Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Und now...the Pink Ones!

Vinicius, To Whom You Bow

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/297/d/5/vinicius__to_whom_you_bow_by_greyall-d4dslk0.jpg

Helmet detail. I wanted to make it a mix of a crown and one of those hideously beautiful Slaanesh faces (inspiration came from Adrian Smith's depiction of Slaaneshi Chaos warriors in the Warriors of Chaos Army Book)

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w99/Khornoz/ViniciusHelmet.jpg

Kaetan Vinicius always stood out among a Legion of perfection for his tremendous skills in battlefield command. With an uncanny skill for predicting troop movements and anticipanting dangers, he always knew exactly when to send in his Garguillion assault squad and, especially, when to get into the fight himself.

Indeed, along with his aptitude as a commander, his tremendously aloof nature - even towards his Legion brothers - made Kaetan renowned among the Great Crusade. Comparisons were often made with Lucius, but the Swordsman was far more skilled with a sword - and willing to go into a fray - than Vinicius.

The interesting bit is that, to the bewilderment of all his peers, Kaetan Vinicius never accepted a promotion from assault sergeant to Lord Commander. Only those closest to him - his squad - understood the decision. While an avatar of the Legion on the outside, something borne from a fiery devotion to the ideals the Emperor's Children, the sergeant was extremely savage in combat. Though more than one Legion-brother (and even those from other Legions) noted the awkwardness of a son of Fulgrim wielding twin Power Fists, Vinicus made sure only a few viewed how much he relished opening a foe's ribcage or dismembering an opposing leader.

This discipline-bound duplicity carried to the post-Heresy Legion. While many of his brethren let themselves get carried by the appeal of easy carnage and depravity, Vinicius maintained a regal air, his armour almost indistinguishable from his years in service of the Corpse. Of every Marine in his warband, he demands the same demonstration of superiority.

Yet he is succumbing. His successful attack on a Sisters of Battle monastery granted him a tabard made from their faces, his power fists slowly melded with his hands...Every gift, Vinicius thanks to his god Slaanesh, every duel he relishes more, his finishing moves an increasing show of depravity. Like other Raptors, his lust for the hunt grows with each kill. Each day, Kaetan Vinicius views himself in a mirror made of a Grey Knight's armour and sees nobility. On the other side, Slaanesh smiles...

Seeing as I've produced a wall of text, I'll be quick with the explanations: I hate the "leather and pink, tube-faced, whip wielding" Emperor's Children depiction. To me, they were the nobility of the Space Marine Legions, and Vinicius thinks alike. Slaanesh's way of mocking this was to grant him with a multitude of golden wings, each resembling the Legion's symbol.

Bring on the critics. Next I'm a little divided, I've got both the World Eater and the Dark Angel Fallen pretty much ready to be put on paper. Same with the Word Bearer. But I'd really like to take care of the Iron Warrior. I think he'll come after the Dark Angel. It's a promise - kind of.

Your will it is done, mate. That collar might seem awkward regarding the more feathery and less membrany nature of the character, but it's supposed to be organic, and it was the best solution I found to give him a baronesque air.

Great stuff!!! Yoy have managed to capture the character of each Legion admirably so far - and I'm sure you'll continue to do so!

The only thing that bugs me is the alignment of the loincloth compared to the detail of the chest plate. It looks a bit off centre and towards the right. I think it's probably the persepective but since you ask for comments...

never liked the emperors children much, but he's a force to be reckoned with :P

i like the "slim" and elegant look he's got and the pose is fantastic.

as for what to see next, i was one of the "night lords now" guys, but since that has been taken care of wonderfully, i vote for one of angrons bloodcrazed berzerkers :)

I love the EC raptor, Loving the wings, its quite cool because its almost a mashup of how actual biblical Cherubim and Seraphim are described! Very Angelic and proud for a bloodthirsty murdering druggie.

Wow, absolutely stunning Champion, Greyall. I love all the detail you put into him except for one thing....

