Thanks folks,

Oak river, exactly, aerodynamics are important ;)

Squigsquasher, he is an awesome model, I'm still trying to make my mind up about the chains, may yet remove some of them. Or at least the bloody great weights on the end.

The Traitor, thank you, the old school Zerkers were built way back in 2009 I think? Not 100% sure, they suffer a little as quite a few of them have very similar poses. Once they're added to scenic bases it shouldn't be too noticeable though.

As for the new Berserkers, thank you, I wasn't sure about using the Raptor kits for a while but now I have done I'm loving them. They seem so much bulkier and angrier looking than my old squads who were built back in 2011 I think. The 32mm bases also help to add the sense of presence these guys have. A couple of them in that pic seem to be floating but that'll disappear again once I detail their bases. I'm planning on building at least another 2 squads like this.

Nighthunters! Now there's a name I haven't seen in a while. Great to hear from you bud. :tu:

Thanks buddy, I mostly just wing it though. :D

I tend to overthink conversions a lot. If I just sit down with a pile of bits I tend to do better work than if I really plan a model out. Malek Deimos is a good example of that. I've had an idea in my head of how I wanted him to look but couldn't quite get there until recently, he's still not quite how I picture him, not yet anyway but he's getting pretty damn close.

As for the snow it's Crushed Glass from Secret Weapon Miniatures. I love it and plan to bulk buy quite a bit more in the near future. My pics don't really do it justice either, it does look real irl. :tu:

Cheers on the snow, it looks really, erm, real! I always fancied doing my Black Legion with snow but never found anything anywhere near as good as that, ofc I would need a table to match.....I am doing a Necromunda gang later this year, I may use that. 'Toxic underhive snow' :D

Awesome! Did you add a vox grill to either the old berserker skull helm or biker champ? It looks cool.

Really nice work.

And with the Raptors not having bunny ears it doesn't disrupt the airflow into the jump pack inlets :D

Just imagine the intake nearly snapping their necks back as the bunny ears get sucked in.

Really nice work.

And with the Raptors not having bunny ears it doesn't disrupt the airflow into the jump pack inlets :biggrin.:

Just imagine the intake nearly snapping their necks back as the bunny ears get sucked in.

Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows  :D

Thanks buddy, I mostly just wing it though. :biggrin.:

I tend to overthink conversions a lot. If I just sit down with a pile of bits I tend to do better work than if I really plan a model out. Malek Deimos is a good example of that. I've had an idea in my head of how I wanted him to look but couldn't quite get there until recently, he's still not quite how I picture him, not yet anyway but he's getting pretty damn close.

As for the snow it's Crushed Glass from Secret Weapon Miniatures. I love it and plan to bulk buy quite a bit more in the near future. My pics don't really do it justice either, it does look real irl. :thumbsup:

Secret Weapon have a lot of great stuff. I have their ash pigment for weathering on my Blood Angels

Hushrong, the Berserker Champions head was made from the skull helm from the berseker kit with the Vox grille part from a Blood Angel head. It was the one with the hair and respirator from the Sang guard kit I think. It's been a while since I built that head.

Oakriver, I'd bought the crushed glass as a guy at my club was selling it so I wanted to give it a try, like I say though I'll be buying another couple of pots soon. :tu:

Very nice. I really like their pigments, I just have to get better with it to get the right effect. My test mini was ok but I know I can do better and that using Lahmian Medium to seal it will knock back the effect also.

For the rubble texture on my bases I was lucky to find different grades of sand on sale at our local Meijer so they got scooped up. I think they came with some crushed glass too.

Like I said on FB, glad to see those zerkers! The floating ones are extremely cool, make sure that effect of mid-jump doesn't disappear. All of them are awesome, in the true sense of the word, they look savage, bloodthirsty barbarians about to start their business.

Oakriver, until fairly recently I lived next to a beach so I have plenty of sand. Plenty crushed glass in there as well ha. :)

Maximvs, thank you buddy. I'll definitely try and have a couple them looking more commited than others. I won't be adding a lot to the bases just a few bits of broken cork and some rubble etc

I have a game tonight against my regular Blood Angels opponent so will try and get a couple of pics. Hope to make a start on the second berserker squad tomorrow night as well real life permitting. :tu:

You're on a bit of a roll with the painting at the moment, Bio. Good on you.

Those new 'zerkers look mean and murderous and hella dynamic. Excellent job.

Marks off for the heresy of appropriating that BA chaplain helmet! Though I must concede that it blends right in woth everything else.

I enjoy that the power armoured champ seems to have a case of crazy eyes. Most apt.

Thanks Sock, I plan to continue with the painting asap. Especially after last nights game where I managed a win against my regular Blood Angel opponent.

