Betrayer

Is Lorgar's crozius gene coded to only hit Ultramarines? The only non cobalt warrior i can remember him attacking with it in TFH was Corax.

"Warriors of Ultramar spotted"

CLANG

He hits a lot of Raven Guard with it. More than anyone else so far. TFH mentions him hitting Guilliman once, and many Raven Guard. Not balanced figures.

Also, Illuminarum goes WHUNK.

I'm not convinced, it's got to be a clanging. He's murdering marines to his very own church bell soundtrack.

Because it's metal pushing metal across the length of a football stadium while breaking the person inside, not metal hitting metal.

But that's not important. I just want to know when we see some Night Lords. Other than the half-covers we get. It's like a tease for crying out loud.

Personally, I'd prefer WHUNK!, as the helm would be mashed on impact, giving the weapon very little to clang against. Otherwise you wouldn't get blood. Of course, we're debating what specific sound an incredibly minor event would make, so pretty much anything would work for me.

Things CLANG when their insides are hollow and not filled with fleshy loyalists. WHUNK is the sound of crunching ceramite being shoved into vital organs from a hyper kinetic impact of a mace with a power field that breaks molecular bonds just by being in proximity.

And now I want Lorgar's title as a Daemon Prince to include 'THE DARK LORD'

I think you're underestimating just how many clangable surfaces a Marine has. Pauldrons, knee pads, weapons, etc. Technically, it should sound a lot like a car getting hit by a wrecking ball...but I don't know how to spell that sound.

It's not CLANG, and it's clearly not WHUNK...

More like CLANKTHUD

, basically.

Maybe a bit of CLANG, followed by a SQUELCH, as the armor would probably be annihilated relatively rapidly? So more of a cla-SQUELCH! would seem appropriate. The traits of our scientific and well-researched study had better end up being used in a novel to more accurately portray mace-hitting-armor sounds. :)

Jesus. If Lorgar was Babe Ruth, that poor Ultra would be outta' the park...

What if Lorgar is a genetically enhanced, futuristic clone made from Babe Ruth's skeleton? The Emperor had the technology. He could have made him faster and stronger than before.

Sniffle. Teh BAD MAN hurt BLUE IRON MAN! :o :P

Drool.

Edit:I still love you Blue Iron Man, with your comically illuminated-eye-lenses-when-you're-already-dead!

Nice, I'm now imagining if we evere hear of Logar's helmet it will have a certain spiky resemblance to that of everyone's favorite dark lord :P

Foolish Ultramarines, thinking they could take on two primarchs in combat with bolters and knives, meh, Natural selection I guess.

You'd think with artwork like this, they would start selling posters.

I'm super pissed for being disappointed with this cover, it's my own fault for expecting a Neil Roberts-drawn Khârn as if it had been confirmed. I mean, this is great, a whole lot going on, Ultras dying left and right and, best of all, Angron's facial expression of "You mean this sacristy rat can actually hit something with that mace?". Awesome.

Damn my Khârn fanboyism...

:) Soooo preeettttyyyy.

I think you're underestimating just how many clangable surfaces a Marine has. Pauldrons, knee pads, weapons, etc. Technically, it should sound a lot like a car getting hit by a wrecking ball...but I don't know how to spell that sound.

It's not CLANG, and it's clearly not WHUNK...

More like CLANKTHUD

, basically.

Is that a... DOONG?

Archived