Betrayer

Shunting things back onto happier ground.

ADB- I remember you saying a while back that you were really itching to be the guy that got to handle the World Eaters in the Heresy. With Betrayer now a joint Lethal Weapon jaunt of doom with Lorgar and Angron, does the book have a focus heavily on the World Eaters or is it an even split between the two legions?

Go away, this is mine and Gree's thread. It's the place where my jokes go to die.

Uh.

Khârn's the main character. It's sort of... "Angron's book" in that it's about his arc. Argel Tal and Lorgar are main characters, but not The Main Characters, if you get me. That's Khârn and Angron. It's very much a World Eater book, I'm just trying to be a bit more diverse than

(Burped the baby)

...a bit more diverse than saying it's just "A World Eater book", to reflect the spreading-out of Legions as the Heresy goes on, and their mingling and stuff. Theme-wise, it's as much a World Eater book as Know No Fear was an Ultramarine book.

I've briefly considered, uh, "cheating". Because I want to write about the Ultramarines so much, I considered having Ultramarine POVs, but that feels a bit self-indulgent (even for me).

Tsagualsa

Alright, I'll phrase this as nice as I can.

In short, I have to wrap my fingers around my windpipe and pull it forward aggressively about two inches to pronounce Tsagualsa how I think it's supposed to be said, which given who's Legions base it is is entirely appropriate and nice flavour. But c'mon man, tell me how to pronounce it.

Tsagualsa

In short, I have to wrap my fingers around my windpipe and pull it forward about two inches to pronounce Tsagualsa how I think it's supposed to be said, which given who's Legions base it is is entirely appropriate and nice flavour. But c'mon man, tell me how to pronounce it.

I say Sa Gwal Sa.

I make no claims that it's correct. Remember, this pronunciation is from the only guy on the HH team to say GUILE IMMUN, rather than GWILLA MUN.

Tsagualsa

In short, I have to wrap my fingers around my windpipe and pull it forward about two inches to pronounce Tsagualsa how I think it's supposed to be said, which given who's Legions base it is is entirely appropriate and nice flavour. But c'mon man, tell me how to pronounce it.

I say Sa Gwal Sa.

I make no claims that it's correct. Remember, this pronunciation is from the only guy on the HH team to say GUILE IMMUN, rather than GWILLA MUN.

I mentally say gouleymun

Remember, this pronunciation is from the only guy on the HH team to say GUILE IMMUN, rather than GWILLA MUN.

Personally, I say it as GILLIE MAN. And yes, I realise it's probably not the common way of saying it. :D

Confirmed for WHUNK.

EDIT: (It's clang in the text. I just like that link.)

Well played sir, well played.

When I first saw the image, I immediately thought of Sauron...

Also, I've noticed BL covers have been getting especially brutal lately, keep up the good work :D

Looking at it again, those Warhounds in the background are just drop dead gorgeous! I've been told by various sources over the years not to judge a book by its cover, but I'd pay money just the picture alone. I don't know what to be more excited for: the Blood Angels book or this?

Shunting things back onto happier ground.

ADB- I remember you saying a while back that you were really itching to be the guy that got to handle the World Eaters in the Heresy. With Betrayer now a joint Lethal Weapon jaunt of doom with Lorgar and Angron, does the book have a focus heavily on the World Eaters or is it an even split between the two legions?

Go away, this is mine and Gree's thread. It's the place where my jokes go to die.

Uh.

Khârn's the main character. It's sort of... "Angron's book" in that it's about his arc. Argel Tal and Lorgar are main characters, but not The Main Characters, if you get me. That's Khârn and Angron. It's very much a World Eater book, I'm just trying to be a bit more diverse than

(Burped the baby)

...a bit more diverse than saying it's just "A World Eater book", to reflect the spreading-out of Legions as the Heresy goes on, and their mingling and stuff. Theme-wise, it's as much a World Eater book as Know No Fear was an Ultramarine book.

I've briefly considered, uh, "cheating". Because I want to write about the Ultramarines so much, I considered having Ultramarine POVs, but that feels a bit self-indulgent (even for me).

I'm getting ye.

At the time you were hankering for the World Eaters, i didn't have the appreciation for the Age of Darkness era/thingum occurring now. I was so used to the previous novels working almost as a singular statement on the particular legion (Fulgrim being the "Emperor's children" book for example.), that i was surprised when i first heard the premise of Betrayer.

Obviously that was me herping with a hefty side portion of derp. It's not a case of either or, there can be a world eater book also focusing on a joint action between them and the Word Bearers, just idiot past me seemed to feel it would somehow dilute the World Eaterness of it.

I mentally say gouleymun

Someone else says it that way. I can't remember who. Alan Merrett, I think? Don't quote me on that.

The only important thing is that no-one says LAYZguns. Always LAZ. But I digress.

Looking at it again, those Warhounds in the background are just drop dead gorgeous! I've been told by various sources over the years not to judge a book by its cover, but I'd pay money just the picture alone. I don't know what to be more excited for: the Blood Angels book or this?

In fairness, the events of both events are just as major, but one is a famous and hotly-anticipated event, and the other is something not-yet-guessed, so I won't weep if you betray m-- Uh, prefer to wait for FtT as your gold star book.

