Inglorious Drunkards² (Tavern Brawls + Solo Duels)

MaveriK

Here's to praying my body has stabilized and I won't be passed out drunk by the time this starts. With the way my health's been, I had two beers the other night and I was out like a light. Damn you brain, don't fail me now!

Looks like we have:

Postal

Arez

Myself

in a pack and ready to rock!

gallery_24878_5332_20521.jpg

Inglorious Drunkards II was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=194681

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=206879

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=217688

:: The Turn Sequence ::

1) Movement. A player moves similar to a rook and bishop in chess; moving any number of squares along rank, file, or diagonal

2) Shooting. (OPTIONAL, may go directly into combat if user wishes) Players can throw weapons available in each square tile in the map, weapons that consist from bottles, chairs, tables and the occasional Blood Claw. Shooting causes the player to be stunned and pinned.

3) Close Combat. Each user has the option to tag-team, or fight other users occupying a single tile in close combat. Once a player fails his save, he continues fight on with the following negative modifiers (-1 attack, -1 initiative) until he fails his leadership test.

Each member is responsible for giving out their instructions to their pack leader (alpha). Players have a total of 48hrs (24hrs North American side, 24hrs European/Asian side) to submit their instructions to keep the brawl running smoothly. Passed out or inactive members during the brawl are given a specified time to react (24hrs). If we hear nothing from the user, his character is then stripped, shaven, de-fanged, dressed as a Dark Angel marine and thrown out of the tavern, and is therefore referred to as an oath breaker! It's just that simple.

:: The Rules ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated bartender/servitor. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only five users may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to crash our party. Just remember, at the end of the night there can only be one man standing. Even if your team manages to be the victor of the night, the pack needs an alpha. Therefore to run your pack, you have to fight for the title.

4) Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if the drunkard can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 WS, -1 A, -1 I) the drunkard breaks off from combat and restarts at a safe location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconscious and is therefore subject to being used as a weapon by anyone in the tile or can be used as an ablative wound. ie. imagine a drunken Blood Claw being used by a long fang as a weapon

6) The last three drunkards remaining, become league members. If one of those players is already a League member, then it defaults to the next non-league member. League championship upgrades teams or characters to the following: Wolf Guard, Iron Priest, and Storm Claw.

7) The last man standing, wins the game and earns the title of Inglorious Brawler.

:: Pack Wide Rules ::

And They Shall Know No Fear

Acute Senses

Counter-attack

:: THE MAP ::

gallery_24878_5332_84867.jpg

:: Tavern Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_64204.jpg

(users choose one of the following troop choices)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Blood Claw

1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex

2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Hunter

1) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending

2) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed armour save

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Slayer (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

2) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Scout (Wolf Scouts are solitude warriors that are touched by Lokyar. Wolf Scouts may only join a team if there are two other Wolf Scouts attached in a team. Wolf Scouts working together and numbering three or more in a team, gains 3+ armour save for the remainder of the entire brawl.)

1) Brawlers who wish to strike at a Wolf Scout (shooting or close combat) must first roll Ld to see if he can attack the Wolf Scout

2) Disarm and Stun. During any combat, a Wolf Scout may attempt to disengage. The Wolf Scout rolls a D6: On a result of 4+, the Wolf Scout may redeploy anywhere on the battlefield after the combat round is resolved.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Long Fang

1) Double Tap. Long Fangs gain the ability to shoot two attacks per tile

2) Fire Control. Allows other Long Fangs who are sharing a tile, gains an added shooting attack to their Double Tap special rule.

ex. 3 Long Fangs sharing a tile, have a total of 9 shooting attacks

:: League Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

(League Members ONLY. Inglorious Brawlers may upgrade their characters to the following)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Guard

1) TDA. 2+ armour save

2) Runic Charm. May re-roll one failed armour save.

3) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Iron Priest

1) Runic Armour. 2+ armour save

2) Bionics. May choose to forfeit all attacks to make a single double strength attack on opponent.

3) Servo-Arm. Gains an additional attack, but may wish to forfeit this attack for a single double strength attack on opponent.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Storm Claw (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Furious Charge

2) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

3) Healing Potions & Balms. Old tech, borrowed from the 13th company wolf priest. May ignore one failed armour save, may also help revive fallen team mate, per tile.

