DA Dice Commitment Time

Pbenner

twopounder, while they are probably the same (because IIRC, Chessex already had that image on file), that was Candleshoe's thread and didn't have an association I saw with this particular order. I think people just want to know for sure, and I would too.

I am still interested, but I need information on what dice types are available, including the reverse options, even if nobody else is not getting any of them. I'll pass on the dice bags, as I can get those almost anywhere.

Brothers,

Sorry for my absence. Long story short I don't want to talk about it, but it's slowed me down on my record keeping a little. (Ex-wife is a raging "female dog").

I am working on a mock-up for the dice designs this week. Probably get it done on Friday. I have to provide art that I myself have generated to Chessex. I don't know what changed, and they were hesitant to talk about it, but I have to provide the art. (Simple Designs, and I already have a base image to work from, shouldn't be hard). If anyone desires to help in this endeavor, I would GLADLY take the help.

Elmo9141 - Can you send me your shipping address please? I have everything else!

Will update the first post for the most useful information.

Brother shabbadoo,

The inverse dice would need to hit a minimum quantity of 200 of each style for the run to be orderable. By the time you account everything else, these dice approach the $.75-85c+ mark quite quickly. There was not a lot of interest in them at this time. I may look at that option in the future though.

Also, there is not an "Ivory" pip color, so your inverted Deathwing would either be Black Dice with Red Pips all the way around, or White, and hard to tell from the "normal" Ravenwing die. I also wasn't quoted Green as a color for the pips on a White Die, so that may not be possible either. I will do some more checking the next time that I am in touch with Chessex and get more information, but at this point the effort seemed to exceed the benefit.

Was feeling froggy so I went ahead and made a mock-up of what the dice *MIGHT* look like, provided we don't see something better.

This is probably the extent of my abilities. Remember, that these are 16mm dice and alot of detail won't REALLY be possible.

Best,

Paul

I saw that you were asking for a RW image to use for the dice...

This is on my neighbor's bike.

gallery_8790_5344_46796.jpg

I am not sure how to make the image you need to send in, but I hope this helps.

PS - I really want to join in on this group buy... but after seeing the mock up RW image I would have to decline.

Please use a better sample to represent the RW.

If the image changes to something more resembling the RW symbol, I am in.

No offence to the artist, I am just really particular... and a tiny bit of a jerk.

Here is a better, unofficial (i.e. fan-made) Ravenwing emblem I found:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btmcrae/RW.gif

It could be better, but it is not bad.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the dice will be the basic opaque dice, like these?

http://chessex.com/Dice/Opaque%20Dice/Opaque%20Graphics/1612s/Green1612.jpghttp://chessex.com/Dice/Opaque%20Dice/Opaque%20Graphics/1612s/Ivory1612.jpghttp://chessex.com/Dice/Opaque%20Dice/Opaque%20Graphics/1612s/Black1612.jpg

(The dice on the left of the pics are the 16mm ones.)

Paul,

Here are the retakes you asked for.

I have a couple more, but these two were the ones my wife thought were the the best, cleanest.

One on the tank.

gallery_8790_5344_203677.jpg

One on the fender.

gallery_8790_5344_374117.jpg

Looks like with the last couple of posts we have some really good options to work from.

*Edit* spelling... it is important.

This is still open, but I am seriously starting to sweat. To be honest, we had almost 1000 of each dice in the "lets gauge interest thread" and less than 500 so far in the "put up or shut up" thread. If we don't get to the 1000 dice mark this just won't work. Get in gear folks. If we can' get to where we need to be I'm going to be in a world of hurt out of my own pocket.

Paul

This is still open, but I am seriously starting to sweat. To be honest, we had almost 1000 of each dice in the "lets gauge interest thread" and less than 500 so far in the "put up or shut up" thread. If we don't get to the 1000 dice mark this just won't work. Get in gear folks. If we can' get to where we need to be I'm going to be in a world of hurt out of my own pocket.

Paul

This is shameful to hear. Come on brothers, if you said you were going to purchase some dice then let's get to it. I understand that the real world interferes at times with what we want to do in our gaming world, but Paul is sticking his neck out to help us out and do something truly special for us.

If need be I'll buy more dice. If you can give us a count of how far along we are Paul, myself and others would appreciate it.

Paul

EDIT: Just checked 1st post update. :confused:

BTW, I recommend using Shabbadoo's RW pic. way better

2c

stobz

Archived