Ultra-meet 2012, nottingham GW

greatcrusade08

Aquilanus - I dont remember the name of your HQ unit my Scarabs got stuck in combat with, Will have to remember next time to give it a wide berth, I was fast running out of bases by the time I got anything else close enough to rescue them.

I didn't play any games, as i don't have enough models to play with. I'm not sure who you were playing against though.

Hopefully by the next Ultra meet I'll be able to get at least a game in.

I think c'tan means scion of ferrus who he was playing against, it was grimnar who was the hq choice if I remember rightly

GC08 - Another close game, think we both had good dice and bad dice in equal measure, it was a good game and once again came down to 1 guy at the end :P You have no idea the amount of bad karma your dirty dirty scouts have racked up :lol:

i think they have cashed in all the bad karma from the past year, hasnt been a lucky one.. thankfully the bad luck troll stayed down south this year

Game on the large table was a non event for me, last time I listen to you Matt, Stormlords in my list forever more :P

Yeah Immy is a cool character, unusually i think GW really got it right with the necron dex, its awesome, competative yet requires finesses.. im a big fan

the only exception is the immy/chronometron combo.. thats just a whole bunch of nasty

Anyway, already looking forward to next time, I promise faster games and the death of all dirty scouts!

to be fair i didnt think youd risk a scarab farm against me, due to my S6 templates, luckily i only got one shot off with my t-fires but vulkan and sternies did the job for me.

i figured a wraith heavy army would be on the cards to take advantage of that night fighting

to be fair i didnt think youd risk a scarab farm against me, due to my S6 templates, luckily i only got one shot off with my t-fires but vulkan and sternies did the job for me.

i figured a wraith heavy army would be on the cards to take advantage of that night fighting

Safe lists are boring :P

I was fairly confident I could negate your t-fires with Immy and Chrono combo of tasty goodness, and I wanted to give the farm a try. I've already revised that list a fair bit, it was good experience finding out what worked and what didnt. Sadly I learned nothing about tesla as I dont think I shot anything in that game, so a few more test games are needed before I settle on tesla or gause (for the ap).

To be honest, its just nice to have 'choice', got so used to running a single list with the old codex that its really refreshing now :lol:

edit:- I will link to Sniffles vids as soon as he has uploaded them someplace :P

Sadly I learned nothing about tesla as I dont think I shot anything in that game, so a few more test games are needed before I settle on tesla or gause (for the ap).

To be honest, its just nice to have 'choice', got so used to running a single list with the old codex that its really refreshing now :lol:

ive not seen tesla before, i only know the one necron chap and he uses large numbers of warriors with veil in the list, he uses gauss for rapid firing goodness.

i cant voice how impressed i am with the necron dex, its a shame all 5th ed dexes didnt turn out the same..

that being said i think the immy/chron will be a big tourney fave in the coming year

Aquilanus - I dont remember the name of your HQ unit my Scarabs got stuck in combat with, Will have to remember next time to give it a wide berth, I was fast running out of bases by the time I got anything else close enough to rescue them.

I didn't play any games, as i don't have enough models to play with. I'm not sure who you were playing against though.

Hopefully by the next Ultra meet I'll be able to get at least a game in.

@C'Tan - your scarabs were facing off against Iron-Father Da'Vros my 'Counts As' Logan Grimnar.

yeah logan the beast, although hes not fearless which as scions pointed out dictated our game in turn one

The High King rule means he can be Fearless but I was going to use the rule for Relentless for my Long Fangs.

But it was the first turn which you won and so I couldn't have used Fearless from The High King anyway as it wasn't my turn yet.

Archived