Betrayer

I'm super pissed for being disappointed with this cover, it's my own fault for expecting a Neil Roberts-drawn Khârn as if it had been confirmed. I mean, this is great, a whole lot going on, Ultras dying left and right and, best of all, Angron's facial expression of "You mean this sacristy rat can actually hit something with that mace?". Awesome.

Damn my Khârn fanboyism...

I'll make it up to you. Khârn is the main character. Or the perspective character, if you want to be pretentious. (And I do. I always, always do.)

But the cover needed to show this scene, as it's such a major moment in the Heresy, and the story arcs of three Legions. I could've just said "Market it as a Khârn novel" and made bajillions of your Earth dollars, but this moment/scene felt right.

Oh very nice!

While I still loathe the Word Bearers and Lorgar for their collective weakness and insipid need to worship ANYTHING (and throwing all of humanity under the bus to do it) this is an excellent counterpoint to Know No Fear.

I enjoy that behind Lorgars upswing and the flying Ultramarines, Angron still exudes power and a sense of threat. The proportions are very nice, he seems a hulking beast. That he can do that while wearing Kratos style KISS makeup is all the more impressive

I'm super pissed for being disappointed with this cover, it's my own fault for expecting a Neil Roberts-drawn Khârn as if it had been confirmed. I mean, this is great, a whole lot going on, Ultras dying left and right and, best of all, Angron's facial expression of "You mean this sacristy rat can actually hit something with that mace?". Awesome.

Damn my Khârn fanboyism...

I'll make it up to you. Khârn is the main character. Or the perspective character, if you want to be pretentious. (And I do. I always, always do.)

But the cover needed to show this scene, as it's such a major moment in the Heresy, and the story arcs of three Legions. I could've just said "Market it as a Khârn novel" and made bajillions of your Earth dollars, but this moment/scene felt right.

I sense double meaning in the title then. Does Betrayer refer to Lorgar and/or Khârn I wonder?

Also, great choice of moment for the cover, it looks really eye-catching.

Appreciated. =) It's even more frustrating because, to me, Neil Robert's artwork has been on a crescendo

I wonder, what with the recent revelations on Khârn's (Age of Darkness), how will he react to the Gal Vorbak...

Appreciated. =) It's even more frustrating because, to me, Neil Robert's artwork has been on a crescendo

I wonder, what with the recent revelations on Khârn's (Age of Darkness), how will he react to the Gal Vorbak...

I started writing about Khârn (The Butcher's Nails) before AoD was published, so I think my Khârn will be a little different. He's very close to Argel Tal, but he's not a fan of the Word Bearers in general, no.

He's very close to Argel Tal, but he's not a fan of the Word Bearers in general, no.

I did not expect that first part, I thought there'd be some serious tension when the two were in the same room but, now that I think of it, they're both a voice of reason of sorts for their Primarchs - as well as champions.

I started writing about Khârn (The Butcher's Nails) before AoD was published, so I think my Khârn will be a little different. He's very close to Argel Tal, but he's not a fan of the Word Bearers in general, no.

I'm intrigued by this, it sounds like an interesting relationship. I'm really looking forward to geting my hands on this book. Write faster! :D

I absolutely HATE smurfs, so a Blu Merheen being smacked upside the head has made my day. Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

I 'could' be way off the mark but....ah why bother

Just.......

Sigh

Saa

.......or something like that :lol:

He's very close to Argel Tal, but he's not a fan of the Word Bearers in general, no.

I did not expect that first part, I thought there'd be some serious tension when the two were in the same room but, now that I think of it, they're both a voice of reason of sorts for their Primarchs - as well as champions.

If you like reading about Khârn then one of the short ebooks from BL for their 15th anniversary is about Khârn.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/t...asket_item=5853

The cover art for Betrayer has now been released at Aaron's blog. http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/20...real-this-time/

Judging from that comment section, apparently not everybody suddenly likes the Ultramarines after 'Know No Fear'...

Well, I suspose many people will like this novel because the Ultramarines take another heavy beating, just like in Know No Fear.

The cover art for Betrayer has now been released at Aaron's blog. http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/20...real-this-time/

Judging from that comment section, apparently not everybody suddenly likes the Ultramarines after 'Know No Fear'...

