Campaign: Liber Astartes

Cpt_Reaper

So assignment of section leaders should be next i think, once we have all been assigned.

How about an assignment deadline, say friday? after which un assigned chapters will be slotted into a section and we can move on as groups.

This may get confusing though if we have members jumping from one section to another, i think section assignment needs to be tighter (stricter) because i wont envy ferrata having to police this campaign.

The Gryphon Guard are definitely interested in Chapter 3 in Tempestus and a lesser involvement for Chapter 1.

Would perhaps a kind of Honour Company with units from a lot of chapter be involved in the second last campaign? Every chapter that wanted to sent a representative did and then they actually turn out to be needed... I know Ferrata mentioned an Honour guard, just expanding on the possibilities.

Perhaps the final conflict could be an imalgimation of the all the forces involved so far, as they all sent an honour guard if they wished,. Instead of specific Chapters the last bit could be the disparrate small groups of each involved Chapter uniting to stop/cause the rise of St Petrok. It seems most are interested in a part in the final showdown so this is a way it could all work.

I'm already seeing a few problems.

First is that because of honour and so on, everyone feels (with good reason, IMO) that their chapter would be involved in the final section. It totally makes sense, but it'll get crowded if we don't tone it down to maybe single companies or smaller forces, barring the newer chapters who need their fair share of time to shine.

Second is that some people are signing up to quite a few chapters at once. Perhaps we should limit it to 2 each, picking people for extras if the story requires it? Otherwise I can see some chapters getting a lot of spotlight for no reason other than their players not being as reserved with putting themselves forward. Doesn't seem fair to me; that players who are trying to give everyone else a chance, get less screen time because they're being considerate. Perhaps we need to implement some more strict rule to keep things balanced?

Ok for me my chapter can fit into:

Preferably 1 and/or 6 would be best for me :P

So I'm signing up to 1 and 6, but if there are issues with fitting people in my guys can fit into 4 and 5 if that helps.

I'm already seeing a few problems.

First is that because of honour and so on, everyone feels (with good reason, IMO) that their chapter would be involved in the final section. It totally makes sense, but it'll get crowded if we don't tone it down to maybe single companies or smaller forces, barring the newer chapters who need their fair share of time to shine.

Second is that some people are signing up to quite a few chapters at once. Perhaps we should limit it to 2 each, picking people for extras if the story requires it? Otherwise I can see some chapters getting a lot of spotlight for no reason other than their players not being as reserved with putting themselves forward. Doesn't seem fair to me; that players who are trying to give everyone else a chance, get less screen time because they're being considerate. Perhaps we need to implement some more strict rule to keep things balanced?

I think that 1 chapter per Chapter is enough. If a chapter needs more involvement, then volunteers can be taken to fill the slots.

EDIT:

I also think we should call them something other then chapters .... as you can see above it can get confusing. :woot:

And since the 4th, 5th, qnd 6th parts are literally in the same what, three decades? My chapter was an early chapter that just played around on the edge of the galaxy, but for the last part why would my chapter see a rebellion rise up and then leave? Or a revived saint come back to serve Chaos, and then leave? It seems to me that anyone involved for 4 would stay for five and six, and if someone was in 5 they would stay for 6.

Am I making any sense at all? I honestly think that 4, 5, and 6 should be folded together for an epic three act conclusion!

Would that be Emperor-sauce, or would that be heresy-sauce?

Am I making any sense at all? I honestly think that 4, 5, and 6 should be folded together for an epic three act conclusion!

I'd prefer to keep them seperate, personally.

Especially since part 4 is where my Loyalists and Traitors are going to clash good and proper, and then I can let other Chapters grab some spotlight in the closing acts.

Especially since part 4 is where my Loyalists and Traitors are going to clash good and proper, and then I can let other Chapters grab some spotlight in the closing acts.

You're gonna have good and bad guys it the same part .... shame on you :)

My Chapter (The Crimson Spears) might be able to participate in "Chapter 2 C: The Limetiri Conflict" but they were founded LATE in M.39, so they may not be able to depending on the timeline

The dates are relatively random at the moment, just picking dates to roughly put them in order. If it works to move the Campaigns about a bit, then we can do this.

Actually, while we're here, do the Black Swans have anything to do with the ballet play?

A random name from the CNC, but I thought it would work for now. Eventaully, we might decide to call them something else.

Would perhaps a kind of Honour Company with units from a lot of chapter be involved in the second last campaign? Every chapter that wanted to sent a representative did and then they actually turn out to be needed... I know Ferrata mentioned an Honour guard, just expanding on the possibilities.

To be honest, I presumed that a majority of the forces in charged of shipping the relics back would be honour guards from the chapters involved in which ever conflict they had been in. So, say each chapter that had helped put Timmingburg to sleep sends a squad to watch the Sword home. They will automatically roll over into the 5 section.

Well, it really is a three-part conclusion, I've just separated them out. Four is quite a weak section, but it is important for the story and it hints that someone really does not want this to happen (I thought it might be better if we never really ever mention the Eldar in the story).

You're gonna have good and bad guys it the same part .... shame on you :P

What would you prefer I did, never have them meet?

Can't really take the fight to the bad guys if, you know, I don't fight them. ;)

To be honest, I presumed that a majority of the forces in charged of shipping the relics back would be honour guards from the chapters involved in which ever conflict they had been in. So, say each chapter that had helped put Timmingburg to sleep sends a squad to watch the Sword home. They will automatically roll over into the 5 section.

