Veteran Sergeant does True Scale + Blackstone Fortress

Went through this thread right before you posted ^_^

Nice marines. Sergeants are stunning, especially the one with storm bolter. And I really like your approach on standard bearer. It looks unique and themed.

Speaking of Cerceus Pattern SB: I always thought about something very similar. You've done it superb. Nonetheless, haven't you thought to cut out a forward grip from usual bolters and place it instead of just piece of sprue?

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I decided to see what it would look like if I lengthened the legs another 1mm. It was something I always wanted to do (to keep the real world proportions of lower and upper leg), but had decided it was too much effort.

But, because I'm fascinated by this project and completely unconcerned with finishing it (apparently), instead of new models, you get new, old ones.

Oh dear God, they're getting bigger!

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/11/20/433246_md-Space%20Marines,%20Tall%20Scale,%20True%20Scale.jpg

Sadly, the older plastic on the leg of the guy on the left sheared instead of cut clean, so he'll need some cleanup on that leg with green stuff, but overall, I'm actually pleased with the outcome, even if I am not pleased that I now have to pull apart and redo forty something models. :P

I guess the good news is, I don't have to change the name of the thread. Because they're now just 31.5mm, instead of 30.5mm. So it's still accurate. ;)

Absolutely stunning conversions! You've done an impressive job to add dynamics and meaning to those marines. Will you throw some paint on them in the future?

... aaand I'm sorry that I haven't read all of the text yet ;)

This Marine has dropped his rifle to transition to his sidearm for immediate threat engagement.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/4/20/355970_md-Space%20Marines,%20True%20Scale.jpg

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/cirkitt/3af82752f6304ffdda12fa02fd01e629.jpg

I watching that movie at the direct scene when I saw this and lost my mind from laughter!

But really this is some serious top notch stuff! Keep it up, I'm inclined to see some more of your work!

What did you use to fill the gaps in the the legs?

You mean the white part? 1mm plastic card. There is also 1.5mm worth of spacers at the waist, which creates an overall effect of making the model approximately 3-3.5mm taller.

Ah thanks! Now I just need to go buy some plastic card. :D

• 2 weeks later...

So I've written up the Index Astartes article for this project, as well as finalized my color scheme for them. So they might not have much paint yet, and no finished models for display here because I have very little free time, but they have plan, lol.

Index Astartes: Invectors

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/12/4/437705_md-Brother%20Galerius.png

Really nice work here man! I realllllyy like that standard bearer! Gonna snatch that if you don't mind :D Semper Fi!
For sure. Have at it. I've tried to leave a tally of the parts and processes for it, but if you have questions, let me know. Edited by Veteran Sergeant

Love the color scheme! Can't wait to see some minis painted up.

One thing though, I personally think that the eye lenses could use some color, other than black. Unless you're set on the black, then just ignore me :(

Absolutely amazing work, it's incredible how something so relatively simple has such a profound look on the models. It almost makes me want to chop up my marines and upscale them to your 31mm scale--but I am a lazy lazy man ;) Great job

wow just amazing looking marines, I hope you don't mind if I take some of your equipment conversions since I think it will benefit my chapter fight the xenos in germany;). Anyways I can't wait to see these guys painted, stop keeping us in suspense, slap some of that holy Emperors paint on them and let them become real Space Marines! Keep them coming brother!

wow just amazing looking marines, I hope you don't mind if I take some of your equipment conversions since I think it will benefit my chapter fight the xenos in germany;). Anyways I can't wait to see these guys painted, stop keeping us in suspense, slap some of that holy Emperors paint on them and let them become real Space Marines! Keep them coming brother!

Please feel free. I actually saved a picture of one of the Marines from your blog the other day because it had a pose that was very similar to an idea I already had, and that way you'd already done the hard work for me of figuring out what needed to be done to achieve that pose. ^_^

Please feel free. I actually saved a picture of one of the Marines from your blog the other day because it had a pose that was very similar to an idea I already had, and that way you'd already done the hard work for me of figuring out what needed to be done to achieve that pose. ^_^

I believe you speak of the barricade marine? He is one of my most proudest achievments so far I have to admit, a one of the kind I guess for me. Fell free to improve in him and such, I have more ideas building my mind (that is as chaotic as the warp) and I can't wait to put them on the minis. I'll be watching your thread carefully since I love it so far, cheers!

Edited by ColdWinter

Just finished reading your Index Astartes article, good stuff. I like how you haven't over blown them with the usual "we are the bestest marines, better than everyone else!!" fluff. Plus the inclusion of a couple, less PC(?) aspects make them more believable.

Looking forward to seeing some of these guys painted now you have your scheme up! Are you planning to do them up with battle damage or will they be disciplined boot polishers?

• 1 month later...

So I dug these guys out again, and finally started work on my latest project. It's not far enough along to post pictures of it yet, but it's gonna take a while to plan it out and execute. This is a doozy of a conversion, but it has the potential to my favorite project yet.

Here's a teaser:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/1/15/452897_sm-Oh%2C%20what%27s%20this%3F.png

By all means, please read my Index Astartes article for these little plastic psychopaths and let me know what you think too. IA: Invectors

Looking forward to seeing some of these guys painted now you have your scheme up! Are you planning to do them up with battle damage or will they be disciplined boot polishers?
Oh, they're liable to look well hardened. Assuming I can pull that off. Edited by Veteran Sergeant