Well, I suspose many people will like this novel because the Ultramarines take another heavy beating, just like in Know No Fear.

Thanks, man. For a second, I was worried I'd have to actually write it before seeing it reviewed.

Thanks, man. For a second, I was worried I'd have to actually write it before seeing it reviewed.

Sarcasm is not necessary or appreciated. If you would allow me to clarify I am basing that off my apparent judgment of the cover and what it depicts in addition to your prior confirmation that the Ultramarines will probably lose this one.

I do think I'm allowed conjecture don't you?

Sarcasm is not necessary or appreciated. If you would allow me to clarify I am basing that off my apparent judgment of the cover and what it depicts in addition to your prior confirmation that the Ultramarines will probably lose this one.

In his defense, your original comment did come off as a bit glib. It obviously wasn't intended but the terseness of the post didn't help.

Had you clarified your point in the original post, these misunderstandings might have been avoided.

Funnily enough, I was on your side until that reply. Silly me, thinking we could all be light-hearted about such a thing.

Moving swiftly on from the fact that it wasn't actually phrased as conjecture (sigh, why couldn't we just be guys joking around?) but as informed foreknowledge, let's just focus elsewhere. I was trying to crack wise, not make a point.

Also! I notice you choose to focus on me saying "The Ultramarines are going to lose this one" rather than the 800 times I've said the Ultramarines are the most difficult Legion/Chapter to attack because of their tactical mastery and discipline; and the many times I've shared my positive view on the Codex Astartes; and the references in Void Stalker (and the intent in discussions mentioned on here while writing Void Stalker) how the Thirteenth Legion's disciplined assault on Tsagualsa completely breaks the Night Lords to pieces; and the fact I've said on here, as well, that I'd never have the Ultramarines look like chumps.

tl;dr -- Don't assume. There's a famous saying about people who assume.

EDIT: I still love you and think you're a genius, though.

EDIT 2: I'm not sure why we're arguing.

EDIT 3: I typo'd chumps as chimps three times. True story.

Shunting things back onto happier ground.

ADB- I remember you saying a while back that you were really itching to be the guy that got to handle the World Eaters in the Heresy. With Betrayer now a joint Lethal Weapon jaunt of doom with Lorgar and Angron, does the book have a focus heavily on the World Eaters or is it an even split between the two legions?

Funnily enough, I was on your side until that reply. Silly me, thinking we could all be light-hearted about such a thing.

Moving swiftly on from the fact that it wasn't actually phrased as conjecture (sigh, why couldn't we just be guys joking around?) but as informed foreknowledge, let's just focus elsewhere. I was trying to crack wise, not make a point.

Also! I notice you choose to focus on me saying "The Ultramarines are going to lose this one" rather than the 800 times I've said the Ultramarines are the most difficult Legion/Chapter to attack because of their tactical mastery and discipline; and the many times I've shared my positive view on the Codex Astartes; and the references in Void Stalker (and the intent in discussions mentioned on here while writing Void Stalker) how the Thirteenth Legion's disciplined assault on Tsagualsa completely breaks the Night Lords to pieces; and the fact I've said on here, as well, that I'd never have the Ultramarines look like chumps.

I don’t want to drag this off topic with a point by point analysis of my personal feelings and how I reacted to said comment. I think you do portray factions positively, it’s simply that I’ve seen many people take it as the opposite in a certain way. I don’t think you will depict them as such, merely that many people might see the depiction of them as “chumps” (and that is their opinion and interpretation of things.) I was not accusing you of anything negative, on the contrary I am quite excited by your work.

I don’t want to drag this off topic with a point by point analysis of my personal feelings and how I reacted to said comment. I think you do portray factions positively, it’s simply that I’ve seen many people take it as the opposite in a certain way. I don’t think you will depict them as such, merely that many people might see the depiction of them as “chumps” (and that is their opinion and interpretation of things.) I was not accusing you of anything negative, on the contrary I am quite excited by your work.

Sorry, I'm trying breakneck-post in short breaks and between Alexander-burpings. I'm not actually annoyed or anything. Like I said, I still love you lots.

Archived