrong way :P

Work proceeds with the first Dev squad and the Bike squad, but there is new stuff!

Today I gained possession of 2 Tac squads and 2 Rhinos, which means I now have essentially a complete company :D

This also means that I have a lot of work ahead of me ;)

Now I just need to get a pot of Ceramite White when it's released and I'll be able to make some serious headway :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another quick wordy update :)

Got the Dev squad up to the penultimate stage and will have pics up tomorrow, as well as the sarge for the second Dev squad and 2 ML marines for future Tac squads.

Also picked up a drop pod which is midway through construction and base coating.

Had a bit of a problem with some resin bases I got for my bikes in that the 2nd set I got are very much smaller than the 1st set, so I'm currently working on bringing them up to size with Card and GS :)

Bike squad is therefore being put on the back burner until thats done so I think I'll focus on getting all the squads built/repaired before I do anymore painting, well except for the Rhinos and Drop pod which I aim to have done soon.

On a final note I found a use for the metal Powerfist I mentioned in an earlier post and am in the process of building a Tac sarge who will be swinging it around ;)

As promised...Dev squad pics :devil:

Group shot 1

gallery_39897_5762_1652494.jpg

Group shot 2

gallery_39897_5762_367612.jpg

Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_1695937.jpg

Rebuilt from a marine I'd chopped up and drilled holes in to use as an objectve marker, think it came out alright.

Bolter Marine

gallery_39897_5762_696132.jpg

His left pad is a modded Sang guard pad, which I think has come out quite nicely.

Heavy Bolter Marine

gallery_39897_5762_1432092.jpg

One of the old lead Grey Hunters I de-wolfed, made me bleed but the result is worth it :)

Comments/Criticism welcomed as usual, just please remember that all the recent work I've done is incomplete and will receive at least one more level of highlighting, basing and iconography once they are all to this approximate level of completion.

Finished the Power Fist wielding Tac Sarge, who will be shown when his squad is sorted.

Also made some headway on the Rhinos, which just need some neatening up and maybe one more coat of white.

Hopefully I'll have another decent update soon :D

@ Octavulg - Cheers :ph34r:

Time for another update.

Rhinos

gallery_39897_5762_1824227.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_403045.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_432300.jpg

Lead fist Tac Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_966120.jpg

Used the Power Fist I mentioned in previous posts here, came out pretty nice and with no balance issues :)

Tac Missile Launchers

gallery_39897_5762_526723.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_227933.jpg

2nd Dev Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_1752837.jpg

Took a swan dive off my table immediately after this pic and is now in some need of repair, paintwork held up though.

And there you have it :)

Next will be Rhino number 3, Tac Plasma Cannon and the return of the Captain with spiffy new paintjob.

Comments and Criticism welcomed as always :)

@ Dorns_Fist - Yeah, get back to work you malingerer :) ^_^

Update time again.

Got quite a bit more done and on the go including my command squad and bike squad, anyway on with the pics -

Bike Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_239130.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_146810.jpg

Got a few more highlights to do, mainly the black. Lightning Claw counts as Power Weapon, but I think it looks cooler :cuss Need to get some bolters for the bike as its a salvage job and didn't come with any, also painting the base at the mo. Torso robes are GS and came out pretty good imo.

Rhino No. 3

gallery_39897_5762_133521.jpg

Tac Plasma Cannon

gallery_39897_5762_986093.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_380127.jpg

The Captain (Camaris)

gallery_39897_5762_377127.jpg

Highlights are mostly lost in this pic, so i'll be putting more up of this guy when his command squad is done.

Very PIP scratchbuilt Apothecary

gallery_39897_5762_352334.jpg

Scratchbuilt narthecium and GS Loincloth on this guy. The rest of the command squad is at about the same stage.

Hopefully have some more to show soon, but until then comments and criticism welcome as usual B)

Quick update.

Command Squad is nearing completion, including a freehand company banner which I'm quite proud of as I've never tried it before.

Bike squad is also nearing completion.

I should be getting a pot of Ceramite White today so it'll be interesting to see how this affects my productivity ;)

Had my first proper go with Ceramite White this evening and have to say I am seriously happy with it :cuss :pinch:

Here is the Apothecary from the previous pic after 2 thin coats:

gallery_39897_5762_996063.jpg

To get a White this crisp and smooth would take me 4-5 coats with Skull White, 6-7 if I was going over any colour but Space Wolf Grey!

This should make getting my Company done a lot easier :lol:

Next I'm looking at getting some Army Painter Warpaints and Brushes as I like the look of them, plus I want to see if Darktone really is a perfect cheaper replacement for Badab Black as I've heard Nuln Oil is quite different.

Command Squad with Captain pics will be up around the weekend :huh:

Ahhh, the White Stars, my old foes. I will be over at Christmas and buying a whole new 1,500+ pts army (which I will need your aid in putting together. Hobby times.)

Then I will be using said army to stomp a new mud-hole in your chapter, because that's the way I roll. Like the Devastators. Love the Apothecary. If GW released that as a model, I'd buy it in a second.

Love to see a composite picture of the whole army at this point.

By the way, WHAT UP?

I'll try and get a pic of the army as is during the week, which the Command Squad will be part of.

I should have the whole Company done by Chrimbo :D

What army you looking at getting?

As for What up, same old ;)

Well it's pictorial update time!

I should point out that I just couldn't seem to get very much in the way of good light today, so these pics aren' all that good. But hopefully they'll suffice.

First pic is the playable army as is (I do have other bits and pieces done, but not enough to make game legal squads ^_^

gallery_39897_5762_384632.jpg

This consists of -

2 x 10 man Tac squads

1 x 5 man Tac squad

1 x 10 man Dev squad

1 x 5 man Sternguard squad

Captain

5 man Command Squad (inc. Apothecary & Standard)

3 x Rhinos

Now onto the pics of the Captain and his Command squad -

Captain

gallery_39897_5762_1643831.jpg

Apothecary

gallery_39897_5762_1071306.jpg

Company Standard

1. gallery_39897_5762_504922.jpg

2. gallery_39897_5762_1614311.jpg

Vet 1

gallery_39897_5762_75578.jpg

Vet 2

gallery_39897_5762_1217390.jpg

Vet 3

gallery_39897_5762_782748.jpg

And there you have it for now.

Bikes & Drop Pod are next on the agenda, then I may start on my Crusader.

Comments and Criticism welcomed as usual ^_^