42 minutes ago, Boc said:

I'd recommend, for the mk iii helm eyes, maybe adding a dark wash around the edges (it'll naturally pool there) to help the eyes be a bit more distinguishable

Yeah they ended up a bit blobby, I'll sort them out before I do the decals.

Another bout of insomnia, another burst of activity.

Got the basecoat, first highlight and dark lining done on the Gladiator. Here's where she currently stands.

Also fixed the eyes on the Lieutenant with the MkIII helm but can't be bothered to go and grab him for a pic so it'll keep until I start the decals.

Also, over 100k views.....wow! 

DSC_0139.JPG

Gladiator has gone through the ritual 5+ hours of edge highlighting and got some more base coats done.

Also finished basing, decals* and got the satin varnish on my heresy testers, little bit too shiny on the Mk6 guys arm where I caught it a bit close. I'll fix that with some brush on varnish later.

*I'm using 40k decals as I prefer the design, plus I'm not forking out £20+ for a bleeding decal sheet when I've got loads that are perfectly fine.

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Got distracted, again.

Still working on the Dark Angels, just hit a bit of burnout with them.

But I have picked up a brush recently to continue with another project, for which I actually have something to show.

First half of Tactical squad Gadrael and Captain Sandalphon.

Second half of squad Gadrael is underway along with Veteran Tactical Squad Causiel.

I'll try to get back to posting more regularly, as long as I don't lose focus again :laugh:

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Been working on some non 40k stuff of late, which is why there's been no updates.

However today I got bored and decided I fancied some good old fashioned kitbashing, so I present my new unit of Sternguard*.

*Better pics once they're painted I promise.

DSC_0172.JPG