His face.. I just can't get over it... He looks kinda derpy to me :huh: almost like a mutated chaos chicken... >_>

Mmmmmm.... Chicken..... *drools*

I have to agree... his mouth was based on the guy on the left in this piece:

http://majesticchicken.deviantart.com/gall...aanesh#/d2rup7k

But didn't quite come out as well. Still, I think the shrieking look kind of suits him. Doesn't mean I'm totally satisfied, but not mad either. Thanks, mate.

I like how I mentioned the head looked like a mutated chicken and the person who colorized the piece is named majestic chicken. Coincidence? I think not. :huh:

Thanks for the closup, i love the helmet's "expression".

As for what's next...well, my second favoured legion is the Iron Warriors, but i'd like to se a World Eater (without bunny ears) now!

And, to be honest, i would not mind, somewhere in the pipeline, a fallen agel holding a scythe, looking like the winged grim reaper loyalis dark angels have on their flags, just in skull helmeted power armour. Idealist, traitor, mercenary, full chaos guy: it's irrelvevant, as log as he looks cool.

Thanks for the closup, i love the helmet's "expression".

As for what's next...well, my second favoured legion is the Iron Warriors, but i'd like to se a World Eater (without bunny ears) now!

And, to be honest, i would not mind, somewhere in the pipeline, a fallen agel holding a scythe, looking like the winged grim reaper loyalis dark angels have on their flags, just in skull helmeted power armour. Idealist, traitor, mercenary, full chaos guy: it's irrelvevant, as log as he looks cool.

Hmm...that sounds nothing like the angel I have planned...well, not "nothing", but he'll more knightly. In fact, he'll be based on a king...

Noblemen of the B&C court, I give you...Braianel, The Blessed

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/301/e/5/braianel__the_blessed_by_greyall-d4ea6g1.jpg

Most heretics have a way of altering their personalities once they become traitors to the Imperium. Not that we can blame them, really, hearing constant whispers by more or less insidious evil, larger-than-life entities tends to do that to a guy. Not to Braianel, though. In his mind, he's still the same knight he was on Caliban. The veteran. The example. The swordsman. The boastful friend. The one every calibanite loved.

He witnessed the Lion's rise through The Order. He accompanied him on every engagement, be it against man or beast. And when the Emperor's Angels arrived on his planet, the Primarch had him undergo extensive surgery and bionics implantation so that Braianel could accompany him on the Great Crusade...only to send him back to Caliban to "speed up recruitment". For more than any other Dark Angel, Braianel had made his life a constant crusade and, in spite of his great pride and experience, he'd taken the Lion to be an avatar of knighthood.

But no true knight would condemn his brethren to a life with no glory, though. No great leader would leave his most trusted comrades behind. All this finally sunk into Braianel as the Warp Storm engulfed Caliban and dragged him into the abyss of the Empyrean. When he emerged, a new crusade began. One that, for 10.000 years, has showed the Imperium what true glory is. Where Braianel goes, revolt, fanaticism and heresy spread through the population.

Yet Braianel fights alone, and on his own has he earned every one of the many black pearls he sports, each an Inquisitor Chaplain slain . For his victories, he's been granted many gifts by the Gods of Chaos, to him no more than just rewards.

From his early days in The Order, throughout every field of battle in the Great Crusade, to every son of the Lion he vanquishes, Braianel has been what he has always sought to be. The champion. The legend. The swordsman. The bragging, raucous victor to every fight.

The one every Unforgiven dreads most.

I'm dedicating this guy to Brian Blessed, an actor who has only become known to me a few years ago, yet one of those greats that leaves me missing older days. It was easy enough to keep his armour true to his time as a loyalist, a true knight's wargear - only with a jetpack. The helmet was the hardest piece to come up with. The final result, I think, combines knight and raptorhood quite well. Still, while the concept wasn't hard, he was a veritable pain to execute.

Hope ya like him, I'm pretty happy with this piece, personally.

World Eaters are next. And their chief raptor...likes books...

Archived