Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

@Aqatone: This here masterpiece is the best 40K drawing I've ever seen. I like Mr. (or Lord) Dainton's view of disproportionate armour combined with thinner arms. It reinforces the bulk while making the pose more fluid.

and at the very least shaping them on the drawing right from the start. Failure to do so will force you to erase more an better lines.

There's bulk and then there's just grotesque deformity. I'd wager to go and say that you've taken daintons style and bulked it up again to a representation of something more in line with Nurgle. He looks bloated to bizarre degrees. I'm not criticizing your drawing ability, I've always been an advocate of bulky marines - it's a good drawing. I just think you've gone over board in his proportions in trying to convey bulk and size. Instead the term "lard ass" comes to mind.

I can see how it may look so, but I hate thin-legged marines. And my view of Terminator armour is that of a huge piece of mechanized armour (sorry for the redundance). Can't stand when all that differs it from the power variant is the "roof" above the head.

This here masterpiece is the best 40K drawing I've ever seen. I like Mr. (or Lord) Dainton's view of disproportionate armour combined with thinner arms. It reinforces the bulk while making the pose more fluid.

The proportions look totally wrong for it, even if you consider the pose might disguise some of the bulk around the abdomen or chest area; the legs by far outsize the rest of the body proportionally and it makes little sense.

Tactical Dreanaught Armour is simply a bulked up version of Power Armour, despite the name suggesting it being a personal suit of actual Dreadnaught armour, and as such the limbs should have a greater thickness but not so great as the trunk - remember even a Terminator is supposed to be able to manipulate things within his gauntlet.

I can see how it may look so, but I hate thin-legged marines. And my view of Terminator armour is that of a huge piece of mechanized armour (sorry for the redundance). Can't stand when all that differs it from the power variant is the "roof" above the head.

I'm not disagreeing with you. As I mentioned, I am all for bulky marines and despise thin legged marines. I just feel that there is bulk, and then there is your terminator. You obviously aspire to improve with every drawing you do, so I wish to criticise and attempt to be helpful instead of just heaping lavish praise upon you <_< I look at Mr daintons grey knight and see bulk but also versatility in his proportions. Yours looks as though he'd even have trouble walking thanks to his over exaggerated (even for a marine) limbs. He doesn't appear to even be able to bend down to pick anything up. Where as mr daintons looks as though he could do just about anything. I hope I'm not coming across as overly negative here and hope you understand my criticisms B)

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/332/e/7/hive_gorger_murciel_by_greyall-d4hkc3l.jpg

Ordo Malleus Channel 88349-Auron: Inquisitor Lord ########

Source: Agent Theta/47 - Sergeant Arriaga, Inquisitorial Storm Trooper Squad 759

Priority: High

My Lord ########, we've completed the interrogation of the survivors of Hive Rasgus. All 35 of them, sir, every single one a husband and father, most driven to irreparable madness from witnessing their families' slaughter. Pardon the excessive detail, Lord, but it matches the hive massacre we've been investigating for the past six months in Bolvantus, down to the number, gender and marital status of those left alive.

And again, retrieved pict-data from the Hive's internal circuit shows a single attacker. Lord, I remember well your reaction on Bolvantus, but we've put every capable servitor to work on this and every cross-hour and visual analysis results in the attack having been perpetrated by a single fiend. That it seems like a traitor Astartes in Tactical Dreadnought Armour does little to quell the astonishment, Lord.

The first attack was on the Hive-Governor's facilities, and with no relevant material damage to report, which explains the late aid-request to our fleet. From there, the traitor Astartes stalked various sections of the Hive across the following two months, always with the same emphasis on psychological warfare: taking hold of the bloc's audio circuit to broadcast a constant, bass laughter that chills the spine even with the data's bad state. From then, he...We have almost a million dead in two months, Lord - not counting the Bolvantus situation - and without the use of a single explosive or any weapon of greater power than a heavy flamer...

Shock and unrest are starting to take root on some soldiers, something I've done my best to put down, even resorting to exerting exemplary discipline upon Corporate Georgos.

+++FOR INQUISITORIAL EYES ONLY+++

Dammit, #####, we've fought alongside each other for years, you know I trust your judgement more than I do mine. I'm fully aware of how much you risk in requesting reinforcements from the Ordo, but we can't put this monster to the blade with just our men. I beg of you, listen to me, before we lose far more.

