Thanks guys ;)

Done nowt tonight but clean up a Pred I got from ebay and strip some stuff, also feeling like crap hasn't really motivated me :P

I will take some clearer pics tomorrow and get em up during the evening.

Ok, here are some clearer pics of my first attempt at truescale.

I have made a few additions to this guy after the first 3 pics, such as thickening his feet and adding a wreath to his right pauldron.

I will be adding a damaged helmet to his base as well as possibly some battle damage.

I'm not too enarmoured with the gems on his breastplate though, so these may be replaced before painting (still not sure what Chapter to do him as :tu: )

gallery_39897_5762_1126357.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_424711.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_953843.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_173449.jpg

Anyway, let me know what you think about him, also I will take Colour schemes under advisement ;)

Cheers mate :(

Currently restoring a battered Pred I obtained from ebay, along with a few other bits and pieces whilst waiting for my 36" of GS and my Vindicator show up.

I'll get some more pics of him up once he's had a lick of paint :)

Should have enough to keep me busy for a while now :o

• 2 weeks later...

Update time.

Finally settled on a Chapter for my Truescale bloke and it is Soul Drinkers (mainly because I've just read the books ;) )

And despite injuring my left hand on my b'day :rolleyes: I've managed to get the ebay Pred almost done.

It's not as clean as I would like, but I didn't want to spend forever repairing the damage the previous owner inflicted (I'll try and get a pic up of that at some point)

But this update is just to reassure that I haven't quit and am still working on these guys ;)

Here are some pics of the Pred I salvaged from ebay.

Destructor

gallery_39897_5762_839905.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_1432703.jpg

Annihilator

gallery_39897_5762_1020776.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_72928.jpg

It hasn't come out as smooth as I'd hoped as I had more issues with the repair than I anticipated :tu:

But I am happy that the GS work is not too obvious (at least to me) especially the headlight which is made entirely from GS :tu:

Anyway, I'm going to be adding wear & tear to it next which will hopefully cover up some of the rougher areas and I'll get some pics up once I'm done with that.

Finished pics of the Sternguard and first Tac squad will be in the near future too :)

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let whomever follows this (anybody there?) that the first Tac Squad is now up to a playable level, although as a blanket decision for the army I have decided to leave wear and tear, iconography and basing till I get everything up to this stage (Which I'm hoping ill give me a bit more motivation B) )

I'll take some pics tomorrow hopefully :)

Also, further to the Pred, the more I look at it the more I know I can do better.

I tried a new undercoat method with it which did not go well and then plowed ahead anyway, But it will do for now until I get the rest done.

Edited by Razblood

We're still here Raz...lurking in the shadows. B)

Looking forwards to seeing the Tac Squad Raz, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has reclaimed and salvaged vehicles and miniatures from ebay. Do you have any pics of how it once looked beforehand prior to you salvaging it?

A nice, very thin wash of Badab Black or Asurmen Blue on the vehicles, before drybrushing Skull White onto them will really help to make them pop. :) It's so simple and quick to, the longest time is pretty much waiting for the washes to dry. :) What was the undercoat method you tried to use?

Keep it up!

Cambirus

Edited by Brother Cambrius

I bought some White Gesso from The Works and mixed it with the Liquitex Black Gesso I usually use so that I could build up from Grey instead of Black, unfortunately the White Gesso was a tub of low quality crap so it didn't pull into the detail like the good stuff does and left a severely buggered up surface :(

However it taught me a valuable lesson and as soon as I get paid I'll be ordering some Liquitex White -_-

As for the Badab Black wash, I don't drybrush my White I actually layer it with a mid sized brush :lol: I have lined in some shading with Space Wolves Grey but its a bit bleached out in the pics :( I will give it a go once I get my White Gesso though :)

Thanks for the comments mate :)

I bought some White Gesso from The Works and mixed it with the Liquitex Black Gesso I usually use so that I could build up from Grey instead of Black, unfortunately the White Gesso was a tub of low quality crap so it didn't pull into the detail like the good stuff does and left a severely buggered up surface :(

However it taught me a valuable lesson and as soon as I get paid I'll be ordering some Liquitex White -_-

As for the Badab Black wash, I don't drybrush my White I actually layer it with a mid sized brush :lol: I have lined in some shading with Space Wolves Grey but its a bit bleached out in the pics :( I will give it a go once I get my White Gesso though :)

Thanks for the comments mate :)

Ahh right, sorry to hear the painting failed. Maybe giving the tanks a spraying of Fairy Powerspray to strip it down and starting again with the new paints?

