Ultra-meet 2012, nottingham GW

greatcrusade08

Yeah gc08 is very deadly with those scouts of his, did you have any games aquilanus? hopefully I get to meet you at next years meet

No games I'm afraid, as I haven't got enough points to play a game yet, although GC did offer to let me play in a bigger game that was going to happen this afternoon. As far as I know that'll happen tomorrow now.

I haven't played a game in twenty years, so I'd have slowed any game I played down to snail pace relearning all the rules ^_^ But, if the rumours are true about sixth Edition coming out soon, I'll be able to get familiar enough with them for next year. I'll be bringing my main DIY Chapter and any other armies that I (hopefully) will have by then. I'm planning on getting an Eldar (Biel Tan) army, so hopefully I can get one done by then.

I'm sure our paths will cross next time. If the date is set early enough, (I have to book all of my holidays really early :tu: ) I'll be able to get the whole weekend off and be able to stay over (and have a drink or two ^_^ )

Once again, just gutted that I can no longer do these meets :cuss

we definately missed you this year mate

we did have a great weekend, good to put faces to new B&C names.

I had an interesting match up with scions of ferrus' iron hands (using SW dex).. everything just seemed to go right for me.

I then had my annual match up against Ctans 'crons, which will have me telling stories for weeks to come.

as usual Crossatron provided the comic relief and bugmans the overly large burgers..

My 5 year uninterrupted losing spree continues!...

Try me next year. I sincerely think that might change! :rolleyes:

didnt you draw a game?

Not winning though, is it? ^_^

And to be honest I only managed to get that draw because we knew turn 7 was going to see me off totally, and as such, there was not much point continuing... :)

didnt you draw a game?

Not winning though, is it? :P

And to be honest I only managed to get that draw because we knew turn 7 was going to see me off totally, and as such, there was not much point continuing... <_<

I believe you won a couple of dice rolls though!

I had a brilliant time, although I only played two games.

I will defo try and attend next year and will be able to construct and paint my Storm Eagle Gunship that I bought at Warhammer World this morning before heading home.

@Crossatron, maybe you could even paint something like your Land Raider of Greyness.

@GreatCrusade08

@Aquilanus, where are the pictures of the battles?

I'm trying to get my computer to upload the pics I took. It's being a pain in the butt at the moment <_<

As soon as I'm able to, I'll post the links to them all :P

hmm i didnt get any games of our match scions of ferrus, but IIRC aquilanus documented that one.

heres some pics of my game vs Ctans necrons

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/Ultra-Meet%203/001-1.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/Ultra-Meet%203/003-1.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/Ultra-Meet%203/004-2.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/Ultra-Meet%203/005-1.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/Ultra-Meet%203/006-2.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/Ultra-Meet%203/011-2.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/Ultra-Meet%203/012-2.jpg

link to my Ultra meet page

on the sunday morning they let us into the entrance to get out of the rain before opening, so we perused the sign in book and couldnt resist documenting some of the comments, pics inn the link above.

some highlights from the comments:

"purchase deoderant"

"had to take out a mortgage for a drink"

and our personal fave by some poor illiterate sod:

"my face is my shield, my furry is my sord"

I can't get any pics of the Ultra meet uploaded at the moment :lol:

I think it's down to the fact that the resolution is too high (it's a new camera and I didn't notice that I hadn't reduced the resolution) and I'm having to use an O2 broadband dongle ;) I have resized the pics, but it's not having it at the moment. I'll nip off down to the local library and download them that way (which will be Friday or so I'm afraid ^_^ ).

GC is correct, the pics I took was of his match against Scion of Ferrus. As soon as I've gotten them uploaded, I'll post the link here <_<

does anyone want me to post a full batrep of each of my games?

I know I would. I know I was at the first one, but it would help me greatly relearning the rules etc, if I could see a blow by blow account of what happened. ;)

does anyone want me to post a full batrep of each of my games?

Simples!

'And lo and verily did Iron-Father Da'Vros and Clave Mellok his attached Long Fangs take to the field of battle after a hard nights drinking of Ducams Hypergrade! Thus they set out to fight mighty beasties and were mightily shaken by Thunderfire munitions, two of them being reduced to spare parts and somewhat off-line! Being thus far only just taken to the field ( GC08 had 1st go) and relentlessly forgetting they may be a fearlessly inspired unit did thusly they emulate the brave Sir Robin and ran away off of the board edge!'

'Nuff said! ;-)

The first picture is of giant hairy butt crack. Just what kind of perversity are you lot up to? What was this, a slaanesh meet?

Yeah, and I hadn't even got the party started at that point..,

Good to see you guys again, hopefully I will get a chance to play more of you next time. New codex had me re-reading every turn and playing much slower than usual, got the old stat lines stuck in my head :(

GC08 - Another close game, think we both had good dice and bad dice in equal measure, it was a good game and once again came down to 1 guy at the end :P You have no idea the amount of bad karma your dirty dirty scouts have racked up B)

Game on the large table was a non event for me, last time I listen to you Matt, Stormlords in my list forever more :P Was impressed with Alloyslayers Grey Nights, they soaked up a huge amount of fire, plus I kinda like the 'Dread Knight'? model. Hopefully I will get a chance to play against that army next time, nobody plays Grey Nights in my area.

Aquilanus - I dont remember the name of your HQ unit my Scarabs got stuck in combat with, Will have to remember next time to give it a wide berth, I was fast running out of bases by the time I got anything else close enough to rescue them.

Played against Kernmist and his ultras using the 1k lists (from the large game) after you lot left, it was a fast game his mech got eaten alive, I fully understand why you all deployed as far away from me as possible :P

Anyway, already looking forward to next time, I promise faster games and the death of all dirty scouts!

Aquilanus - I dont remember the name of your HQ unit my Scarabs got stuck in combat with, Will have to remember next time to give it a wide berth, I was fast running out of bases by the time I got anything else close enough to rescue them.

I didn't play any games, as i don't have enough models to play with. I'm not sure who you were playing against though.

Hopefully by the next Ultra meet I'll be able to get at least a game in.

Archived