Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

So sorry for not replying sooner, guys, first I had a rest killing orks en masse, then, I had to answer a distrungtled commenter on deviantart who said Octavius up there was an affront to 40K canon - while demonstrating scarce knowledge on the matter - and, finally, Typhus got started...and proceeded to wreck my patience over the course of about six or seven tries to get him right.

Anyway...I want to thank all of you very much, mates, your interest in my artwork is a tremendous incentive to push myself further. Cheers, everyone.

So sorry for not replying sooner, guys, first I had a rest killing orks en masse, then, I had to answer a distrungtled commenter on deviantart who said Octavius up there was an affront to 40K canon - while demonstrating scarce knowledge on the matter - and, finally, Typhus got started...and proceeded to wreck my patience over the course of about six or seven tries to get him right.

Anyway...I want to thank all of you very much, mates, your interest in my artwork is a tremendous incentive to push myself further. Cheers, everyone.

Don't worry, we encourage you to fulfill our curiosity to see great artwork It is a symbiotic relationship. Just kidding. Still great job, regardless of what the deviantart person said, it is a great piece and I can see him as the crusading Ultramarine who is away at far for a long time before he returns home. And I would say that I'm with Heathens on doing the Typhus piece but since you started, I will wish you good luck on finishing it and cannot wait to see it. Or to read the next riddle.

looks good as always Greyall. your work is extremely good i keep looking forward to seeing more and more. i am curious how you plan to do Typhus next and i'll keep an eye out for that one as you produce it. still kinda wishing you could do my Chaos lord but *laughs* such is life in the main time *bows* keep on trucking and enjoying what you do!

I love him, he looks like a True Roman. The Romans liked their wolve pelts too! Signifers used to wear them when they marched...

I reckon that the Ultramarines would be a badass chapter (like this guy) if GW got rid of the supergloss teflon coating they currently have.

Thanks, guys.

A note on Typhus: with most of the Terminators I've drawn being from the Pre-Heresy/Heresy period, it does sometimes leave me regretful of following the rules as far as Terminator armour is concerned. The damned Invictus-pattern (Pre-Heresy) shoulder pauldrons are a pain to draw in perspective and, also, they seem much more limiting of a character's movements. Can't wait t go back to round pauldrons...

Well, I've been doing some more colouring and after showing Lady_Canoness and Greyall I've been graciously allowed to show you all :P

Thanks must go to L_C for her advising on the colours and of course Greyall for drawing such gorgeous artwork.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1655/inquisitorgodwyndone.jpg

I've started blocking in the colours on Octavius so shouldn't be too long before I have him to show off too, essays permitting ;)

That's some great colouring indeed, and the choice of colours is awesome, she looks like a military officer, first and foremost.

Retributis, a detail about Octavius. If it isn't too much of a pain in the rear area (I can't stress this enough, I don't want to be demanding anything from you), try to paint greymetal inside the webbed cracks, that's chipped paint.

I've started blocking in the colours on Octavius so shouldn't be too long before I have him to show off too, essays permitting :)

Can't wait to see this! :tu:

sir i figure i should let ya know :ermm: your picture of Octavius has inspired me alittle. *holds up my tackle box of bits* I am hoping to somehow assemble him in model format :P maybe play a game with him. I'm just tryin to figure out if i should list his axe's as power weapons, or as just normal close combat weapons... i am curious because it seems in all the horus heresy books chainswords and weapons seem to act like power weapons while actual power weapons are more like relic weapons :P

Nice =)

Is it even possible for a character to take two axes?

I know very little about rules, I guess you could change from power to chain weapons depending on the type of opponent, but I'm probably talking rubbish.

Thanks, mate, glad to know little Octav there has inspired people.

Yeah a Captain can take 2 power weapons if he wants. Personally I'd just build him with the epic looking axes and count them as lightning claws to be better in game :ermm:

Captains can take 2 power hammers anyway Greyall ;)

I already know the bits I'm going build my captain out of (I daresay in model form it won't look as good as the drawn version, I'm just not that skilled a painter/modeller) but I've had the bits picked out for some time! However I really couldnt think of a weapon I was happy with for the good Captain and I think you've really picked an awesome choice ;)

Well, I am kinda mad I just now stumbled across this. This thread was actually referred to me by a friend of mine (Castellan Alaric) and it took me about a week but I finally got on to take a look and damn... I just read all 35 pages and this thread is one of the greatest things I have ever seen on the B&C. Surprisingly I am not just talking about the artwork, which is of course absolutely phenomenal, but the actual artist himself. (Looking at you Greyall) You are very kind and generous and take criticism well and you take plenty of requests and always deliver a beautifully finished product. My helm is off to you, sir. It is so good to see that there are still nice patient people around. When someone usually gets as much attention and I'm sure PMs as you do these threads usually dissolve very quickly, so thanks for hanging in there lol. In short, keep up the good work and its a pleasure to view such great artwork of my all-time favorite hobby. I'll try to be quick enough to nail one of those riddles. Good day, all.

Well, I am kinda mad I just now stumbled across this. This thread was actually referred to me by a friend of mine (Castellan Alaric) and it took me about a week but I finally got on to take a look and damn... I just read all 35 pages and this thread is one of the greatest things I have ever seen on the B&C. Surprisingly I am not just talking about the artwork, which is of course absolutely phenomenal, but the actual artist himself. (Looking at you Greyall) You are very kind and generous and take criticism well and you take plenty of requests and always deliver a beautifully finished product. My helm is off to you, sir. It is so good to see that there are still nice patient people around. When someone usually gets as much attention and I'm sure PMs as you do these threads usually dissolve very quickly, so thanks for hanging in there lol. In short, keep up the good work and its a pleasure to view such great artwork of my all-time favorite hobby. I'll try to be quick enough to nail one of those riddles. Good day, all.

This is one of the few times I wish there was some sort of "like" button for comments.

You and me both, Kol.

Thanks a bunch, Captain Lacerus. I hope this doesn't sound lame, but comments like yours double as teachings.

Typhus shouldn't take long now. Or maybe it should and I'm just on wishful mode...

@ Kol- Thanks for the kind words, brother.

@ Greyall- Your welcome and thank you for all the eye candy, I figured you deserve a pat on the back. Also, I would like to throw out a quick thanks to the guys that have colored a few of your drawings. They are stunning and it really brings them to life. I don't remember if you said this or not but is this going to be like actually Typhus all Nurgled out and what not or him before he turned all...gooey.

Archived