SPACE WOLF CHAMPIONS

gallery_24878_5332_11488.jpg

Night One: Sturm Moonwolf (Long Fang)

Night Two: Growler67 (Wolf Scout Korvis)

Night Three: TiguriusX (Grey Hunter)

Night Four: MaveriK (Grey Hunter)

Night Five: Orphus (Blood Claw)

LEAGUE MEMBERS

League Member: Nacho Wolf

League Member: Firenze

League Member: Decoy

League Member: Mikal Wolfheart

League Member: Starkhan Fellblade

League Member: Wolf Lord Metuhs

League Member: The LoneWolf

League Member: Chapter Master Ignis Domus

League Member: hendrik

League Member: BrotherCrazywolf

League Member: Jonas Stromclaw

gallery_24878_5332_101804.jpg

:: Solo Duels ::

Members of the Fang are welcomed to call out other members in order to settle unspoken grudges or help end a debate/argument from withing the threads here at B&C, via by challenging each other here at the Fang. The winner of the solo match is deemed the alpha between the two combatants and gains a bonus when the actual tavern brawl begins. The alpha can choose one of the following bonuses: extra close combat attack, or an initiative boost. Solo duels are also a good way to help decide, who leads each team for the actual brawl. Established chain of command will follow to the challenger of the solo duel should the alpha of the pack is knocked out during the tavern brawl. Please note that the solo match is separate from the brawl. After the fighting, both players reset to their original state. The solo duels help kick off the actual brawl because their fighting.

gallery_24878_5332_84867.jpg

NIGHT ONE: Inglorious Drunkards

Team Decoy

- Decoy (pack leader, Storm Claw)

- Brother Crazywolf (Storm Claw)

- Firenze (Iron Priest)

- elithren (Grey Slayer)

-

Team hendrik

- hendrik ironskull (pack leader, Wolf Guard)

- hrothgar the bold (Chapter Master Ignis Domus, 2nd in command, Wolf Guard)

- skadi, the she-wolf (Grey Hunter)

- forte the unweilding (Blood Claw)

- Wolf Lord Kieran, the Talon of Fenris (Grey Hunter)

Team Nrth

- Nrtrhstar (pack leader, Grey Hunter) B2

- postal (2nd in command, Grey Hunter) B2

- Arez (Grey Slayer) B2

-

-

Team Alex

- commander alexander (pack leader, Grey Slayer) C3

- Rune_Priest_Rhapsody (Grey Hunter) C3

- Vantius (Blood Claw) C3

- Loki-LaughingDeath (Blood Claw) C3

-

SOLO or Undecided

- Wysten (Wolf Scout) F5

- Brother Ramses (Tyr Bloodmaw, Grey Slayer)

- Runepriest2007

- Wolf Lord Metuhs (Storm Claw)

- Zynk Kaladin (Grey Hunter)

- Reyner (Grey Slayer)

- Chef Wulfen (Long Fang)

- Torin (Blood Claw)

--EDIT--

If I'm forgetting someone let me know. Last minute changes for teams and such, can still be done before the brawl. Let me know if everyone is happy with their teams or you wish to be added to a team. I'm at work right now and posting from the phone. Brawl starts Friday, August 12. 10:00pm

What timezone is that 10pm start time?

For Mav and I, it's Canada Mountain Time. I don't know how much of a difference it is for our American users. But remember, our UK friends along with the rest of Europe and Asia, have that additional 24hrs from start time to post and delegate. :cuss

Really you can pick anything in the non league groups, previously we chose bloodclaw to keep with the board theme. This is a mix of fun, fluff, and board disagreement solution. Any youngbloods who care to join up with the rest of us pups feel free to start with us at the table @ B2!

So, just for sticks and giggles, how is the "rank" of a fighter determined? Length of time on board, number of posts ?

Runepriest

You pick a troop choice, but only League Members have access to every troop choice available for the brawl. The length of time depends on how quickly everyone can post instructions, each side of the pond (N. America + Europe/Asia) has 24hrs to give instructions. You become a League Member, if your one of the last three remaining fighters at the end of each tavern brawl. If your on a team, your team leader has 48hrs in total to dictate instructions.

I don't think allot is going to happen tonight, it's mainly getting and giving everyone enough time to set up their locations. Once everyone is on the map, I think that's when things are going to start to pick up. Right now I know hendrik is away on a wedding, so command on location goes to Ignis.

Archived