That was in my notes doc, to the artist Neil Roberts. As was a link to the .gif of Sauron WHUNKING (easy now...) at the start of FotR.

Obviously that was me herping with a hefty side portion of derp. It's not a case of either or, there can be a world eater book also focusing on a joint action between them and the Word Bearers, just idiot past me seemed to feel it would somehow dilute the World Eaterness of it.

No, joking aside, that's a real narrative worry. But it can be a strength to play them off another Legion, if you do it right. There are several moments and scenes in my notes where I have Word Bearers and World Eaters (On the battlefield... In the gladiator pits... At a ritual desecration...) looking at each other and shaking their heads at how different they are to one another. They're not exactly friends. Their differences highlight their strengths and weaknesses. That sort of theme.

But it's very much focused on the World Eaters, their traditions, their sense of brotherhood (which is unique to the World Eaters for a lot of reasons), their relationship with their primarch, and their primarch's destiny.

I mentally say gouleymun

Someone else says it that way. I can't remember who. Alan Merrett, I think? Don't quote me on that.

The only important thing is that no-one says LAYZguns. Always LAZ. But I digress.

I think I spend more time worrying about if i'm saying the chaos gods names properly

No, joking aside, that's a real narrative worry. But it can be a strength to play them off another Legion, if you do it right. There are several moments and scenes in my notes where I have Word Bearers and World Eaters (On the battlefield... In the gladiator pits... At a ritual desecration...) looking at each other and shaking their heads at how different they are to one another. They're not exactly friends. Their differences highlight their strengths and weaknesses. That sort of theme.

But it's very much focused on the World Eaters, their traditions, their sense of brotherhood (which is unique to the World Eaters for a lot of reasons), their relationship with their primarch, and their primarch's destiny.

Obviously part of the concern would be that the Word Bearers have been quite visible throughout the series so far, whilst the World Eaters have had only a few moments to shine in comparison. I know there's an expectation among a few of my friends for this book as pretty much every Angron based shenanigan in the series so far has been a fond point of discussion.

Anywho, you seem to have a pretty damn good handle on the factions you turn your hand to. If Angron's lot are portrayed half as good as you got the Templars then i see happy faces all round.

Remember, this pronunciation is from the only guy on the HH team to say GUILE IMMUN, rather than GWILLA MUN.

Personally, I say it as GILLIE MAN. And yes, I realise it's probably not the common way of saying it. :D

Here Here for the GILLIE MAN!!!!!! That is how it always sounded to me.

My girlfriend who tends to *cute-ify* everything she sees/hears/writes and says came up with Roby-G. But not spoken like Robbie-G, rather Roby as in the first sound of 'Robot' or 'Robe', so now I almost always think of him as Roby G

I mentally say gouleymun

In fairness, the events of both events are just as major, but one is a famous and hotly-anticipated event, and the other is something not-yet-guessed, so I won't weep if you betray m-- Uh, prefer to wait for FtT as your gold star book.

That was in my notes doc, to the artist Neil Roberts. As was a link to the .gif of Sauron WHUNKING (easy now...) at the start of FotR.

It must be pronunciation day here! I remember that just ruined the Dune movie for me. LAYZ guns. powerful enough to cut through any substance. Or my LAYS potato chips, powerful enough to fatten up any athlete (yeah, it happened to me :D )

Or I could just gold star both like a baus. Either way the thought of reading those two novels the future and continuing your Night Lord books has finally gotten me out of post Mass Effect depression. :D

I wonder....

Wasn't one of Angron's axes on the Furious Abyss?

Ssh, that book never happened...

Oh, but it did.

The ax in "the book that never happened" is named Brazentooth. Angron had it before getting the matching pair of Gorefather and Gorechild.

*snip

*snip

*Hides in a corner so no-one sees him.

Is Laz like lass but with a "z"?

Personally I always pronounced it as a shortened version of laser which I've always been taught to pronounce it as "LAYZER" by my Welsh mother and Tennessee dad soooooooooo pronunciations are always fun for me. <_<

So long as we don't have an argument over who pronounces what, it's quite entertaining seeing what other people make of these outlandish words. <_<

Oh and the reasoning behind my pronunciation of Roboute's name is that it has always seemed kinda French to me, so I put a French spin on it. :ermm:

Yeah I keep trying to phonetically sound everything out. Should know better since English is my first language. But it always makes reading fun. Sorta.

It's fun until you try and pronounce the name of the world where Khârn gained his "the Betrayer" moniker. Forget it's name, but i completely gave up on the second attempt of reading it.

I've always pronounced it Rowbut Gillimun. My question was always on how to say Sanguinius name. Its a constant argument at my store. But anyways, cover looks awesome. Nearly lost my phone to my teacher when I went holy <_< at the image.

Yeah I keep trying to phonetically sound everything out. Should know better since English is my first language. But it always makes reading fun. Sorta.

It's fun until you try and pronounce the name of the world where Khârn gained his "the Betrayer" moniker. Forget it's name, but i completely gave up on the second attempt of reading it.

Eskrador...spelling? I've said it Es- crud- or

Eskrador...spelling? I've said it Es- crud- or

No, I was referring to Skalathrax, wrongly. It's another world beginning with S that basically pulled my brain out of my ear. I'm gonna' be on a google hunt for the next hour now, dammit.

Archived