Betrayer

I've always pronounced it Rowbut Gillimun. My question was always on how to say Sanguinius name.

I say it Sung-oo-eenee-oos, as you would perhaps pronounce it in latin, but then I am not a native english speaker and that's how I pronounce most names in 40K that are not clearly derived from the english language. I still have no idea how to pronounce Roboute Guilliman, though. I liked the pronunciation in the "Lightning Tower" audio play. (Was that the one where Dorn is in the process of building the defenses for the Imperial Palace and muses about what he might fear of the coming threat?)

It's fun until you try and pronounce the name of the world where Khârn gained his "the Betrayer" moniker. Forget it's name, but i completely gave up on the second attempt of reading it.

Eskrador...spelling? I've said it Es- crud- or

As-krah-door is where the Ultramarines and Alpha Legion fought. The World Eaters got sundered on Skull-ah-trux.

Only just noticed that not only do these poor Ultramarines have to deal with two primarchs (with Angron being quite enough anyway!) but there are three anti-infantry warhounds bounding up from the left as well!

What is the Ultramarine on the right saying to his brother? I'm going with: "ohh snap this can't end well..."

I make no claims that it's correct. Remember, this pronunciation is from the only guy on the HH team to say GUILE IMMUN, rather than GWILLA MUN.

Just cut to the chase and call him guerilla-man. You know you want to. :lol:

I've said the Ultramarines are the most difficult Legion/Chapter to attack because of their tactical mastery and discipline;

I'd love to see their tactical mastery taken into account when attacking two primarchs. So far in the books, there hasn't been much consideration from astartes in how to effectively combat one. They seem to just...rush at them. And then die. Then die more.

From the small hill's worth of bodies under Lorgar and Insane Angron Posse, they seem to be doing a similar thing here.

It'd be really interesting to see the ultras try and come up with some sort of sane strategy in attempting to tackle two primarchs, even if it is doomed.

Concentrated fire might work. If I recall correctly, the last thing anyone saw of Vulkan was a mushroom cloud in the middle of the Isstvan V battlefield.

Of course, doing so means you divert firepower from the thousands of enemy troops, Titans included.

On the artwork, I do wonder if placing Lorgar and Angron so close to each other was intentional or just a case of having to show both characters with little room to do so. I doubt these two will become friends, but maybe the World Eater will come to respect Lorgar.

Concentrated fire might work. If I recall correctly, the last thing anyone saw of Vulkan was a mushroom cloud in the middle of the Isstvan V battlefield.

Vulkan was present when the legions split into chapters, according to fluff from Codex Armageddon (I think that was the source).

I make no claims that it's correct. Remember, this pronunciation is from the only guy on the HH team to say GUILE IMMUN, rather than GWILLA MUN.

Just cut to the chase and call him guerilla-man. You know you want to. :cuss

I think it was Toby Longworth who pronounced it "Goolie-man". Bloody ridiculous. I just call him, "you know, one of those dead loyalists. No, the blue ones," or Gwillyman if I'm feeling silly.

And re the cover: ......There are no words to accurately describe how awesome that is. Even better than the cover for Know No Fear, or as I like to call it, "LOOK HOW LONG MY ARM IS!"

It's a damn shame it won't all fit on the front cover.

Od.

Vulkan was present when the legions split into chapters, according to fluff from Codex Armageddon (I think that was the source).

Right, my bad. I meant to say until now, according to the Horus Heresy novels timeline. Thanks, mate.

I've said the Ultramarines are the most difficult Legion/Chapter to attack because of their tactical mastery and discipline;

I'd love to see their tactical mastery taken into account when attacking two primarchs. So far in the books, there hasn't been much consideration from astartes in how to effectively combat one. They seem to just...rush at them. And then die. Then die more.

From the small hill's worth of bodies under Lorgar and Insane Angron Posse, they seem to be doing a similar thing here.

It'd be really interesting to see the ultras try and come up with some sort of sane strategy in attempting to tackle two primarchs, even if it is doomed.

I quote one of my Deathwatch player's characters when alone, cornered by a daemon prince, bleeding out.

If all I can do further in the service of the Allfather is to give my life, then so be it! It is spent gladly. My sole regret is that you lay not dead before me.

Amazingly, he survived.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else notice that Lorgar has a halo or am I slow for thinkin it was part of the lightning bolt?

He's got Emperor's halo. Figures since he's supposed to resemble him the most amongst Primarchs. May it be just a psyker thing too though since Sanguinius got that too.

Archived