End of Message

Ladies and gents, Hive-Gorger [Ravagas] Murciel

I think it shows I've just bought - and liked - the Vampire Counts armybook. Still, i tried not to go overboard with the bat-wing theme, and I don't think it's excessive. A few fun facts. That's not his ribcage, of course. The flamer seems a little bland, but I wanted him to be kind of discrete in his difference. The trim is supposed to be fused bone. Notice the Nostraman Lion skull, marking him as an Atramentar. Hope y'all like it, thanks for checking him out.

LIke him allot.. and he looks even more sweet and awesome when i picture him with colours in my head.... :lol: hi is not totaly justifed without colours mate but realy nice!!! :) its one of them that id like to se in colour myself, othervise om like you in painting just black and white and leave the coulours to the imagenation of the vewer.... Still the World eater one is the best of the termis!! :) love your art mate and a great massiv insperation and character about them! love the storys you write to mate!!

Cheers mate!

I don't want to shamelessly plug in my "art" but i'm slowly getting to all of greyall's lineart for colors, with his permission of course. If he doesn't mind the posting and anyone is interested in seeing the coloured versions of his lines lemme know. If greyall gives the thumbs up for me to post my gallery i'll link it so you can see what i've done color wise on the ones ive finished.

The vampire counts book is full of interesting bits so I can see where you got the inspiration and I must say it looks exceptionally good for it! Well done!

Also I'm kind of seeing the Krogan resemblance, but only vaguely (I think its mainly the arch on his back that does that, Krogans have sort of a hunched posture with their armour too, but I can see that the arch is most definately vampire counts :P)....though yes Krogan are sort of the Badasses of the galaxy!

I like him! Super detail on the armour and all the NL touches work very well! I also like the head and the movement -looks fluid despite being a Treminator. Not 100% sure on the concept for the chest plate though. I like it from a technical point of view -you've done great work there- but it does look a bit skeleton-like, a bit like the artificial ribcage holds in the artificial innards. I'm not sure that this is a reference particular to the NLs and it also adds a layer of vulnerability. Regardless, I like him even more than the World Eater! Love the Nostraman Lion btw! That is a great addition!!!

Story great as usual - you make the characters come to life!

Keep'em coming!

I wanted the flamer to look discrete, but I think I might've slacked a bit there, even if I like the design. I first thought of the usual 'Open-mouth Daemon head' design, but thought it was too cliché and then just went with the bone trim (oh, and I forgot to mention the little soundblaster on the handle, it's there so the flamer makes a shriek when it's fired.

The ribcage is supposed to give him an undead look, this guy is obsessed with being a baron (he wasn't drawn from the Nostraman gangs, another reason he prefers to work alone, since most of his brothers will give him a hard time) of night, shadow and undeath (he takes being a pale, unhealthy-looking wraith very seriously). Hence the idea is for the breastplate be bone-white, same as the front of his helmet, and to have internal red light, making the cables look like true innards. The rest of him is midnight-blue, with only the bone-trim as a contrast.

Thanks, guys, still not started on Sanguinius - not from a lack of attempts, though, he's a pain to draw.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/336/8/7/sanguinius___primarch_of_the_blood_angels_by_greyall-d4hyh6w.jpg

I sketched a pose for this guy about six times, at least.

I started drawing him for reals about...four of those six times, if not more. I punched my mind into coming up with something and my patience into holding...

I think is a bit too large and the muscle pattern is wrong due to my eagerness in finishing him...I feel the slightest bit bad.

Not detailing the wings? :D :) :P :cuss that.

Thank you.

So, on a lighter note: Primarchs are having a time-out, not because my brain is overheating due to Sanguinius, but because Chuck Norris called. He wants me to draw his great-grandson...from the 41st Millennium.

That means it's time for another contest. Whoever guesses which 40K badass (and I mean Chuck Norris's blood running through veins-badass) I'm drawing next wins a drawing of whichever 40K [power-armoured] character they wish. Remember, you can ask for a known character or your own Space-Marine(y) avatar.

That means it's time for another contest. Whoever guesses which 40K badass (and I mean Chuck Norris's blood running through veins-badass) I'm drawing next wins a drawing of whichever 40K [power-armoured] character they wish. Remember, you can ask for a known character or your own Space-Marine(y) avatar.

Sigismund!

But Sangy's amor is looking ace!

Archived