Well, it really is a three-part conclusion, I've just separated them out. Four is quite a weak section, but it is important for the story and it hints that someone really does not want this to happen (I thought it might be better if we never really ever mention the Eldar in the story).

Oh. Put like that, I guess the Red Lords won't be up to much in Chapter 4.

I'll wait and see where my loyalists can best fit in, then. ^_^

My traitors, on the other hand, are probably going to be very busy. :lol:

Ace, I was kidding. I was planning on using 2B as part of my IA ... it'd be when we're all off fighting and Pyron is destroyed. Do it Ace ... fight Ace jr.

my chapters fit any, but the characters i wanted to focus on are basically M41.900 onwards. What is the average age of a Chapter Master in command or captains or Chaplains? that will help me see if I can rework some date with my chapter. as of now my chapter master was born in M41.890 and my Chaplain Zealot is around M41.900-920 range. If i rewrite them for the M41.830s that would put them well over 200 years of age for non-BA geneseed(since BA are young when there like 400). Is that plausible or are we talking old marines at over 200 yrs of age if there not BA (my children have Ferrus Manus genesed).

I just really wanna see my name sake Chaplain Zealot Khalidus utterly destroy a word bearer dark apostle. I could write into the story of how he took the skull of dark apostle maefus, and in that battle khalidus lost his left eye and right arm during the battle. that would be a nice backstory to why Khalidus is all bionic'd out and its mentioned in my IA so its nice background fluff ;)

I can do pretty much any of them as my guys are fleet based with a homeworld on the eastern fringe. You can put my guys anywhere, I just particularly dont wana fight orks (i find them boring species compared to others) so place me where needed.

we are allowed to have our chapters fight in two time slots?

My Chapter (The Crimson Spears) might be able to participate in "Chapter 2 C: The Limetiri Conflict" but they were founded LATE in M.39, so they may not be able to depending on the timeline

The dates are relatively random at the moment, just picking dates to roughly put them in order. If it works to move the Campaigns about a bit, then we can do this.

I have the same problem; if it could be changed to after 25th Founding this would be great :lol: . I don’t mind if another chapter gets the glory of obtaining the bones and taking them back or a company goes down fighting, as long as the Dire Wolves get to kill lots of chaos scum they will be very happy. ;)

I'll sign up the Angels Vengeance Chapter of the 26th founding to chapters 5 and 6, I would say 4 but my chapter had a long time to build strength but if needed i will comply. But i would prefer to be in chapters 5 and 6.

I dont know if this is being discussed yet but how much should each chapter give in the way of the actually force. I could probs give up to 3-4 companies worth of marines, fighting vehicles and a sizeable fleet section.

Ace, I was kidding. I was planning on using 2B as part of my IA ... it'd be when we're all off fighting and Pyron is destroyed. Do it Ace ... fight Ace jr.

Oops. My humour sensor must be playing up. B)

Guess I'm off to see the Techmarines. ;)

Give i'm 26th founding I suppose it's 4-6, preferably 4 I suppose given the Night Scorpions could travel with the tempestus relic towards ultrima rather than being dragged into something on the other side of the galaxy.

~Gil :)

Well, unless someone volunteers My 'Reavers are gonna be mighty disappointed when they turn up and find there's no one there to fight against......

Of course, they could start fighting each other I suppose.....

my chapters fit any, but the characters i wanted to focus on are basically M41.900 onwards. What is the average age of a Chapter Master in command or captains or Chaplains? that will help me see if I can rework some date with my chapter. as of now my chapter master was born in M41.890 and my Chaplain Zealot is around M41.900-920 range. If i rewrite them for the M41.830s that would put them well over 200 years of age for non-BA geneseed(since BA are young when there like 400). Is that plausible or are we talking old marines at over 200 yrs of age if there not BA (my children have Ferrus Manus genesed).

I just really wanna see my name sake Chaplain Zealot Khalidus utterly destroy a word bearer dark apostle. I could write into the story of how he took the skull of dark apostle maefus, and in that battle khalidus lost his left eye and right arm during the battle. that would be a nice backstory to why Khalidus is all bionic'd out and its mentioned in my IA so its nice background fluff ;)

I can do pretty much any of them as my guys are fleet based with a homeworld on the eastern fringe. You can put my guys anywhere, I just particularly dont wana fight orks (i find them boring species compared to others) so place me where needed.

we are allowed to have our chapters fight in two time slots?

You could probably explain it with bionics? I mean, the whole reason an old person gets old is because their flesh becomes weak. If you replace that weak flesh with steel, then it'd be just as new :D

Well, unless someone volunteers My 'Reavers are gonna be mighty disappointed when they turn up and find there's no one there to fight against......

Volunteers for what? ;)

Volunteers for what? ;)

I was referring to the fact that most of the Frater want their Chapter in parts 4, 5 or 6. Way things are going I won't have anyone to fight because they've all been shoe horned in at the end. It was meant as a light hearted comment, but I can see that it could have been taken another way :D

I was referring to the fact that most of the Frater want their Chapter in parts 4, 5 or 6. Way things are going I won't have anyone to fight because they've all been shoe horned in at the end. It was meant as a light hearted comment, but I can see that it could have been taken another way :(

I was just puzzled, is all. :lol:

I think perhaps my bionic sense enhancer isn't working right.

That's the last time I trust Brother 'Honest' John the Techmarine with the repairs. :lol:

So, which part(s) are your Reavers going to be in?

I'm sure someone will step up to the plate and have a shot at them.

Archived