DA Dice Commitment Time

Pbenner

I am only waiting on the Ravenwing dice to see if an acceptable image (i.e not the one currently in the OP) will lend up being used. I am willing to bet that I am not alone.

Other than that, one should expect orders to trickle in over a few weeks, maybe even over one month, not in just over one week. That is normal. I gave people 10 weeks to order of the Kustom Greenskin Dice, and you can bet that it made a difference in the order quantity, considering many people didn't initially see the project thread (somebody ask a mod to sticky the thread already) and allowing for word-of-mouth to spread. And then there are those who are waiting for some disposable income to show up.

So, have a little patience everyone. Take your time, get it right, and everyone will be happy in the end.

I am only waiting on the Ravenwing dice to see if an acceptable image (i.e not the one currently in the OP) will lend up being used. I am willing to bet that I am not alone.

I agree with this. I am ready to order 30 of each if the RW gets a better design. I am waiting to make my order all together. If the RW is not going to change, let us know so that we can make our orders on the others.

I would like to say thanks for doing this. I have been wanting some dice like this for awhile.

Is it too late to get in on this? I forgot about this from a while back because my classes started back up (I have an odd schedule). If not, I'm all in on it and will pay up as soon as the "not late" sign is put up :lol:

I agree with this. I am ready to order 30 of each if the RW gets a better design. I am waiting to make my order all together. If the RW is not going to change, let us know so that we can make our orders on the others.

I would like to say thanks for doing this. I have been wanting some dice like this for awhile.

+1

Will definitely send the money through once this is sorted out.

Again, many thanks for taking the effort :lol:

Decal scanned.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vb4jzb.jpg

Scan it again at super hi-res so that the pixel size is much, much bigger, and scan it against a flat black background so that the decal stands out really well. Then PM me and we'll arrange for you to send me the image so that I can clean it up a bit, or at least use it to create a final image. I'll make it look close to that, but not quite exactly the same.

I wasn't in the inital order group, but if we are thin in numbers I might jump in. I wouldn't want Paul to be out for doing something this cool for the DA community. Like shabbadoo though I'd like to see what the RW dice will look like before I order any of.

Out of what I have seen, I am in love with the third image that was just posted. Does anyone have a serious issue with that picture because IMO it's freaking AWESOME and I want to use THAT ONE ;)

Paul

Very nice Ex. Questions for you though; did you used to be a carnificator? what is that? do they pay well in the Abyss?

Kidding obviously, that's a cool name and your mock ups for the dice are first rate. I hope we use these now.

PAUL, these look awesome, please use :D

s

Well now, those are just about perfect! They get my vote! :)

However, I would recommend some slight modifications. The very thin black lines dividing the Ravenwing sword/claw/pommel areas will not likely show up on the dice all that well at the small scale that they will be reduced to; same with the break in the Deathwing blade. For the Ravenwing the fix is simple- join everything, like so:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btmcrae/rw1.gif

I also changed the number of claws, as ravens only have three fore-claws. They will likely look better (i.e. more distinct) at the tiny scale of the engraving that will be on the dice anyways.

For the Deathwing blade, a break looking more like this should show up better at small scale on the dice:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btmcrae/deathwingdice-1.gif

Hopefully Excarnificator can clean up my ham-fisted mucking about with his nice images. :no:

Hi again,

Thanks for the feedback :whistling: . Tweaked the designs a bit according to wishes. I'm not really familiar with what goes or not when it comes to dice pattern engraving so I did my best to exaggerate details a bit, hopefully it'll help in the production process.

gallery_1851_828_22607.gif

/Cheers

Hi again,

Thanks for the feedback ^_^ . Tweaked the designs a bit according to wishes. I'm not really familiar with what goes or not when it comes to dice pattern engraving so I did my best to exaggerate details a bit, hopefully it'll help in the production process.

/Cheers

Love those, but hand on RW sword.

Hi again,

Thanks for the feedback :) . Tweaked the designs a bit according to wishes. I'm not really familiar with what goes or not when it comes to dice pattern engraving so I did my best to exaggerate details a bit, hopefully it'll help in the production process.

/Cheers

Looks good, but it is really the very fine details that do not show up well. Those all look good, and will likely translate well, but as Nurglanth keys in on, the hand on the Ravenwing dice will not work out well, as the gap between the fingers is long and thin, and needs to not be exaggerated in this case. Long, thing lines should be kept to a minimum; especially in the black area. Thin lines in the white area fine though, as that is the area that will be engraved into the dice, and so will be filled with white paint. The fewer thing lines, the more crisp the image will look at the size it will be on the dice. Incidentally, this is also why Excarnificator's images are better than those currently in the original post, and should be used instead of those that have been posted (let alone that they look better and also do not come as close to matching the real DA icons). So, no long "fingers" on the Ravenwing sword "hand", just pointed knuckles, like so:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btmcrae/rw2.gif

I am sure you can make that look a little bit nicer/smoother though. ;)

Sorry if it seems like I am nitpicking, but I do so with good reason. :)

Archived