May I suggest combining both techniques (mine and yours)? I did that with my Vanquishers Vindicator and it looks very nice, doing the layering first, then the wash and drybrushing. The washes help to give some shading, to help the layering technique so they blend in nicely and the drybrushing picks out the edges and hides any wash streaks if they appear. :(

My pleasure Razblood, it's great seeing a DIY chapter slowly grow over time like this.

Cambrius

@ Dorns_Fist - Yeah I am :P

@ Brother Cambrius - Heres a link to the auction page, only pic I have available of the Pred in the state I got it: Pred in original state

Now on with the show :tu:

Here is a pic of the first tac squad in their current state.

Squad

gallery_39897_5762_455780.jpg

And a close up of the Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_567588.jpg

I'm quite happy with him as the skin came out nice and smooth, also this is the first time I've done head stubble and I think it came out great :)

The squad as a whole is one highlight level away from completion and will stay at this stage till the rest of the army is done, at which point I'll do the final highlights, wear and tear, bases & Chapter iconography.

Comments/Criticism appreciated :)

Can tell you've been painting more as your skills are moving up with each model, love the stubble, thats very hard to get at times (i should know)

well done as always fella, and i'm awsome - er loool

Looking very nice indeed Raz! ;) I've not tried doing the stubbled bald head so well done on a fine execution of painting it. The painting's looking very clean and smooth. Where is the sergeant's head from? It looks very swish.

My only suggestion for them is maybe add honour/crusade markings on one of the knees or maybe a squad number to help break up the white on the bodies a little? Not sure if that was your initial plan but I think it'd really help the models a lot in the end. :)

Cambrius

Cheers guys,

The stubble was easier than I thought it would be, I just used a knackered small drybrush and Charadon Granite from the pot ( with very little paint on the brush) and then just stippled it on :tu:

All squad markings and such will be added once the whole army is up to this sort of stage, which will be a while :D

As for the Sarge's head, it's actually the standard head for the model which is a Battle for Macragge Mini.

Currently fixing up and getting my next Tac squad ready for paint, just waiting for my White Gesso to turn up.

Quick update, my White Gesso finally showed so I am working on the second Tactical squad.

I will hopefully have the White finished tomorrow and the squad done within a few days, at which point I'll get some more pics up :P

And another update,

I have a few pics of the next Tac Squad as they were a couple of hours ago, as I have since done the metal work on them.

These have been painted in a different way as they are undercoated White and I am therefore motoring through them at a much quicker rate :P.

Squad shot

gallery_39897_5762_488252.jpg

Melta Guy

gallery_39897_5762_230902.jpg

This is an old head swap, a no-prize if you can guess where the head hails from ;)

Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_248565.jpg

This guy is one of my armies old heroes, who was personally responsible for the brutal beating of an entire squad of Tau Crisis suits :)

I felt he really deserved a new lease on life.

Comments /Criticism if you have any :)

Cheers :),

I think I may get this squad nearly done, if not completely finished, this evening.

Then it'll be on to the next one :tu:

The head is from an old Necromunda Van Saar Ganger (Still got most of a gang :lol: )

Aside from a few more touches Tac squad 2 is now pretty much at the same stage as the first squad :D

Pics will be up tomorrow.

I'm not sure what to do next though? Character? Squad? Vehicle is not currently an option as I need to do some repair work to the Rhino for Squad 2. I guess I could do the Heavy Weapons for the First two squads :unsure:

Opinions welcome :)

Ok as promised, here are a few pics from Tac squad 2.

I decided to show 3 of the marines from the squad, but all of them are at this stage.

Group shot

gallery_39897_5762_1719760.jpg

Melta Guy

gallery_39897_5762_1697726.jpg

Auspex Carrier

gallery_39897_5762_970003.jpg

Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_687966.jpg

I know they are not super crisp, but I am aiming for tabletop quality at a decent speed.

Overall I'd say the whole squad took about 7 hours, probably less.

Next on the agenda are the heavy weapons for the eventual 6 Tactical squads I will have. I've finished one Multi-Melta (which was simply a head repaint) and am currently working on a Lascannon, after that will be the Plasma Cannon (another head repaint) and then the final Multi-Melta followed by 2 Missile Launchers.

Comments/Criticism welcome ^_^

That last guy as calm as an old man getting a bed bath in a nursing home.

"i'll casually shoot down loads of xenos whilst showing off my powerfist"

nice marines though G

Not bad boss.

Looking at your stuff my crit would be the blue despite being highlighted looks a little flat. I would say this is because the highlight colour is too close to the original. I also think the blue is too thick.

Things your doing real nice, faces, the scorch marks and the captain conversion posted last page.

Humble opinion. Also thanks for you comment.

EDit: Forgot to say that pred you rescued should thank you.. damn.

Edited by Yogi