My list was a Chaos Warband

Lord on Bike with Bloodfeeder and LC, sigil of corruption. Warlord trait was True Berserker (FNP, Eternal Warrior in combat)

Unit of 5 bikes,

2 Terminator Squads

1 squad Melta heavy the other flamer heavy.

Unit of 8 Raptors, 2 Melta and power sword and Melta bombs on the champ.

Unit of 8 Havocs in a Rhino with 4 Melta

2 x CSM, Melta and champ with power sword and Melta bombs in each.

Lord of the Legion

Jugger Lord with Berserker Glaive, sigil

AuX spawn.

The Blood Angels had

Dante,

Squad of Sang Guard, led by Sanguinor one with +1 A banner combat squadded I think. These guys were part of a formation that could choose the turn it arrived via Deep strike. They came on turn 3.

5 man squad of Death company with a chaplain.

3 Squads of Scouts, 2 sniper squads and a squad with a missile launcher, this squad was in a Razorback with TLHB.

Baal predator

2 x Librarian Dreadnought

Standard Dread with Multi Melta and ccw

There's a squad of Terminators with TH/SS that had an Inquisitor and an acolyte from Imperial Agents. I think the acolyte guy could give re rolls to hits or wounds.

My Jugger Lord charged Dante on turn 2 who had been left on his own due to a poor reserve roll, took two wounds off Dante before he ran away. My opponents following turn the Sang Guard and Sanguinor that were Dantes back up arrived. The Sang Guard charged my CSM and wiped them out fairly quickly although my lowly guys did drop two of them in return. Sanguinor and Dante then charged my Lord trying to press the advantage, I got another wound off Dante and they both failed to wound the Lord. Dante left the combat again and went on to destroy a Rhino then didn't do a whole lot more while I was locked with the Sanguinor for the rest of the game before I finally failed my last FNP roll. Was a great fight. Another great combat was my Bike Lord locking horns with the Librarian Dreadnought, that combat we had to leave unresolved so the enmity between those two commanders lives on. All my reserves arrived turn 2, the Raptors and Melta Termis landed directly behind the Baal and the Razorback and popped both them. The bikes moved up and destroyed the Melta Dread. Managed to score Overwhelming fire power with a WE army so was chuffed with that. :)

All in was a really great game and I think if we'd had time for another turn (we finished turn 4) I more than likely would have lost but it would have been really close. I think the final score was 9-7.

As for the CSM Champ I did think of drilling out the eyes but I quite like the crazy googly eyes he has now. Quite fitting for someone lost to a blood rage. :tu:

Edited by Biohazard

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, Lord of the Angelic Host? Yeah right. Big shiny sissy girl more like. :D

Gutted Sanguinor killed my Lord before I got a chance to finish off Dante though.

Don't have much of an update just yet as I've been working on some Age of Sigmar stuff for a game I have this Friday. Will be back on my WE after that.

I've also been asked by a guy at my club to build him a Night Lord jump pack lord. Haven't started on the body yet but I made a start on the jump pack. Needs a bit more ornamentation still. I liked the idea of trying to mimic the Legion Icon

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/B1455D6B-CF41-4A6D-9C6B-04B84216CC05.jpg

As I say once I've attempted to ravage the Mortal Realms this weekend I'll be back to the XIIth :tu:

Thanks a lot guys, I'm really looking forward to putting more work into this model. It's for the same guy I built a Khorne Jump lord for last year but this time it's something new for me. I get to add bat wings instead of bunny ears :) I have a few ideas for the torso and his lightning claws. Need to wait on a couple of bits coming through the mail before I get to work on them though.

Augustus, I've just checked out your thread and yeah I see what you did there, that's an awesome touch. You've also reminded me I need to paint a new avatar pic. I made this one waaaay back in 2010/11 as my first vision for Malek Deimos. I'll update once Malek 2.0 is finished I think. Keep with the times :)

And the skull is from Blood&Skull industries on eBay. I'd ordered a few different sizes the last time I ordered Oppressor tracks. I think Machinator still posts on here as well. :tu:

Edited by Biohazard

Hushrong, that's an awesome little scene! Love it

So tonight I was sorting out my hobby room a little and spotted this guy sitting on the shelf so I decided to give him some love. The cockpit is finished but you'll have to wait until he's finished before you get to see that ;)

Until then here's a couple of early paint in progress shots. :tu:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/5939D340-7010-4732-8B72-473552D00EEF.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/358C6B34-42AB-43CA-804D-49174224DFD2.jpg

And easily my favourite shot

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/A5EA5328-E3E9-4A8A-A762-08862C6442E8.jpg

Still got a long way to go on this guy. The red and most of the metallics are still in the early stages. I really enjoyed sorting the cockpit out tonight and then once I started painting I don't want to stop. A little minion who'll be surfacing fairly soon means I'll have to stop for tonight though.