Ultra-meet 2012, nottingham GW

greatcrusade08

hello chaps, its that time of year again when we start planning for the summer meet up.

what dates suits you all best?

how about (just throwing non specific dates at you) the first weekend in june

the 2nd and 3rd i believe.

is there anything special you guys want from this years meet? i can reserve a large table like we did last year for some big team games.

we could see if we can get a grudge match kind of event going, maybe invite an ork or tyranid forum to get involved.

all spitballing, any suggestions will be considered

I have a hankering for a meet up so I'm disappointed to say there are good odds I won't be able to this year at all! I a starting a new job soon which will take me out of the loop for my training for weeks at a time.

Sucks big time really, but I have my mobile so I can at least maintain contact with the B&C!

I'll come if my shifts allow.. If we have a date soonish I'll be able to put in for leave if it's not between shifts..

okely dokely, ill try and get a date sorted asap.

@Jimmy Carmine, the ultra-meets are social gatherings first and foremost, it was started as a way for us ultramarine player to get together.. but we dont discrimnate B)

hi guys ive booked the 2nd and 3rd with GW events team.

with the releases of dan abnetts new book i think it would be cool to have a big ultramarines vs chaos game sometime over the weekend.. i have about 4k points of chaos i can bring..

anyone up for that?

lets replay the word bearers getting thier butts handed shall we?

Just as a FYI, remember the 2/3 June is the Jubilee weekend, so that may have an impact on your planning (for ex, likely to be a lot of traffic on the roads and a lot of people might be going away due to the extra bank holiday).

2 June is also my birthday but that doesn't really make any difference to you guys! :(

Is this a free-to-attend event? Most likely not, but I thought I'd ask so I can see if I can save money for the fee and getting there in the first place, plus it'd give me a chance to dig out my old 4th Company and my Imperators Gladii successors.

Is this a free-to-attend event? Most likely not, but I thought I'd ask so I can see if I can save money for the fee and getting there in the first place, plus it'd give me a chance to dig out my old 4th Company and my Imperators Gladii successors.

yeah its free, we dont charge.. everyones welcome

• 2 weeks later...

I'mma just toss this in here -

Unless something goes rreeeeaaaaaaally poorly, I'll be in the UK in August.

My..."its complicated"...and I will be wandering Europe for something like 3 months, and in all likelihood will be starting in your territory since she has family there. :)

I won't have my Marines with me since I don't feel like hauling em around for 1/4 of a year but, all the same, it'd be cool if I could finally make an appearance at one of these shindigs. :)

If the June one is the only option I might potentially still be able to swing that. I'll be in Germany with my family in June... Not exactly close, but I might be able to pull it off... :lol:

Them's my $.02

Ah man, crossatron is going? No fair, I'm missing all the fun!

I'm always there for the Nottingham meets, it's only 45 minutes from my house!...

If your really missing me though, next time I'm down south I'll let you know! :huh:

im defiantly up for going and ill look to confirm i have those days of as was up yesterday to warhammer world for store event and was great fun quick question is it 1500 or 1750 points we go for on these cant remember from last one

be good to have you there again Renik

This is something I'd love to come to, but that won't happen before 2013, after I've turned 18, sadly. Ah well, I hope you all have a great time :Troops:

Ludovic

we dont have a problem with under 18s attending, if its about parental consent you could always try for a single day trip??

maybe i can finally attend a meet..:Elite:

Would you guys be ok with playing a few low point games (500 points or so?) so I can get a small army painted? (also, how does everyone feel about playing some necromunda?)

im sure we can accomodate smaller games,

i dont know about the other chaps but i dont own any necromunda models, i suppose if you brought a couple of gangs you might find interest in a game or two

Archived