Betrayer

Gotta love how many costume changes a Primarch needs.

No, sir.

Lorgar looks exactly the same as he does on the cover of The Primarchs and Aurelian - the only difference is his armour is red, as the Word Bearers changed their colours.

Angron is wearing pretty much exactly the same stuff as on Tales of Heresy, The Primarchs, and John Blanche's original sketch of him. http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/20...on-suggestions/. The only real difference is that we're seeing the Butcher's Nails better.

I thought Lorgar had already ascended to Daemonhood by the events of Know No Fear? The hololith projection turning into something resembling the CCG art of him with the horns, etc before it explodes into blood right?

Was it Lorgar though ^_^

Or was it Lorgar communicating through a Daemonic vassal? Or my likely (and my view) the communication system on Guilliman's own ship was perverted at the end of the transmission?

Could even be more poetic though, it could have been a warp taint in the communication that showed the true soul of Lorgar to Guilliman. Be interesting to read the other side of the view if it's ever done to see what Lorgar sees, it this was true.

I thought Lorgar had already ascended to Daemonhood by the events of Know No Fear?

God, no.

Was it Lorgar though ^_^

Or was it Lorgar communicating through a Daemonic vassal? Or my likely (and my view) the communication system on Guilliman's own ship was perverted at the end of the transmission?

Could even be more poetic though, it could have been a warp taint in the communication that showed the true soul of Lorgar to Guilliman. Be interesting to read the other side of the view if it's ever done to see what Lorgar sees, it this was true.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/origin...clever-girl.jpg

Only just noticed that not only do these poor Ultramarines have to deal with two primarchs (with Angron being quite enough anyway!) but there are three anti-infantry warhounds bounding up from the left as well!

What is the Ultramarine on the right saying to his brother? I'm going with: "ohh snap this can't end well..."

Looks like the Warhounds are shooting the Word Bearers to me.

Gill-eh-mun.

Sounds less french.

Bingo.

It sounds pretty close to how I say it. Dare I say I utter it this way sometimes, too. :cuss

Incidentally, it's also how it's pronounced by Konrad Curze/Night Haunter in "The Dark King" (the Horus Heresy audio short story about the Night Haunter) and by Rogal Dorn in "The Lightning Tower" (the Horus Heresy audio short story about Rogal Dorn).

No, sir.

Lorgar looks exactly the same as he does on the cover of The Primarchs and Aurelian - the only difference is his armour is red, as the Word Bearers changed their colours.

Angron is wearing pretty much exactly the same stuff as on Tales of Heresy, The Primarchs, and John Blanche's original sketch of him. http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/20...on-suggestions/. The only real difference is that we're seeing the Butcher's Nails better.

Ah fair enough! :(

I must admit that Lorgar and Dorn look awesome on the cover of the Primarchs, definately the stand out pair, not a fan of the Imperial Eagle attached to Dorns armour though, lol.

Only just noticed that not only do these poor Ultramarines have to deal with two primarchs (with Angron being quite enough anyway!) but there are three anti-infantry warhounds bounding up from the left as well!

What is the Ultramarine on the right saying to his brother? I'm going with: "ohh snap this can't end well..."

More conspiracies?

Gill-eh-mun.

Sounds less french.

Bingo.

It sounds pretty close to how I say it. Dare I say I utter it this way sometimes, too. :)

I actually say/read it that way specifically because it sounds French to me,

I pronounce Roboute as "Row-byou," Sanguinius by adding 'ee-us' to 'sanguine' and shifting the focus from 'san' to 'guin,' "san-GWIN-ee-us."

Worst pronunciation I ever heard was for Leman Russ, which one guy pronounces it like Lemon Rust. LAYZ-gun doesn't bother me too much, though I do prefer LAZZ-gun.

As to the topic at hand, I have to admit that at first the picture really bothered me. Two Ultramarines flying through the air with a single blow? More blood in the air than could possibly have come from such wounds? Massively disappointed in this.

Then I realized it was Lorgar, and not Khârn. And suddenly I was okay with it.

More conspiracies?

If you look closely the Warhounds appear to be in the same colours as the Word Bearers. I think they are probably shooting at the Ultramarines just in front of the Word Bearers.

More conspiracies?

If you look closely the Warhounds appear to be in the same colours as the Word Bearers. I think they are probably shooting at the Ultramarines just in front of the Word Bearers.

However, if you look at the two closest Word Bearers, they look like Val Gorbak (or whatever, I'm sure that's wrong. Argel Tal's lot). One of them has a daemonic looking head. Red head/helmet, shoulderpads, but Ultramarine blue everywhere else. Haven't read the book yet, so I don't know if there was any attempts to "infiltrate" the Ultramarines or at least confuse them for a second. I said that jokingly, the infiltration part, but I'm actually greatly amused by the idea of mutated Word Bearers trying to Alpha Legion their way into the Ultramarines, and failing hard.

As George Michael once sang, "I think I need a Ro-booty-booty"

I honestly can't read about him (even in KNF, which redeemed the Ultras somewhat for me) without imagining his name as Rowboat Girlyman.

I also think of Angron as Angry Ron and Perturabo as Petulant Bro, so the problem is probably mine.

I also think of Angron as Angry Ron and Perturabo as Petulant Bro, so the problem is probably mine.

That does actually kind of sum them up, though in a rather negative light for Perturabo.

I honestly can't read about him (even in KNF, which redeemed the Ultras somewhat for me) without imagining his name as Rowboat Girlyman.

I always think of him as girlyman, although I try to pronounce it ga-la-man.

Haha, nice.

Why would you artificially insert an "r" into his name? There's not even an "a" at the first part of his name which might suggest a similar sound?

If you (like me) are unsure on how to pronounce something, use the phonetic pronounciation since it is either right or people can tell what you're trying to say. I do it all the time with 40k since many words are corrupted plays on foreign words. Many English speakers struggle with non-english words in text if they've never came across with them (blame our education system!)

Still, Angron is an easier name for me to pronounce as it is short and not much you can interpret about it.

I find it rather funny that the names of Britain-born 40K might actually be easier to pronounce for me (Portuguese) than those with English as their native language.

Though Portuguese is said to be a difficult language to learn (which, judging by our high-school marks, is true even for those born here =p), it comes in very handy when trying a foreign language because it's very neutral in tone. That means we usually catch up on the pronounciation of foreign words pretty quickly, but will speak them devoid of the part that comes with the native accent. The drawback is that it's almost impossible for a person of another country to speak Portuguese without the accent being very noticeable. Easter Europeans are the exception (who also have neutral languages), to my knowledge. Once they get the language, you can have a hard time distinguishing them from a native Portuguese speaker.

My take on Papa Blue's name would be Rowbout Gillymahn. The "h" in the end is rather tricky, but I don't think you pronounce it "men", more like "mun", perhaps.

I always thought the word "Guilliman" looked a bit french, and I think that doubble-L is pronounced "J", like in "maillot" (swimwear) -prononced "Majouh". That would give Guijiman. Hmmm....

I just say it Gul-lee-mon because since I have not seen a pronunciation guide and thanks to five hundred people speakin five hundred different language around me on a daily basis(Oh Disney World how I hate you!) I get pretty screwed up on phonetic pronunciation.

Greyall, don't take this the wrong way but from what I hear, every country seems to have students failing their native language classes. I blame textiese.

Greyall, don't take this the wrong way but from what I hear, every country seems to have students failing their native language classes. I blame textiese.

I know, mate, but it's a plight wherever it occurs.

Not sure I understand what "textiese" means, though.

Archived